GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

cb1111

I’ve been reading some dealers are not “participating” right now in these type of programs. Haven’t read the fine print, but seems like participation is optional for many of these employee/affiliation programs. Hope it works for vw.
Most dealers that participated in the past are participating now. A quick email to the partner program will point you in the direction of a dealer that helps. They reply quickly and, if you give them the VIN, they'll give you the invoice price.

MeatHammer

Car(s)
16 S3 & 17 Golf R
Thank you cb1111, spaceworm, Jimlloyd for the reality check. I’m gonna wait it out.

I feel the mk7 is the one to have. Feedback on the mk8 infotainment, AC, connectivity etc related to the all new digital layout has been more negative on EU forums. Not trying to knock it, but 2022 might be the year to skip the mk8 till they sort the glitches
All of the European cars experiencing those problems are 2020 and 2021 models. The 2022 when its gets here, while a first year car for US, they will still have had a while to sort problems out before the car comes stateside.

cb1111

All of the European cars experiencing those problems are 2020 and 2021 models. The 2022 when its gets here, while a first year car for US, they will still have had a while to sort problems out before the car comes stateside.
Yes and no. While "our" 2022 has been around in Europe, VW and BMW has learned the hard way that there are significant issues with bringing cars to the US and the differences is gasoline quality and emissions can cause problems, so the first year of any car in the US can have issues.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

A2R

Go Kart Newbie

Not to mention they made it go from Kourtney Kardashian to Khloe Kardashian…

Wait until they do plastic surgery and make it it look better, the only good thing about driving a MK8 is you don’t have to see how ugly it looks from the outside…

Not to mention all the gremlins an electrical issues, I am waiting for a volume knob…

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Not to mention they made it go from Kourtney Kardashian to Khloe Kardashian…

Wait until they do plastic surgery and make it it look better, the only good thing about driving a MK8 is you don’t have to see how ugly it looks from the outside…

Not to mention all the gremlins an electrical issues, I am waiting for a volume knob…
I went for the mk7.5 mainly because I can’t stand full touch controls. Not horrible with the multifunction steering wheel but still prefer knobs and buttons. Also hate the way it looks. Don’t mind the golf r and depending on prices may trade my 2021 in for one a year or so down the road. Only other replacement I am considering is the next RS3. That is contingent on getting a promotion I am expecting.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I went for the mk7.5 mainly because I can’t stand full touch controls. Not horrible with the multifunction steering wheel but still prefer knobs and buttons. Also hate the way it looks. Don’t mind the golf r and depending on prices may trade my 2021 in for one a year or so down the road. Only other replacement I am considering is the next RS3. That is contingent on getting a promotion I am expecting.
Congratulations.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
In view of this very low mileage 2019 Beetle as seen on the floor of a local VW Dealer priced at $48,995, I thought prices were peaking, but I was wrong. After a short appearance, it's been sold.

2022-01 2019 Beetle .jpg

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
Ahh man, that's crazy.

If you really want a laugh, dig deep into this thread to see what I bought my 2018 GSW 4motion 6mt for... pre-pandemic... peoples warranty 6/72... peak dieselgate fallout. Crazy. I could sell it for more used with 43k miles on it than I bought it for new... wild.