GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking bout an Golf R -> RS3. Anyone do this?

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
That's really good news about no mark up. EVERY dealership I called had a markup, but I opted to order with Atlantic Audi as they promised no markup. They did require a 1k deposit. Maybe I'll get mine sooner? Maybe I should look for other dealerships that might sell the car assuming there isn't any markups? I'll keep an eye out. Looks like I'll have to part my R faster than I thought :X

I have a "stage 3" with an upgraded turbo. I think a tune would fix any sort of lag. Though I plan on keeping the RS3 stock for a long while.

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
I would like to amend my previous post in this thread to state that I've since started running my RS3 on E85 and HOLY FUCKING SHIT EVERYBODY MUST EXPERIENCE THIS!

As soon as DS1 announces their tune for the 8Y, I'll be trading up.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
That's really good news about no mark up. EVERY dealership I called had a markup, but I opted to order with Atlantic Audi as they promised no markup. They did require a 1k deposit. Maybe I'll get mine sooner? Maybe I should look for other dealerships that might sell the car assuming there isn't any markups? I'll keep an eye out. Looks like I'll have to part my R faster than I thought :X

I have a "stage 3" with an upgraded turbo. I think a tune would fix any sort of lag. Though I plan on keeping the RS3 stock for a long while.
I saw a comment saying just recently Audi started cracking down and not allowing dealers to charge over msrp. Not sure if that's true or not though. It would have been a very recent change though, like within the last week or 2. I called around 3 weeks ago and the third dealer I called said they had no problem selling at msrp to locals.

I've also seen comments from people buying out of state that their dealership is requiring them to use the dealers financing.

Mooseman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 TT RS

I mentioned it in a previous comment somewhere but basically I was told that the CEO Penske Automotive, the group that owned this particular dealership, mandated no markups about a month ago.

I recommend looking up a dealership that's part of their group if you're after MSRP.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I saw a comment saying just recently Audi started cracking down and not allowing dealers to charge over msrp. Not sure if that's true or not though. It would have been a very recent change though, like within the last week or 2. I called around 3 weeks ago and the third dealer I called said they had no problem selling at msrp to locals.

I've also seen comments from people buying out of state that their dealership is requiring them to use the dealers financing.
If a dealer can match my credit union or bank's lowest APRs, I'd have no problem with that. IE, when I got my golf in 2013, I used the dealership instead of USAA - they were both super low at the time... I don't recall exactly but something close to 0%. Nowadays I feel like that would be a unicorn rate.

Mooseman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 TT RS
If a dealer can match my credit union or bank's lowest APRs, I'd have no problem with that. IE, when I got my golf in 2013, I used the dealership instead of USAA - they were both super low at the time... I don't recall exactly but something close to 0%. Nowadays I feel like that would be a unicorn rate.
I got 2.69 with my credit union and that was considered a really good rate.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I saw a comment saying just recently Audi started cracking down and not allowing dealers to charge over msrp. Not sure if that's true or not though.
The comment you're probably referring to was about a specific dealership group - Penske. I'm pretty sure it's company policy to sell at MSRP. I've dealt with several Penske-owned stores over the last 20 years and they are easily the best-managed dealerships of any I've dealt with, also the most ethical and transparent.

Audi as a company has no power to dictate to dealers what they charge for the cars they sell. I'm sure there are behind-the-scenes ways they may try to pressure them into a certain behavior, but as a matter of law, they can't just set prices.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
I got 2.69 with my credit union and that was considered a really good rate.
Since then I've bought 2 other cars and used my own financing. Usually USAA beats all other offers I get and I'll always use a car loan over a massive cash outlay. It makes no sense to do it any other way to me.

Mooseman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 TT RS
Since then I've bought 2 other cars and used my own financing. Usually USAA beats all other offers I get and I'll always use a car loan over a massive cash outlay. It makes no sense to do it any other way to me.
USAA currently has 3.29% as their advertised rate. And even if it was better, I'm unfortunately not eligible since I'm a Canadian on a visa with no ties to the military.

I have heard nothing but great things about them from my Ranger friends though, their mortgage terms were insane.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I mentioned it in a previous comment somewhere but basically I was told that the CEO Penske Automotive, the group that owned this particular dealership, mandated no markups about a month ago.

I recommend looking up a dealership that's part of their group if you're after MSRP.

I spoke with another Audi location today after reading some of the replies here. They are a Penske dealership.

$2500 fully refundable deposit gets you a car at MSRP. No gimmicks or BS. The only options aside from the build spec are ceramic coating and tint, which you can opt out of if you choose.

Seems that the rumor about Penske auto group is true. Pretty cool that these dealers still exist. I bought my Golf R from VW N. Scottsdale in the Phoenix area. They are also a Penske shop. Had an absolutely fantastic experience there. Was out the door in no time.

The only downside to this whole thing. Projected 1 year wait for an allocation. Cray.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
USAA currently has 3.29% as their advertised rate. And even if it was better, I'm unfortunately not eligible since I'm a Canadian on a visa with no ties to the military.

I have heard nothing but great things about them from my Ranger friends though, their mortgage terms were insane.
Tell your Ranger friends to get with Navy Fed. To be fair, USAA has treated me really well though. Both have great service and have gone above and beyond on many occasions, but Navy Federal always seems to have better rates.

1659408088449.png