GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of selling my 2016, thoughts on value? (Poll Included)

How much do you think it will fetch Private Party?

• >$19,000

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • $18k to $18.9k

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • $17k to $17.9k

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • $16k to $16.9k

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • $15k to $15.9k

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • $14k to $14.9K

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • $13k - $13.9k

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • $12k - $12.9k

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • TreeFiddy!

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What's going on with that tint - especially on the left side? You need to fix stuff like that because, like my father-in-law (who sold used cars) used to say "if the ashtray is dirty then the rest of the car probably wasn't taken care of".

I don't think there's anything "going on" with the tint, it looks like those pictures were taken before the inside hatch trim was put back on, so you're just seeing the silver body panels.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I could be in same boat next year if the guy I'm in talks with lets his pristine E46 M3 go to me. Personally, I'd take nothing off and sell what OE pieces you have with it. Like Jake said, time is money (and frustration of pulling things off). It is very tastefully put together and will definately get the attention of someone looking for one. It should garner top dollar as it sits and will be turn-key for the enthusiast looking to get into a nice ride without doing anything. They are out there, sold my last 2 VWs modded and got a good deal above KBB. Just have to wait for right buyer.

If not, just throw a safety flare inside and collect the insurance money 😁. Then go get your P-car.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
What's going on with that tint - especially on the left side? You need to fix stuff like that because, like my father-in-law (who sold used cars) used to say "if the ashtray is dirty then the rest of the car probably wasn't taken care of".

It’s a weird anomaly in the photo. Strange.

I just went out to check it out and everything is normal. (y)

Honestly I couldn’t live with that type of defect, I am too anal retentive. :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

From the inside shot across you can see the upper trim, not sure if that was what was causing it.

Last edited:

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
I'd be willing to pay slightly over KBB if I were in the market. It has a lot of tasteful mods that I would do anyway and private party sale means no tax in AZ. Personally, I don't think you should minimize/downplay the mods because the right buyer will appreciate them.

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
I'm in DFW, TX and interested in some mods if you decide to part out. 7.5 tails, clubsport muffler

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
Sell it to Vroom or Carvana, you will get decent offers, better than dealer trade-in for sure. You can easily get a quote online within minutes.

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
Sell it to Vroom or Carvana, you will get decent offers, better than dealer trade-in for sure. You can easily get a quote online within minutes.

Might be better than dealer but will still be trash compared to private party.

cb1111

It’s a weird anomaly in the photo. Strange.

I just went out to check it out and everything is normal. (y)

Honestly I couldn’t live with that type of defect, I am too anal retentive. :ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

From the inside shot across you can see the upper trim, not sure if that was what was causing it.

I figured you wouldn't put up with that. At least you saw what I was talking about.

Another reminder to pay very attention to any pictures you post in your ad. It is little things like great pictures that get the people to give the car a second look.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Damn man, got some crazy low ballers on here.

2 votes for 12k. Are you car dealers? 😂

At least no one selected Tree Fiddy. 😂🤣

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Might be better than dealer but will still be trash compared to private party.

Not really.

Carvana offer for one of my vehicles is right within the private value range. I could grand more by selling directly but its not worth the effort. I have sold my vehicles to Carvana in the past and it’s hassle free

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
Just for fun I punched in my car’s info on Vroom and they sent me $14.7k offer for my 2015 GTI S (32k miles, manual, lighting package). If I was selling I’d certainly take it.

Surprising I did the same on my 16 Autobahn with about 56K miles and it was 13.9k lol