GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The perfect GTD rear diffuser ?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
After expressing my thoughts a number of times over the "standard" rear diffuser that VW use on the GTD, I have been constantly in search of a better unit.

Well today I thought my search had ended, when I found this. A perfect GTI honeycombed replica rear diffuser but with the GTD style exhaust outlets.

http://store.concept1.ca/Golf-7-Rear-Diffuser-GTI-style-EMO-7011/

Trouble is it's a Canadian website and they don't export. Anyone else seen these for sale in Europe anywhere ?

simonj67

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks perfect and price is very good, obviously import fees would be added if they could be persuaded to ship to the UK

golfhappy

Ready to race!
That diffuser is "The Holy Grail" perfect. I wouldn't have changed my exhaust and diffuser to GTI style if i'd had one of those....It's too late.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
We need this in our lives !!!

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
We need this in our lives !!!

I'm trying to get them to provide their supplier details for the diffuser seeing as they won't ship outside US/Can, although they seem to be very blunt with their responses, maybe if there's a few people who want one from over here we could get an order placed and that might reduce the cost for shipping? Just a thought...

ROBK75

Ready to race!
Have you seen the Reiger one? I've got this on mine. I do like that one though, I probably would have gone for that if it was available in the UK.

Attachments

• WP_20160315_11_45_42_Pro Small.jpg
    WP_20160315_11_45_42_Pro Small.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 5,091

MrPotatoHead1

Passed Driver's Ed
Huh! they can send a rocket to the moon, space shuttle into errr into space! and cant send a GTD rear diffuser to the UK? seams a bit fishy to me!

Here's the official response:
There are a few reasons that isn't available. The main one is that item ships from one of our alternate warehouses, which only processes shipping within the continental US. The other reason is that with it being such a large item, the shipping costs would be astronomical, possibly even costing more than the item itself.

golfhappy

Ready to race!
Here's the official response:
There are a few reasons that isn't available. The main one is that item ships from one of our alternate warehouses, which only processes shipping within the continental US. The other reason is that with it being such a large item, the shipping costs would be astronomical, possibly even costing more than the item itself.

See i was right "astronomical" has to do with the moon!

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Come on guys, we're not giving up are we :D

Unless these units are actually made in the USA (chances are the far east), then surely someone else must sell them ?