GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

kyle_h

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder if the 06K907811 VW/Audi ethanol sensor works with that setup :unsure:

kyle_h

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a different name for the same Continental sensor right?
I'm not sure if the internals are the same, the one I've been seeing people use has no mounting holes. If the internal sensor itself is the same, it should work. I'm just not sure if the output signal is the same. My guess is that it is.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I'm sure there's others, but here are the big 3 I've dealt with:

13577429: small, compact, short fittings, no mounting holes
13577394: full size, long fittings, mounting holes
13577379: full size, short fittings, mounting holes

tommygun1

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone had any experience with the HPA hpfp not operating correctly? I am currently in the process of tuning my is38 gti on e50 and my rail pressure takes a huge dip around 3500-4000 rpm. Previously the lpfp was maxed out so I upgraded to a pr450 and now even at 100% effective volume the Hpfp can not keep up in the mid range. Any input would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    49 KB · Views: 109

tommygun1

Passed Driver's Ed
They're shit pumps IMO. Not sure why anyone buys them.

I had 135k on my stock hpfp and I just wanted a whole new unit, plus its an easier swap than autotech. HPA also has a decent reputation and I couldn't find many examples of failure besides at mymk7golf.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I haven't kept count, but I've seen way more than 2 fails on facebook with HPA. Considering they are "pre assembled" and market share as already pointed out...very poor IMO. Autotech has been doing hpfp stuff for a while on a variety of platforms and is definitely proven. Although they did apparently have a single bad batch not too long ago...shit happens I guess. Anyways, sorry to hear

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I wanted to go with the HPA hpfp because it would be easier than getting Autotech and gti hpfp and doing the work (Or paying someone to do the work)

But tuner said not and just get Autotech. Now I never asked why, but maybe he knows something

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I've seen at least 2, 2 more that are suspect other than yours and mygolfmk7. Compared to Autotech who has by far the most market share that is an abysmal failure rate.
I had just figured they were like the “nostrum” pump I have and was the autotech internals just assembled by them. If I didn’t get it for a good deal on the marketplace here I would have just did the autotech diy route but now when I install the mpi I can easily switch back my stock pump and sell this off.