GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about trading 2017 Civic Si for new GTI

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
I recently started researching Honda Passport as a potential addition to the garage, and it looks like it’s plagued with infotainment issues, Honda sensing is absolute shit (owners refer to it as non-sensing) and on top of that there have been transmission failures here and there...so I wrote it off.

themaincop

Definitely not gonna buy one without stacking two hockey bags in the trunk and sticks over the back seat to make sure we can do it. If it doesn't fit then I'd consider a Sportwagen but that might be too much of a fun downgrade coming from my Si.

Still deciding if I want to make a move this year or wait one more year. Some days I get in my Si and it's like "hell yeah" and other days it's like "i hate this car." Slushy streets have started hitting in Ontario and I'm sure dying for that reverse camera that's not designed to get absolutely covered in crap after 3 minutes of driving.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Definitely not gonna buy one without stacking two hockey bags in the trunk and sticks over the back seat to make sure we can do it. If it doesn't fit then I'd consider a Sportwagen but that might be too much of a fun downgrade coming from my Si.

Still deciding if I want to make a move this year or wait one more year. Some days I get in my Si and it's like "hell yeah" and other days it's like "i hate this car." Slushy streets have started hitting in Ontario and I'm sure dying for that reverse camera that's not designed to get absolutely covered in crap after 3 minutes of driving.

You can hop up a Sportwagen also.

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed

themaincop

They already did a software update for the ECU on my car for the fuel dilution issue in the turbo. There are people saying that's still not enough to fix the issue. They also just released a warranty extension for a pretty common issue with the AC. It's good that they're taking care of this stuff but it's bad that it's breaking in the first place.

themaincop

Updating this thread for anyone googling trying to see if you can fit two hockey bags in the trunk of a Mk7 golf: yes with the cargo cover removed you can stack two hockey bags and get the door closed no problem.

R0dzilla7

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I can’t speak to the civic manual but I did drive and Accord 2.0 turbo manual and it was straight garbage. My GTI manual smokes it by a long shot IMO. Life is short to be unhappy. Good luck

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I drove Honda’s for a while. The vw is a superior product. I have not read the comments, just the original post. Sell your car on your own, its not difficult, it‘s just effort. Yours will sell. Buy a certified pre owned gti, look for the one you like. Leasing, unless you are claiming against a business, is a huge waste of cash - and don’t be a pussy about the manual. It’s the shit.