GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Nice. Mentioned in the other thread, I'm right in Oakland Beach myself. Seen me driving around? Far as I'm aware, I'm the only Nardo Grey GTI in the area.

View attachment 225833

If you save your stock downpipe, I can help you swap it anytime you need. My garage is always open to help a GTI, and on an MK7 without the PP, I've gotten it down to about 30 - 40 minutes to swap the downpipe lol.
Hell yeah! That thing is gorgeous tbh. I have been planning to get it nardo lol. I'm between nardo Grey and bright turquoise. And I may have to take you up on that. I also have to I stall a dog one mount and insert. I just never have the time or money to rent a lift at gearhead lol. And yeah I've seen you driving around. Your car is what made me want to go nardo Grey lmfao

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hell yeah! That thing is gorgeous tbh. I have been planning to get it nardo lol. I'm between nardo Grey and bright turquoise. And I may have to take you up on that. I also have to I stall a dog one mount and insert. I just never have the time or money to rent a lift at gearhead lol. And yeah I've seen you driving around. Your car is what made me want to go nardo Grey lmfao

Any time. Right by Gearheads and have most of the common tools needed for GTI work. And if I don't have something needed, always looking for an excuse to buy new tools lol.

https://thewrapguy.com/ - Guy named Nate who works out of Wrentham. Only paid $1,400 for the wrap. He's a professional vinyl installer, and does color change wraps in the evening. So he quotes 5 - 7 days to get it done, but costs half as much as anywhere else.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Any time. Right by Gearheads and have most of the common tools needed for GTI work. And if I don't have something needed, always looking for an excuse to buy new tools lol.

https://thewrapguy.com/ - Guy named Nate who works out of Wrentham. Only paid $1,400 for the wrap. He's a professional vinyl installer, and does color change wraps in the evening. So he quotes 5 - 7 days to get it done, but costs half as much as anywhere else.
Hell yeah I've been looking for a wrap guy. And oo sweet. Yeah we definitely need to meet up sometime before the move so I can I stall the dogbone mou t and the O2 spacer lmfao

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hell yeah I've been looking for a wrap guy. And oo sweet. Yeah we definitely need to meet up sometime before the move so I can I stall the dogbone mou t and the O2 spacer lmfao

Anytime man. Just send me a message and I'm sure we can work something out. What mount\insert you get?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Anytime man. Just send me a message and I'm sure we can work something out. What mount\insert you get?
I got an ecs mount and insert. Read good things about it. I just dont have the torque wrench or a loft lmfao. Hey I'm free after 430 today if you are 😂😂😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I would take up @Acadia18 offer of help. He knows what he's doing.

Thanks for the praise Jim, but I'm no expert. I'm just a heavy DIY enthusiast who's good at watching YouTube videos, and can gauge what's in my skill level lol.

VermontGeezer

Car(s)
2016 GTI S 2dr 6MT
Just a quick update on the new-to-me GTI. I finally got a ride down to MA nine days ago to pick up the car. It's been a blast ever since: perfect combination of fun and civility.

On day two I used an OBDeleven to turn off the Soundaktor. The noise wasn't as obnoxious as I had expected, but it was really unnecessary. I like the quieter cabin and being able to hear the real engine sounds.

Yesterday I finally did the first real fill-up, and the MPG came to 38. This is amazing considering that the trip included a half-dozen drives over the Green Mountains (and going pretty fast up those hills!). The car really has a kind of Jekyll-and-Hyde personality: it will be a sedate econobox if you don't put your foot down hard, but when you get to an twisty open road over the mountains, it becomes a beast.

I have no interest in performance upgrades, but I am seriously thinking about replacing the silly plastic oil pan with a steel one at the next oil change. I sometimes drive on gravel roads, and the thought of being stranded due to a flying road stone is a bit scary.

OldnSlow

Car(s)
2015 GTI S 2-Door
Hey folks - been watching these forums since 2017 but figured I'd join after almost 5 years of lurking. I'm from Marlborough, MA, recently moved to Cape Cod, using my 2015 GTI S as a daily and slowly undoing the crap the previous owner did to the car. If there's anyone from the area on this board, what's up :)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey folks - been watching these forums since 2017 but figured I'd join after almost 5 years of lurking. I'm from Marlborough, MA, recently moved to Cape Cod, using my 2015 GTI S as a daily and slowly undoing the crap the previous owner did to the car. If there's anyone from the area on this board, what's up :)
Not from New England but welcome aboard. 👍

OldnSlow

Car(s)
2015 GTI S 2-Door
Not from New England but welcome aboard. 👍
Thanks Jim! Phoenix is a cool city and there's a bar in Scottsdale that I remember liking (mostly for the bartender...) Appreciate the hospitality on this board

shovelhd

Autocross Champion

I'm from western MA but we will be retiring on the Cape in a few years. Welcome.