GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of purchasing my next Golf in Oryx White - Any pitfalls?

icebun

Ready to race!
Apart from Tar Spots, are they any other major disadvantage for opting for this colour?

I am keen on it as superficial scratches don't show up (a massive pet hate) and I think the colour looks really nice.

I currently have one in Titanium Silver which hardly shows the dirt but I accept that more frequent washing is one of the payloads.

Any comments would be welcome.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
You mean Oryx white? Or is there another pearl white that I'm unaware of?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Get a good touch up paint kit and you'll be fine. Ceramic coating helps a hell of a lot in keeping it clean and in removing fallout.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I had one for 3 years. LOVED the color. And the paint job was great too - far better than the Lapis blue '19 that replaced it.

Looks good under many different light conditions, easy to keep clean, doesn't show swirls/scratches easily, flies under the radar. I love Oryx.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I like it. It looks great when its clean and in the sun. Like was said about matching the paint. even the factory touch-up paint used for stone chips looks different on vertical surfaces.

pjs06c

Passed Driver's Ed
I just came from a Pure White GTI to Oryx White R --the Oryx White is amazing. It's one of those colors you have to see in person to appreciate.