GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Hi Everyone! First of all, great thread. It looks like NE is well represented by some gorgeous cars and great owners.

I'm Torey and I live in Boston, MA. I've been a long time VW enthusiast and have owned several VWs over the years. Five years ago, I was forced to sell my baby (a 2000 GTI that I drove and loved till 250k miles) for something more "practical." After what feels like forever, I am happy to report that I'm back in a 6MT 2016 GTI S. Super excited to be behind the wheel of a VW again and part of the Golf community! The car is usually garaged during the week as I work in the city, but you can catch me driving to and from the mountains hiking on the weekends, or visiting family on the South Shore.

I hope I bump into some of you on the road. If I do, give me a wave or a nod and try not to burn me too bad ; ) Interested in meet ups or get-togethers down the road. Let's all keep in touch!

Last edited:

FairladyM

Hi, everyone! I'm Mel from Central MA. I've had my 2015 Carbon Steel GTI for three years and am madly in love with her. I haven't really done much modding to it aside from the air intake and some aftermarket headlights, as the vehicle is a lease which is up soon; once the purchase is final and she's really mine (or really the bank's, I suppose), I have some other mods in mind.

Looking forward to warmer weather, car shows, and cruises this year! If anyone goes to or knows of some fun meet-ups in the area, give me a shout.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Hi, everyone! I'm Mel from Central MA. I've had my 2015 Carbon Steel GTI for three years and am madly in love with her. I haven't really done much modding to it aside from the air intake and some aftermarket headlights, as the vehicle is a lease which is up soon; once the purchase is final and she's really mine (or really the bank's, I suppose), I have some other mods in mind.

Looking forward to warmer weather, car shows, and cruises this year! If anyone goes to or knows of some fun meet-ups in the area, give me a shout.
Welcome. Central MA? Come to Devens airfield on Saturday and check out the autocross event. I'll be there and there's usually a few other GTIs.

Tronix13

Ready to race!
Welcome. Central MA? Come to Devens airfield on Saturday and check out the autocross event. I'll be there and there's usually a few other GTIs.

I’m also in central MA about 15 minutes away from Devens airfield. I might have to stop by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
You've got to be registered to drive but just sign the waiver and you can ride with me (or others) for free!

Tronix13

Ready to race!
I don’t think I’ll register since I’ve never done an autocross event before. Do people go to spectate at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, my wife has gone a couple of times. She's not registered with the organization but she'll go for rides.

FairladyM

A friend of my husband's used to autocross there; we went to watch him drive a couple of summers ago and I rode shotgun in a Miata and a BRZ. It was a good time.

My next few weekends are booked, but maybe we'll come by in June to check it out. Thanks for the invite, though--have fun!

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Anyone know a trustworthy place in the Boston area for clay bar/wax a couple of times a year?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RubiksQu

Ready to race!

If anyone is interested in car meet. There’s a weekly VW/Audi meet at Woburn Mall every Thursday night at 7. Usually there’s a decent amount of MK7 GTI and R show up at the meet. I live in Boston and I’ve been going there for the past two years, it’s a great place to hang and talk about mods.

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
If anyone is interested in car meet. There’s a weekly VW/Audi meet at Woburn Mall every Thursday night at 7. Usually there’s a decent amount of MK7 GTI and R show up at the meet. I live in Boston and I’ve been going there for the past two years, it’s a great place to hang and talk about mods.

I'd love to check it out! I'm out of town next week but will plan on showing up the week after. I'll DM you beforehand to make sure it's still on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk