GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Probe Team Again...

sick_visions

Ready to race!
I went back to the town where I raced the chick in the probe last week. (http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147627) and I raced a few more cars last night.

First off, two days ago I took off my stock muffler and went to the muffler shop and had them cut off my 2.5 piping and replace it with 3 inch. So now I'm running straight 3 inch from the turbo. It is loud of course, and annoying, and gives me a headache, but man does the DSG cause an explosion when you shift! lol! I noticed that acceleration bumped up.

But anyways,

First race was a MKIV GTI with REVO 1, cat back, hks dv, and an intake. He didn't know what I had. He asked, but I just told him I cut off my muffler haha. We went from a 40, three honks, and he was about 6 cars behind when I let off. He went home. I feel bad for him, but he was a good kid. You can always tell a GTI driver :p

So next race was an EG with a B20 VTEC with bolt ons and a hondata s200 computer. It was a quick honda, but not quick enough. We went from a dig on this one. I was a nose ahead (while not catching traction) first and second gear. When third gear kicked in I pulled right past him.

I guess I am supposed to race an SRT-4 next weekend. I havent raced one yet, hopefully our cars do well against them. Anyone have experience with races against them?

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Cool

h0ckeyfreek20

Go Kart Champion
So now I'm running straight 3 inch from the turbo.

How much low end did you lose vs top end gained?

I guess I am supposed to race an SRT-4 next weekend. I havent raced one yet, hopefully our cars do well against them. Anyone have experience with races against them?

I raced a few and won but they weren't running right. SRT4's have BEASTLY potential but most are owned by kids that don't know anything/dont give a fuk

Boosted_R56

Ready to race!
i call bullshit on a straight pipe 3 inch making any power on a k03.. you are losing more than you are gaining. We are tuned and meant to have back pressure, especially for that small turbo.

sick_visions

Ready to race!
i call bullshit on a straight pipe 3 inch making any power on a k03.. you are losing more than you are gaining. We are tuned and meant to have back pressure, especially for that small turbo.

lol ok? so call bullshit. all i know is now that i did the 3 inch, i pull away rather than stay with the turbo probe. car feels great this way. :fighting0030:

and why the hell would you want back pressure on a turbo? lol

easier to breath in + easier to breath out = more power and acceleration

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger

there are MANY people running straight pipe or damn near straight pipe. Our low end torque sufferes a bit for it but it helps keep the KO3 from dieing off completely on the high end.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I call bull shit on street racing a DSG car, I can teach my dog to hold wide open throttle and endanger the lives of others.

I really wish this section of the forum didn't exist. It gives people who actaully enjoy motorsport a bad name.

lol at the 3" exhaust is bad for KO3 people that have no idea what there talking about...

you guys do realize everything after the turbo is a restriction right...an exhaust matching the housing(outlet) nets the best gains/results..ie 3"...

just like on N/A cars... everything after the collector is a restriction...

Last edited:

TSiUG

sleeper...
Im going to be installing a 42dd 3" cat-back in the next few weeks and am I thinking of possibly dynoing it for purely scientific reasons to see what gains(even if minimal) that I get on a k04 setup.