GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

They made a new kid work on the car…

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Forgot to update but since it was 14 days since I got the change they won’t compensate me and only offered a free tire change. Did I mention they didn’t give me my wheel lock key.
Report them to the BBB

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
We could be childish and brigade thier google reviews.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
This is an unfortunate outcome and I'm sorry to hear it. I will say it would be difficult to prove one way or the other after 14 days where the damage originated and it's unlikely you're going to get restitution, even in small claims court without photos of the wheels before the shop touched them or when you picked up the car since it's impossible to determine when the damage occurred.

I parked my car in front of my girlfriend's apartment one night and there was no signage at all but, when I woke up the next day to leave and saw my car gone with a lot of newly placed "Do Not Park - Street Paving!" signs, I eventually picked up the car at the police lot and saw the two wheels on the right side had been dragged against the curb when towed. Similar situation and neither the police or towing company would compensate me. I tried small claims court and the judge said what I said above - "I can't tell when the wheels were damaged so I can't rule against either defendant. Case is dismissed." Not to mention the parking ticket due to parking in a temporary no parking zone which was not refunded because it was the word of the Police (Yeah, the signs were there!) against mine (There were no signs the night before and I would have seen them because there was a sign on the tree where I parked!) Not a good day.

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
I wont be saying which shop it was as sometimes things happen. Im pretty sure it was a honest mistake on "905 Auto Care & Collision Center" part. The surely didnt mean to ruin all four rims, rip my tires and steal my lock keys. :)

TimCv1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI mk 7, Tiguan MQB
Hate to see it. But oem wheels as winter wheels is a good move, so long as you don't care about them getting messed up.
OEM wheels aren't the best move. Should go 1" smaller on diameter and adjust width/sidewall accordingly (see TireRack site).