GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This is What you will miss in North America. Stock vs Akrapovic Mk8R Exhaust!

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Virtually every non-professional audio recorder has what is called automatic gain control, which will keep the peak recorded volumes consistent, even when the actual volumes vary. Additionally, microphones vary greatly in their flatness across the frequency range, both on and off axis; so how these exhausts sound may be quite different than if you were standing where the camera and mic were located. Last, to reduce bandwidth demands, YouTube greatly reduces the dynamic range of its audio files (don't ever get a sound engineer started talking about it, as smoke will start to pour from his/her nose and ears) though this reduction in dynamic range is slightly less when you listen to their videos in HD mode.

Bottom line: you really gotta hear the two exhausts in person to get an accurate idea of how much, or how little, they differ.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
You can still buy akrapovic goodies here in North America, just maybe not directly from the dealer.

Akrapovic makes really nice motorcycle & racing exhausts, I don't know if 4k is justifiable for any street exhaust.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Still sounds like a buzzy 4 banger turbo to me. Nothing can save that. Not worth it IMO

HalfGerman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
And on the other side, this is what you will miss in Europe: manual transmission :p AND a cheaper price ( with similiar options) as they only come "loaded" supposedly $45k-ish

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Virtually every non-professional audio recorder has what is called automatic gain control, which will keep the peak recorded volumes consistent, even when the actual volumes vary. Additionally, microphones vary greatly in their flatness across the frequency range, both on and off axis; so how these exhausts sound may be quite different than if you were standing where the camera and mic were located. Last, to reduce bandwidth demands, YouTube greatly reduces the dynamic range of its audio files (don't ever get a sound engineer started talking about it, as smoke will start to pour from his/her nose and ears) though this reduction in dynamic range is slightly less when you listen to their videos in HD mode.

Bottom line: you really gotta hear the two exhausts in person to get an accurate idea of how much, or how little, they differ.
Agree, so hard to record the sound!. The bangs are crazy in real life i can tell! :)

And the Akra sounds better!, but not so much as you would expected...But you need to remember you only get a 4200$ Akra rear Silencer!. Everyting else is the same!!..

:)

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
I’d pay it just to dump the oval tips. I can’t overstate my hatred of any non-round exhaust. But yes, realistically, I’d buy something cheaper, but still with round tips.
Think you can remove just the tips in 10min!, so not a problem if you don´t like them :)

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
You can still buy akrapovic goodies here in North America, just maybe not directly from the dealer.

Akrapovic makes really nice motorcycle & racing exhausts, I don't know if 4k is justifiable for any street exhaust.
And in this case is just the rear silencer!! Full Akra exhaust is like 8500$ ;)

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Take off the resonator and just add a piece of piping in its place. $4k saved.

I would honestly love to have the AK exhaust but not for $4k+
Then it will be loud.. ;).... But i think you can get a full Turbo back system for like 3000$.... :)

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
And on the other side, this is what you will miss in Europe: manual transmission :p AND a cheaper price ( with similiar options) as they only come "loaded" supposedly $45k-ish
Yes you are lucky!!, so Crazy that you get a manual.. We in Sweden invented the manual ;)

And Agree, you get some Crazy deal on the Cars!. Your Spec is like 60k $ i Europe ;)

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
ya sounds like they just swapped the res to me lol