GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
As much as I dislike Beetles, that is one nice looking car

I agree. It caught my eye too. I took the photo through the Dealership window on a Sunday afternoon. It was the only car in the showroom, with everything else parked outside.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
In view of this very low mileage 2019 Beetle as seen on the floor of a local VW Dealer priced at $48,995, I thought prices were peaking, but I was wrong. After a short appearance, it's been sold.

View attachment 236877
Not that it warrants the price, but that was a Beetle "Final Edition" and a quick search for used ones showed them in the high $30k range (which is insane)

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
When is this madness going to end ? So I randomly came across the same car as mine, used. Same mileage and options...Listed for...32K, I paid under 23K for an new one with zero APR almost two years ago. This is really bad if you need a car right now. They want 41K for a MK8 GTI now....No S trims to be found, forget about a new GLI.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
Just about everything is crazy expensive now. It will not end until this period of high inflation does. That will probably require marked increase in interest rates and probably some period of time in a recession with high unemployment. Once that is over we may start to see some daylight! These things don't fix themselves overnight.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
When is this madness going to end ? So I randomly came across the same car as mine, used. Same mileage and options...Listed for...32K, I paid under 23K for an new one with zero APR almost two years ago. This is really bad if you need a car right now. They want 41K for a MK8 GTI now....No S trims to be found, forget about a new GLI.
At that point, I’d rather go visit family down south and snag a 200k mile toyota that is rust free for a few thousand and rock it out until the dust settles and used cars go back to way below new car prices!

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I suspect that today's inflated vehicle prices will be recognized in higher insurance rates.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
YMMV, but just got our latest 6 month renewal bill - premiums up only $4 for 2 cars.
Interesting. My b-i-l had his ford wrecked by someone. Insurance initially said it was totaled but after reviewing car market they decided to repair the Ford and give it a rebuilt title. I am assuming more rebuilt cars will show up for sale as before the rona they would just total it and write it off.

cb1111

He ended up with a branded title. I don’t believe he had a choice. And maybe it’s dependent by state?
They can't (and didn't) do that. What an insurance company CAN do is write off the car and then let the prior owner buy it back as scrap with a branded title. The prior (now new) owner will have to do the repairs themselves, get it inspected and maybe (or maybe not) find an insurance company to cover them.

But the insurance company can't say "we'll fix your car and leave you with a branded title"

By definition, a branded title means that the car has been written off.