GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thermostat housing and water pump fail.

walter.chaves

Jim54

My 2016 with 40K is in for the water pump maintenance exchange. Also needs the auxiliary coolant pump replaced, they had to drop the AWD bevel to get to it. On the positive side, VW picked up 100% of the bill.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
My 2016 with 40K is in for the water pump maintenance exchange. Also needs the auxiliary coolant pump replaced, they had to drop the AWD bevel to get to it. On the positive side, VW picked up 100% of the bill.

Jim, can you please share the part#'s of what was changed exactly? thanks much!

Jim54

Can’t seem to find the part number. They were replacing the auxiliary coolant pump due to an internal short circuit and found the water pump leaking. The repair order lists all the water pump and thermostat housing part numbers but only describes what they were doing with the auxiliary coolant pump. It says there is another RO but I did not receive it. I’ll get it.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Can’t seem to find the part number. They were replacing the auxiliary coolant pump due to an internal short circuit and found the water pump leaking. The repair order lists all the water pump and thermostat housing part numbers but only describes what they were doing with the auxiliary coolant pump. It says there is another RO but I did not receive it. I’ll get it.

ok i see. i did a search and came up with this: 5Q0121599AA
wonder if it looks like it?
thanks again for anything you can come up with.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Joining the water pump/thermostat housing club at 40k miles. Yippie! :(

Did fine that fcpeuro offers a kit that includes both and install parts for a decent price however.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Joining the water pump/thermostat housing club at 40k miles. Yippie! :(

Did fine that fcpeuro offers a kit that includes both and install parts for a decent price however.

do you have to remove the intake manifold to replace the thermostat housing? getting confused info online. thankss..