Autocross Champion
Fresh pickup

Attachments

• 03ACFA65-72C9-40F2-A4A2-642CFCBB736E.jpeg
    03ACFA65-72C9-40F2-A4A2-642CFCBB736E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 164

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Question for you all. Maybe should start a separate thread, but figured I'd start here.

I was a little distracted with let's just say a stunning view while filling up today and forgot to stop at 2.5 gallons of e85. Accidentally put in 5 gallons. According to my calculations, that's about 52% ethanol content.

I am 1.8, stock pumps with APR IS38 tune. Anything I should worry about, or just don't give it full throttle?

How can I measure using Torque if fueling is insufficient or running lean?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Question for you all. Maybe should start a separate thread, but figured I'd start here.

I was a little distracted with let's just say a stunning view while filling up today and forgot to stop at 2.5 gallons of e85. Accidentally put in 5 gallons. According to my calculations, that's about 52% ethanol content.

I am 1.8, stock pumps with APR IS38 tune. Anything I should worry about, or just don't give it full throttle?

Tank not 13 gallons? The car will throw a CEL if it cant keep trims and railpressure in check. But yeah dont get on it and the car will have best chance dealing with it in higher rpm and low load.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Tank not 13 gallons? The car will throw a CEL if it cant keep trims and railpressure in check. But yeah dont get on it and the car will have best chance dealing with it in higher rpm and low load.
Yeah, tank is 13 gallons, but I already had e85 in there from previous tank. It was 5gal e85, 7 gal 93 and I previously had about 30% in the tank

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Drive like normal human being for 100 miles. Top off with pump gas. Problem solved.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
But yeah dont get on it and the car will have best chance dealing with it in higher rpm and low load.
Drive like normal human being for 100 miles. Top off with pump gas. Problem solved.

Thanks. That's what I was going to do although that's very difficult, you know...letting people pass me.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

I have a spreadsheet that calculates it and it also takes into account about 10% ethanol in 93. Not sure if I'm calculating something wrong. I'll have to take a look. Apparently can't attach excel files

DO the italian tuneup and drive at 4k for 30 mins. Get you sucking that tank down REALLLYquick.

I think I do worse than that anyway. I always see the gti mpg threads and think there must be something wrong with my 1.8 that I only get about 21-24 mpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Can always count on a smile up in here. 😂

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
That’s good mileage, I was thinking road trips on corn weren’t doable. I just drove back from Florida and the rental averaged 16.7gals. Trucks are not made to cruise on the highway these days at the rate of traffic.

Last edited: