GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of selling my 2016, thoughts on value? (Poll Included)

How much do you think it will fetch Private Party?

• >$19,000

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • $18k to $18.9k

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • $17k to $17.9k

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • $16k to $16.9k

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • $15k to $15.9k

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • $14k to $14.9K

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • $13k - $13.9k

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • $12k - $12.9k

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • TreeFiddy!

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Hey All!

I am contemplating selling my GTI and getting into a 997.2, the Porsche bug has bit again.

What do you think my car will fetch?

2016 VW GTI SE 6MT in Silver w/ 35k miles
Performance Package
Lighting Package
DCC

Car is a One Owner Texas Car, Title in Hand and has been garaged since day 1, no bodywork, no stories, no accidents.

It's been crazy reliable with no unscheduled dealer trips. No track work (DE or autocross).

No front plate drilled.

All maintenance is up to date, all oil changes on time.

Within the last 9 mos the Diff Fluid, Transmission Fluid, Coolant and Brake/Clutch bled and flushed.

Car is currently modified with:

Stratified Pro-Tune
HS Tuning RSR DMFW Clutch Kit - Stock Like Pedal Feel(all new OE flywheel/Throwout Bearing and RMS done 9 mos ago)
Magic/Majesty Intercooler
ECS Bleeder Block
Euro S3 OE Short Shifter
Solid Shift Bushings
034 Dogbone Insert
Kill All Wipers Delete (have stock pieces)
VW Drivers Gear Springs (have stock springs)
Clubsport S Muffler (have stock muffler)
Folding Mirrors
MK7.5 Euro LED Tails with Custom Harness (have stock tails)
Konig Ampliform 18X8.5 (have stock Austins)
245/45-18 Michelin MPS4S Tires (tons of tread)
AeroFab Rear Spoiler
DashCam
Noico Sound Deadening in rear trunk and front doors.

Car will come with Whispbar Crossbars in all black ordered from Australia, Cobb AP and OBDEleven.

Pics for Clicks ;)

Last edited:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I'd return it to stock , sell mods seperately if you can, then kbb
Return most of the stuff you have to stock and sell it then or trade it to get a tax break

I've sold loads of modified cars in the past so I am not worried.

Also don't need to sell it in short order as I own it outright.

Dealer will absolutely screw me, probably will offer $11k. ;)

Dealers don't tend to give much for maintenance either.... can you tell I hate dealers? :LOL::ROFLMAO:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It's got very nice equipment.

Someone will definitely buy but maybe not immediately. Since you already own it you can wait. I think it's worth more towards the upper end(voted 18k) since the complete package is so nice. Dashcam is a huge bonus, wheels and tires look awesome. Plus an upgraded clutch that's already broken in.

I wouldn't part it out or trade it in since you can just wait for the right buyer.

cb1111

While I'm normally for returning to stock, here I'd do a hybrid.

If you put the regular wheels back on, you'll get the "normal" car market customer in TX too. I'd also remove the Clubsport and the OBD11 and crossbars. If you have a non-stock shift knob, then put the stock one back.

Advertise the car with "upgraded" parts. Don't reference any mods. An enthusiast will be able to tell right away and may ask you about mods. A normal customer might just be very impressed by the car.

The clubsport won't add value and you can get far more for it separately - the same holds true for the wheels AND remember that aesthetics are very important in this market. People might like your mechanical mods but be turned off by the wheels - the stock wheels are a safe bet that somebody can say "I'll swap those out".

I'd leave the Konigs (where's the damn umlaut on the keyboard?) in the garage next to the car. If somebody looks at the car, seems like they are interested but want to reduce the price, you can always say "I can't reduce the price, but I'll give you the Konig wheels that sell for $$$"

Also, don't say "I have the OE parts" in an ad - that implies that you are on the fence about that mod and wanted to hedge your bets.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
It depends. If you find the right buyer...you can negotiate the cost of your mods onto your asking price. I've sold all my cars this way.

Whenever I decide to sell my GTI...I'm going to sell as is. I kept all my stock parts. I'll just include the stock parts with the sale.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
i saw the kill all wipers listed, looked it up, looks pretty nice, went to look at your pics and it has wiper lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
very similar to my build and spec! But i got double your mileage. Interest ed to know. Private sale id say you can fetch 17 to 19. Trade in, nothing cause dealers suck like that lol. Maybe 12

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
i saw the kill all wipers listed, looked it up, looks pretty nice, went to look at your pics and it has wiper lol

Ye ask and ye shall receive.

Picked this one because it was the only one that I could find that was absolutely flat. (y)

This is right after I installed, ignore the silicone I needed to clean up.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
While I'm normally for returning to stock, here I'd do a hybrid.

If you put the regular wheels back on, you'll get the "normal" car market customer in TX too. I'd also remove the Clubsport and the OBD11 and crossbars. If you have a non-stock shift knob, then put the stock one back.

The issue is I don’t have tires on the Austins.

I might remove the tails and CSS. (y)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’d leave the mods on and post it for $18,000.

Used gti are extremely hard to sell, and while you could potentially get a little more parting some mods out that’s extra work and time is money.

Leaving it modding with eventually snag the right buy who can both afford it and appreciate it...lowering the car’s standards so to speak but taking mods off is just going to draw a bargain hunting crowd who probably can’t afford it anyway.

I sold my FBO mk6 with all of the mods on and got exactly what I wanted for it, which was $21,500. The car was in excellent condition and two years old with 43k miles on the clock.

IIRC kbb was 19k, so that’s what the buyer told the bank. They gave me that check, and he gave me cash for the difference.

The new owner was an enthusiast and loved the car as much as I did, so while I might have got $21,751.69 parting it out I feel better knowing it’s being enjoyed as intended and my time is worth a lot more than the potential small difference.

It’s a beautiful car, if you’re patient it’ll sell.

cb1111

Picked this one because it was the only one that I could find that was absolutely flat. (y)

What's going on with that tint - especially on the left side? You need to fix stuff like that because, like my father-in-law (who sold used cars) used to say "if the ashtray is dirty then the rest of the car probably wasn't taken care of".

Judas

Go Kart Newbie

I'm usually against wiper delete but that looks nice,