GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Ultimate Ignition Coil Upgrade is Here! (APR Red Ignition Coils!)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
ie....why does your website state they are for the EA211 engine (besides 1.8lt & 2lt EA888 MQB) when all other sources I see for OEM coils list different items for the EA211 engine compared to the 1.8lt & 2lt EA888 MK7 Golf engines??

OEM has different part numbers per platform. Ours is an upgrade, so it fits multiple vehicles / engines.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
OEM has different part numbers per platform. Ours is an upgrade, so it fits multiple vehicles / engines.

Have you have tested it on a EA211, 1.4lt engine?

Numerous makes including aftermarket lists one for 1.8lt/2lt & a different one for all EA211, 1lt to 1.4lt capacities
.e.g. Beru list their type "068" for MQB 1.8lt & 2lt.....& their type "067" for all MQB EA211 engines (eg lt, 1.2lt, 1.4lt)...

That's not a platform split, but an engine type/size split..

VAG list way more OEM part numbers for both, but basically it boils down to the two above as some brands don't make one but make the other & some make both...

The reason for the continual questioning & doubting, is I have had to return expensive parts (from top brands/makers) so called "for my car" because the brand/maker has wrongly assumed it would fit my car because its MQB..& they only tested it one other top end MQB like a GTI or R...& not on 1.4lt GSW...!!!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
@golfdave, I just checked. They do not fit. Both the spark plug, and the ignition coil, have different lengths.

Many thanks...for confirming what I thought.. & saving myself & others wasted time & money with returns etc.

Please tell your R&D/publicity depts to at least do simple checking before printing stuff on your websites, (which your dealers copy verbatim)....saves egg on face....they are paid ..I am not...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
GolfDave - So, I need to backpedal a little. It appears SOME of the 1.4's are compatible, but not all.

Here's a CZDA EA211 1.4 TSI (High output) Tiguan.

That contradicts what you state as my engine CHPA is the same base engine as CDZA..& has the same ignition coils & spark plugs..

This ETKA page shows that all 1.2-1.6lt use the same coils..some badged Beru & some Eldor...mine use Eldor...

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf+variant+4motion/golf/2016-746/9/905-905010/

Exceptions are CJSB, CJXB, CJXC

So will they or won't they fit my car then?....

Or is it the fact that you have done NO actual research on the 1.4lts & are waiting for paying customers to be guinea pigs??

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
@golfdave, I just checked. They do not fit. Both the spark plug, and the ignition coil, have different lengths.

So now you delete your post from earlier today which stated that they do fit certain 1.4lt engines..& using including a picture from APR Indonesia of a VW Tiguan with a CDZA 1.4lt as proof....the CDZA engine is the same coils/spark plugs, head (same engine basically) as my CHPA which you said they wouldn't fit....

One of your previous posts stated that the spark plugs & ignition coils were different lengths between the smaller (1.2lt/1.4lt ) the bigger (1.8lt/2lt) engines, thus why yours would not fit my 1.4lt CHPA engine.

Therefore APR Indonesia have either botched the job by not double checking & just believed your website (which states they do fit), or they have swapped the "pencil" part of the ignition coil over from the OEM ones to make it work, or they have used a spacer.....like people did on the RS3 coils mod for the VW 1.4lt twincharger engine..

Please Arin lets have some actual hard facts for clarity...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Hi Dave,

I was excited to share more information, but I decided I it would be best to investigate further. I apologize for sharing information, and then removing it shortly after posting.

This seems to be a point of contention. I originally added them to the application guide when cross referencing parts. Your original question gave me pause. I checked and they did not fit a US spec 1.4, so I removed all information. Perhaps the original information I had was correct? There's more than one version of the 1.4 - in fact, there are many engine codes. I'm working on getting that information now. But please note, this importer (APR Indonesia) is not APR. They are an independent shop, so getting information may be slow.

It's worth mentioning creating application guides, especially international, can be quite challenging at times. Sometimes educated guesses must be made, and sometimes information is wrong. We're always happy to refund customers when an error is made. In your case, that hasn't needed to happen, correct, as you haven't purchased these? If you have, let me know, and I'll help get a refund.

-Arin

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi Dave,

I was excited to share more information, but I decided I it would be best to investigate further. I apologize for sharing information, and then removing it shortly after posting.

This seems to be a point of contention. I originally added them to the application guide when cross referencing parts. Your original question gave me pause. I checked and they did not fit a US spec 1.4, so I removed all information. Perhaps the original information I had was correct? There's more than one version of the 1.4 - in fact, there are many engine codes. I'm working on getting that information now. But please note, this importer (APR Indonesia) is not APR. They are an independent shop, so getting information may be slow.

It's worth mentioning creating application guides, especially international, can be quite challenging at times. Sometimes educated guesses must be made, and sometimes information is wrong. We're always happy to refund customers when an error is made. In your case, that hasn't needed to happen, correct, as you haven't purchased these? If you have, let me know, and I'll help get a refund.

-Arin

I havn't purchased them as I was doubtful of 100% fit...I've previously had to return 3 different items from three different & well known tuning brands as their so called MK7 Golf products did not fit mine, & I'm fed up with being a guinea pig because the company can't be bothered to do R&D & effectively uses the paying customer as R&D.

Like I said before there mainly two core types (shapes) of ignition coils, one for the 1.8/2lt & one for everything under that capacity. There will be internal electrical difference (maybe), but usually its the length of the pencil lead & the connection end to the spark plug that are the different bits.

You have dealers/importers (also UK headoffice) in several European countries, not hard to buy a few ignition coils from scrap cars, as the EA211 has been around since late 2013 when the MK7 Golf was first on sale here..& actually check physical dimensions & internals etc...

As for the different engine codes...that's not largely relevant in this case (coils & spark plugs) as that page I linked to proves....you don't know much about the 1.4lt engines...& yet you offer remaps for the EA211 engine..so obviously..or should I say "hopefully", at some point your company has seen theses engines?...

Lastly but not least, shouldn't it be number one on the list that you actually make 100% certain that a product fits a certain car before plastering across your websites that it does..& then when questioned having to say no it doesn't as "the lead length & spark plug are different", then say they do fit (because some one appears to have fitted them), & then retract that post also?....looks very bad & no THOROUGH R&D....