GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Wife’s Alltrack

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
So, the roof leaked. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...u-leaked-like-this.374812/page-2#post-7454814

Dealer said it came from the wiring grommet/conduits that go between the body of the car and the hatch lid.

After a whopping 16 days, and two attempts for them at putting it back together correctly, it is now back in our hands.

I also got the Euro R Variant rear side spoilers onto the car.
1EEA1C9B-9DD3-407E-A5EF-6A9EAA7712F0.jpeg

E63E4DA1-72C0-4075-9609-33FCDA697D58.jpeg

5C800EAA-D57B-491B-9ED5-5535F300072F.jpeg

bitflogger

Car(s)
Golf Alltrack
Where did you get the spoiler/diffuser kit for rear window? More important: What function? Do they keep dirt off the window? I drive off road often and it seems like the rear window of the VW has more dirt on it than our Outback.

Our Alltrack was manufactured a month later and bought a month later. It had 14 mi on the odometer when we did a test ride. So far changes are functional - hitch for bike rack, tint and the MuddyBuddy liner for rear seat backs.

I'm possibly interested in your Helix audio upgrade. Power seems fine. At times I'd like more exhaust note instead of looking at the tachometer.

Your wheel change is interesting because I have the 18" VW wheels that are great on pavement but I drove off road a lot.

Thank you.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Where did you get the spoiler/diffuser kit for rear window? More important: What function? Do they keep dirt off the window? I drive off road often and it seems like the rear window of the VW has more dirt on it than our Outback.

Our Alltrack was manufactured a month later and bought a month later. It had 14 mi on the odometer when we did a test ride. So far changes are functional - hitch for bike rack, tint and the MuddyBuddy liner for rear seat backs.

I'm possibly interested in your Helix audio upgrade. Power seems fine. At times I'd like more exhaust note instead of looking at the tachometer.

Your wheel change is interesting because I have the 18" VW wheels that are great on pavement but I drove off road a lot.

Thank you.

I got them from e-acca.com. Took a while because of coronavirus. They are just for looks, maybe abit of aerodynamics. They come standard on the Gaol R Variant (wagon) in Europe. There are knock offs on eBay and AliExpress and such, but I went for genuine.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Working on a GTI steering wheel swap. Have a used wheel from a totaled car on the way and have a source for an air bag.

Had the car corrected and coated with Ceramic Pro.

Installed a rear bumper guard but we’ll see if it actually sticks on and if I didn’t ruin the paint/coating if it comes off.

EBA367C5-C8B3-482D-B404-4933CAF167A0.jpeg
D78448B6-6ED2-4187-9580-4EA60A772A43.jpeg
0865B1CE-1FA8-46DB-9255-81EF0F614D69.jpeg
354083C2-0EFF-4338-BC42-3ECB12E56AE6.jpeg

Attachments

• 418582B6-00D9-4D6C-8741-5C21AD6F3F4A.jpeg
    418582B6-00D9-4D6C-8741-5C21AD6F3F4A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
your S model’s roof leaked?! That is just unbelievable. I’ve heard of it before, I knew it was a thing. But ya hate to see it.

I also bought a GFG Alltrack in April, and it has the pano. I really, really hope it doesn’t Leak. 7K miles in 7 months, we’ll see if I get lucky...

ecsmtb711

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Car looks great! Which bumper guard is that? I never put one on our '17 SEL and really regretting it. Also, R sway bar straight up swap?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Yeah, any sway that supports 4Motion for MQB platform will work AFAIK. Straight swap. My neighbor is so skinny he didn’t even have to jack up the car!

That R bar was an awesome find at $25 on Craigslist. I got a Maxton rear spoiler for $60 today off CL too!

The bumper guard is from eBay. It feels meh quality in your hands but we will see how it goes. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133504575739

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Dropped the lltrack off at the dealer yesterday around 3pm for a rear passenger seat rattle:

and a steering wheel creak:

They said they’d be in touch today but never contacted me. About what I expected, the service advisor was kind of dismissive about the seat rattle telling me immediately that it’s simply not latched, as though I wouldn’t think to check that...

We do love the car but the interior quality issues and dealership inability to reassemble the wagons correctly is getting tiresome.

Took it to the dealer I bought it at this time instead of the one I usually warranty service with because it took two months to get the interior work from the roof leak worked out properly and to this day I still find things that are not put back together right.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I was 100% about to post the link about swapping the airbag covers from Golf > GTI/R steering wheel... then I saw you posted that thread, haha. I'm pretty sure there are light water marks at the back of my Golf S headliner, right near these grommets. They don't look like they seal well. When I'm drying the door jambs after a car wash there is always a ton of water sitting up there and I don't like the look of it one bit. Ugghhh, GFG, do want!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I had a nearly identical rear seat area noise that was caused by a bad shock. If it gets worse on bad roads or gets louder when you fold the rear seat down I'd bet that's what it is.

Steering wheel creak is puzzling. Does it happened with the wheel in any position or specifically that spot?

The steering wheel was the clock spring. Apparently this is common, especially on Tiguans right now, and the dealer told me they fully expect to see a recall on them. How they can recall the clock springs but not these fucking thermostat housings that EVERYONE has fail is beyond me, but I digress.

The seat area noise was supposedly one of the fold-down heavy duty bag hooks in the rear and the metal it attaches to being stripped out and rattling around, probably from the bullshit I went through with the roof. They retapped the threads and got it sorted, no rattle. They also put tesa tape around the D-ring part of the latch that is stationary on the car. My bet is they were testing to see if that would silence the rattle and then were going to send me on my way, but I guess it didn’t silence the rattle. It just didn’t make a lot of sense to me why it wouldn’t do it when the seat was down given the seat doesn’t directly touch anywhere close to that fold-down hook. Or they just lied and it was something else and they didn’t tell me what, but I’d like to think thats not the case, but I’ve caught multiple dealers BS’n around here, including this one, so who knows.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Received the steering wheel wrap for the GTI/R style wheel conversion I’m working on for this car and did that today. Took about 3.5 hours but is pretty darn perfect. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

I’ve seen people say “you need to take 10 hours and work across days and your fingers are going to hurt”. Nah.

I’m still waiting for the airbag cover and then I’m good to swap the airbag over and use the wheel.

51A8465E-7A86-4F4C-8424-E3F8C220A2A4.jpeg
F9BF7CA5-56BF-484C-BAE9-A603485FFA54.jpeg
5E795AC0-5A53-4F7E-9C1F-4FC1B7663C5E.jpeg
590FF41C-5364-486F-A8EF-A99703B7F0DE.jpeg
6CFDEE9C-7C85-4FBB-BEB6-AE237B933114.jpeg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
your S model’s roof leaked?! That is just unbelievable. I’ve heard of it before, I knew it was a thing. But ya hate to see it.

I also bought a GFG Alltrack in April, and it has the pano. I really, really hope it doesn’t Leak. 7K miles in 7 months, we’ll see if I get lucky...

Ah... October 16th. 1 month and 2 days ago. The day after I posted this, I did a visual inspection of my headliner to make sure there wasn’t anything I hadnt noticed and sure enough... the minor staining was present around the pivot point for the sun visor where the a-pillar meets the roof.

Oh well, I knew fully well what I was getting myself into when I bought this car.

Has your wife’s car been fine since the repair?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Received the steering wheel wrap for the GTI/R style wheel conversion I’m working on for this car and did that today. Took about 3.5 hours but is pretty darn perfect. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

I’ve seen people say “you need to take 10 hours and work across days and your fingers are going to hurt”. Nah.

I’m still waiting for the airbag cover and then I’m good to swap the airbag over and use the wheel.

View attachment 193208View attachment 193209View attachment 193210View attachment 193211View attachment 193212

NICE. This is definitely a big want on my list. I want to go R wheel for the white stitching, as I’m doing an R-Track build😁

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Ah... October 16th. 1 month and 2 days ago. The day after I posted this, I did a visual inspection of my headliner to make sure there wasn’t anything I hadnt noticed and sure enough... the minor staining was present around the pivot point for the sun visor where the a-pillar meets the roof.

Oh well, I knew fully well what I was getting myself into when I bought this car.

Has your wife’s car been fine since the repair?
Bummer!

Yeah, it has, but we haven’t had rain really and I’ve also had it mostly garaged since we ceramic coated it.

I actually haven’t washed it with water since then. I’ve just used 3DProducts waterless wash, which works fantastic BTW, like everything else 3D makes.