GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is What you will miss in North America. Stock vs Akrapovic Mk8R Exhaust!

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Yeah, I bet the next refresh after its initial release will bring back some buttons. Touch buttons are not 100% reliable due to oil on people hands. Having to touch it twice to get it to respond is a deal breaker. I can wait it out in my 18' R until they come to their senses.
Agree i want some buttons....but...When you drive this sick car .....you forgett all touch ;)

Attachments

• Magnus 18.jpg
    Magnus 18.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
This guy is a bit dramatic, but he makes a lot of good points. There was WAY too much cost cutting that went into the MK8's design. The MK7 / 7.5 interior is miles better if you ask me.

Again, I agree that the car performs better. I think we can all agree with that. But, I'm looking for the best "do it all" daily driven car. There's a fine line between race car and daily driver.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
If our cars popped like that from the factory I'd have to think long and hard if another VW was really what I wanted...

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
4.23 to 60 is my Best so far. But think i can beat that now, Car is run in now, and a bit colder weather. Will do some Dragy this week again..

Yes the sounds is pretty awesome, for stock exhaust.. So much better than my previous mk7.5 :)

Coolrunning39

Go Kart Newbie
4.23 to 60 is my Best so far. But think i can beat that now, Car is run in now, and a bit colder weather. Will do some Dragy this week again..

Yes the sounds is pretty awesome, for stock exhaust.. So much better than my previous mk7.5 :)
I love to hear that man!!! Any mods(cut open other intake inlet and remove snow filter?) or still fully stock?

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
I love to hear that man!!! Any mods(cut open other intake inlet and remove snow filter?) or still fully stock?
No still bone Stock...but have a Carbon fiber intake home..So that will come on the car later.. ;)