GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial E85 Ethanol Thread

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
damn, e85 is ~4.60 around me, compared to 93 @ ~6.00, i'm not so sure going full e would be worth it cut my mileage nearly in half lol

But you also get MORE POWERRRR!!!

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
damn, e85 is ~4.60 around me, compared to 93 @ ~6.00, i'm not so sure going full e would be worth it cut my mileage nearly in half lol
Get on that costco gas life. Should be around 90c-$1 cheaper per gallon

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
can attest…..full E mileage blows

But you also get MORE POWERRRR!!!
can attest….I can hit plaid

Get on that costco gas life. Should be around 90c-$1 cheaper per gallon
If only it wasn’t 30 min away from me, but good point…. It’s literally THE cheapest around

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
hmm we do have a costco account! and one nearby. not sure if they have e but will def check!

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
hmm we do have a costco account! and one nearby. not sure if they have e but will def check!
They do not have E lol, but they definitely have 93, and it should be pretty good too.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I pretty much have costco just for the gas alone, but we are like 2 blocks from it so super convenient to stop by. Long lines, but way cheaper, and 0% chance of getting talked to by tweakers like every other gas station in the world it seems.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Was just excited. Getting good at blindly mixing E40.

Screenshot_20220923-114921_WPS Office.jpg

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I bought 2 ea 30 gallon tanks of E98 to add to my E10 94Octane. I was getting 400 kms a tank on E25-E40. I was commuting 120 kms a day. I was hypermiling for nearly half of those tanks so that I could land at a 94 Octane station and be close enough to empty that my pre-measured gas cans of E98 would equal my desired ethanol content.

It seemed less prone to the consequences of heat soak.... but.... I was commuting and driving more like a vagina more often because I was trying to get more distance.

I liked it, but in hindsight- a waste of time and ultimately money for my situation. If I could get 100 octane E40 at a pump at the gas station, I'd do it without blinking- but mixing sort of sucked. It was something else to worry about.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Friggin 45 temps back to hard starts lol

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Old news but still good video, more so to see the difference in KR over the powerband between similar peak power fuels.