GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

Whispaz

Passed Driver's Ed
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160518/9e16b6993c35c75474efde9f7c6ccd40.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160518/c4c5323d571e09bed64ad72c1e19b224.jpg
Hi everyone. My name is Q. I'm from downtown Boston. Currently work in Medford, I sometimes a red GTI with a Thule box, a silver with tinted taillights and a black S two doors passed by my work place. I drive a 16 GTI SE DSG stock with O.Z. wheels. Recently installed LED taillights, now waiting for my AWE Track CBE to arrive. I would love to meet every local VW owners someday. I like going to car shows. I went to New England Dragway this passed Sunday but I didn't get to meet any MK7 owners. I'm free on most weekdays night. Let me know if you guys want to meet up:)

Side issue steering noise: waiting for CV Boot parts to arrive at Boston Volkswagen.

Hi there!
Red GTI is me. From Malden so I drive by and through Medford pretty often.

Come to the weekly meet tonight at the Qdoba in Woburn. I think it starts at 7pm but most people get there around/after 8pm. If you wanna meet up beforehand and drive up together let me know. I'm planning on leaving around 8pm

I've also been thinking of getting the AWE exhaust but wanted to hear it first. Just haven't been able to find anyone with it yet.

Whispaz

Passed Driver's Ed
Upcoming mods: TCU Tune, VWR Springs, some Vinyl wrapping, black badges, still looking for the right exhaust as well. I don't get to hear them in action, just youtube clips and that isn't enough for me.

Exact same boat.

Weekly VW/Audi meet tonight (Thursday) at the Qdoba in Woburn right off of Rt93- starts at 7pm
https://goo.gl/maps/efobhFVzuSM2

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a small meet at UNO pizza at South shore plaza on Wednesday nights now that it is nice again.

I ordered my badges, euro switch, and badgeskins last night.

Looks like I'm waiting until wateefest for my tcu tune and flash to 93 vs the 91 octane I'm running now.

Might do springs and folding mirrors between now and then unless someone is up for some vinyl wrapping!!! Hint hint. Haha

Whispaz

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a small meet at UNO pizza at South shore plaza on Wednesday nights now that it is nice again.

I ordered my badges, euro switch, and badgeskins last night.

Looks like I'm waiting until wateefest for my tcu tune and flash to 93 vs the 91 octane I'm running now.

Might do springs and folding mirrors between now and then unless someone is up for some vinyl wrapping!!! Hint hint. Haha

I'm down.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Vynil wrapping? I'm up for it :). What is the cost of it?

Whispaz

Passed Driver's Ed
Vynil wrapping? I'm up for it :). What is the cost of it?

Without a sunroof you'd need a 5'x7' sheet. 3M vinyl sheet on Amazon cost me $80.
With a sunroof you'd only need about half that size.

I have enough leftover of the knifeless finish line so no need to buy more. Just the vinyl.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
Without a sunroof you'd need a 5'x7' sheet. 3M vinyl sheet on Amazon cost me $80.
With a sunroof you'd only need about half that size.

I have enough leftover of the knifeless finish line so no need to buy more. Just the vinyl.

Sounds great!

Youve already done yours? Any pictures?

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the sun roof so I was looking to finish off the top. If someone else has a sunroof as well and wants to go in for the other half of the vinyl sheet i'm down. If not, I'll just look for a smaller sheet. I know you attempted your mirrors so I'd be down to try if I have any left over material. Makes me wish I would have done it before I left PHX, a shop down there was going to do my roof, mirrors, and partial hood for 400.

Whispaz

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the sun roof so I was looking to finish off the top. If someone else has a sunroof as well and wants to go in for the other half of the vinyl sheet i'm down. If not, I'll just look for a smaller sheet. I know you attempted your mirrors so I'd be down to try if I have any left over material. Makes me wish I would have done it before I left PHX, a shop down there was going to do my roof, mirrors, and partial hood for 400.

I still have enough left over to try at least 5 more times. I tried doing the mirrors on my own with the caps off the car so it was much more difficult. If I had someone to hold while I stretched it may not have come out too bad. I might give it another go this weekend

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
I still have enough left over to try at least 5 more times. I tried doing the mirrors on my own with the caps off the car so it was much more difficult. If I had someone to hold while I stretched it may not have come out too bad. I might give it another go this weekend

What's your schedule like? What town are you in? I think we were driving to Maine tomorrow just to knock a state off the bucket list. I don't see it as an all day adventure though. Let me know I don't mind being an extra pair of hands. If Sunday is better I get out at 5.

Last edited:

Snoball

Passed Driver's Ed
Side note, it's never too early to plan for Waterfest in July!! Is anyone planning on going? If so, do you already have a hotel? My wife just booked ours in Edison. We are heading down Friday after work and will be there Sat/Sun. I plan on getting my DSG tune while I'm down there and hopefully hear some AWE exhausts in person. Would be greatly to ride down with some other people too!

Vulpe86

Jake in Manchester, NH Here! Been a proud driver of a 2016 Golf GTI SE (standard)for about 5 days now and am having the most fun driving everywhere. No mods as of yet but I'm definitely interest in minor mods like the JB1 (just a little extra) cold air intake and blow off valve (purely engine sound reasons) will explore more as warranty wear out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk