GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

Tronix13

Ready to race!
Thanks Tronix! Where from Cali? I'm from socal. Ya I had a really good experience with Minuteman, decent price too. I was considering between the R and STI, the Subaru dealer didn't even want to let me test drive(their loss).

I’m from San Ramon. I also had a good experience there and got a pretty good deal on my GTI back in 2017. Can’t believe they wouldn’t even let you test drive the STI. Hope you’re enjoying the R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Thought I’d ask here since these things are heavy. I got a brand new set of quick jack 7000SLX that I don’t need asking way under retail price let me know if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue4delta

What's up everyone! Joe from Portsmouth, NH. I've been driving a 2015 GTI S since last fall, and just picked up a 2017 SE with an APR stage 2.5...soooo good. Is it wrong to want to keep them both? hahahaha

EaEThatsMe

Hey everyone, just picked up a '16 Golf 1.8T SE, all the bells and whistles in advanced safety features, Fender audio, etc. Already ordered the H&R springs to lower her about 1.3 inches, plan from here is an APR Tune from Eastside Motoring, exhaust and probably going to wrap some accent features such as side mirrors and roof behind the sunroof. Live in Boston and work in Framingham so hopefully I see some of you guys around!

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Back in New England after living in San Diego the past 15 years. When I left I had a Mk1, now I'm driving the Mk7. You'll be seeing me at the local tracks. Limerock, Palmer, & Thompson.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
Hey everyone been lurking on here for a while now but I figured I would introduce myself. Names Josh I'm out of RI and I have a 18' GTI Autobahn. APR Intake, APR Turbo Inlet and a COBB cat back at the moment.... I'll be getting some more goodies once the warranty is gone... Nice to see so many people out here from New England! Sorry for the bum picture I need to take some good ones of it! I also have VCDS, cable is a Hex + Can so I can do most things on newer vehicles although some modules on some cars are not accessible. I plan on upgrading soon to the Hex Net one they offer. If anyone needs anything VCDS related feel free to PM me and I can try and help out!

IMG_20190822_095609.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hey everyone been lurking on here for a while now but I figured I would introduce myself. Names Josh I'm out of RI and I have a 18' GTI Autobahn. APR Intake, APR Turbo Inlet and a COBB cat back at the moment.... I'll be getting some more goodies once the warranty is gone... Nice to see so many people out here from New England! Sorry for the bum picture I need to take some good ones of it! I also have VCDS, cable is a Hex + Can so I can do most things on newer vehicles although some modules on some cars are not accessible. I plan on upgrading soon to the Hex Net one they offer. If anyone needs anything VCDS related feel free to PM me and I can try and help out!

View attachment 166248

Welcome! What area of RI?

Where'd you get your windows tinted? Looks like they did the little front triangle windows. Most places I've spoken to around here won't do them.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
I'm out of East Providence. Tbh the tint came out like shit on quite a few spots. Shockingly the hardest part of tinting came out well which is those front triangle windows. I will be having it re done as I have my inspection coming up soon and I can't stand looking at the bubbles and shit stuck under the tint. I normally would have recommended this guy over everyone else but after this car (he's done other cars of mine) I can no longer recommend him. I also went back to him to have a window redone that looked terrible and even the redone one has a ton of spots underneath it. Needless to say I'm not happy with the work this guy provided. And I hate like hell to talk shit about someone on here so he shall remain nameless.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I lived in East Providence for over a decade, but moved out of the area 18 months ago or so. Good thing about East Providence, you have a spot right over the line in Seekonk for E85 if you go down the tuning route.

I hear you about the tint. I had mine done a few months ago, and the rear windshield came out pretty bad. The place wouldn't do the small windows, and just put vinyl on the outside. Never notice it, and it looks fine, but still would prefer them done. Due to the bad rear window job, I want to get it redone, and go darker at the same time.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
Welcome! What area of RI?

Where'd you get your windows tinted? Looks like they did the little front triangle windows. Most places I've spoken to around here won't do them.
I lived in East Providence for over a decade, but moved out of the area 18 months ago or so. Good thing about East Providence, you have a spot right over the line in Seekonk for E85 if you go down the tuning route.

I hear you about the tint. I had mine done a few months ago, and the rear windshield came out pretty bad. The place wouldn't do the small windows, and just put vinyl on the outside. Never notice it, and it looks fine, but still would prefer them done. Due to the bad rear window job, I want to get it redone, and go darker at the same time.

E85 haven't heard of them.. Seekonk where abouts? I have 15% on mine. It's garaged alot so I can get away with it most of the time.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
E85 haven't heard of them.. Seekonk where abouts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E85
Ethanol fuel. When the warranty is up and you start going down the rabbit hole, you can put a gallon or two in with a fillup to increase the octane rating and allow for increased performance. It's available at one of the gas stations right off Exit 1 off 195 when you cross over into Seekonk.

Stick around, read a bunch, and you'll hear all about it :)

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
Derp moment dude... Good lord! Lol I was like E85 what place is that. Didn't even strike me as the gasoline! I'll have to check it out.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Derp moment dude... Good lord! Lol I was like E85 what place is that. Didn't even strike me as the gasoline! I'll have to check it out.

Realize it won't do any good without a tune to support it (like throwing 93 in a car that takes 87). Run your 91/93 and save your money for now!

BlackDog68

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI autobahn dsg
Hey , noob,

just started modding, Metro Boston, hoping to mke it to the meets in Woburn. Does anyone have experience passing inspection in MA with APR stage 2?