GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
Will do!. Probably that money is gone. I think it was a dealer demo or service loaner, but not sure.

Would any of the Forum members by any chance know a dealer that can ship a new GTI S, MT to Abq for something like $26k + fees?

If anyone do, would you let me know?

Best!
How about a brand new 2019 Rabbit edition for $30K, right in ABQ?

Maybe this is the week that the dealer will finally sell it. Just a few days left in May and I bet they want to move it. It’s only been on their lot for 662(!) days. Only $5K more and you get a “new” car.

New 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0T Rabbit Edition FWD - $30,160
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/248408505

Or there is this one in green - a rare-ish color:

New 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0T S 4-Door FWD - $29,390
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/232609752

Tempting, no? Payment won’t be all that much more each month. There are others too.

What does everyone think about buying a “new” 2019 in 2021? Since both of these are of special interest, might be worth it. Any concerns?

if you would rather have a 2021, there’s this one:

New 2021 Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0T S FWD - $29,250
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/link/291152209

Last edited:

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
That was a great write up!
Essentially summarizing many factors that affected how I ended up looking for a car. I live in Albuquerque and work in a busy academic hospital setting and due to many commitments, research, outpatient and inpatient clinics, have great time constraints. Hence CarMax became an appealing choice.

No trade ins and my budget is about $25k plus fees. Can't travel for a car (did not take time off for the past 2 years due to work schedule). Will take time off this year but if I tell my better half that I will be using my time off to look for a car...I think I will end up regretting the conversation.

And I would think my credit score would not be bad. I am planning to go to the dealer and offer $26k for a new GTI S, MT. No negotiation skills: I will tell them what I can pay and also show them proof that I have a car in transit as of now; essentially the truth. And see what happens I guess.

Now I am worried about the "fleet" aspect, that I initially thought was not a big deal. But both of you are correct, this is going to be a long term vehicle for me.

If you were in my shoes, would you call the deal off and write of $484? I am thinking about doing that after what I hear.

And thx for great insight! Started to enjoy the forum already!!!
Thanks.

My advice is to start researching how to negotiate a car deal immediately. These guys are experts at what they do and the more information and knowledge you being to the table, the better off you’ll be.

Search YouTube for yourautoadvocate and start learning. They have a lot of good information.

Also keep in mind, VW is offering 0% interest right now on 2021’s. That could be a difference of over $2,000 on a 5 year loan vs 3%. But, you definitely want to know your credit worthiness prior to going to a dealership. See what apr your bank/credit union will pre-approve you for and take that information with you.

While you’re there stay focused on the out the door price. Don’t get tripped up by monthly payments, crazy down payments and all of that other stuff. Know what you want to offer and how much you’ll be paying in taxes and legitimate fees, add that to your offer and that should be the highest amount you finance.

If they want to charge a $900 for a “doc” fee then have them lower the price of the car by that amount.

Stay firm and friendly, but understand these guys are not your friends. They’re there to make a profit.

As for the used car, I personally would not be buying one right now due to the crazy prices, but that’s a financial decision only you can make.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

cb1111

Will do!. Probably that money is gone. I think it was a dealer demo or service loaner, but not sure.

Would any of the Forum members by any chance know a dealer that can ship a new GTI S, MT to Abq for something like $26k + fees?

If anyone do, would you let me know?

Best!
Call Mohammed at University VW Mazda in ABQ. I bought one alltrack there (almost 2) and they were easy to work with. If you have a great credit score, then vW has some good loan numbers right now and there are military/grad/partner program incentives. The partner program by itself will give you $500 under invoice which these days isn't bad. Emich in Colorado has a big inventory too.

cdokmeci

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
Let me update forum friends/members,
I went to 2 of the VW dealers in town today and their lowest possible prices were close to each other.
And the best deal was $27.750 + TTL for 0% APR and some dealer extras (monster mats, stuff). This was for a black 2021 GTI S, MT.
My counter offer was $26.500. They did not take it.
This makes me think that the CarMax deal was not too bad.
Wish it was not a fleet vehicle 😕

Pleatia

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GMC, VW Wkendr, mk7
Check with Gebhardt in Boulder. They will ship for you. But you have to pay for it.
I needed shipping so the extra 500 I paid somewhat offset a great deal. They will work with you. I talked with 5 dealers in 5 states. They all play games and are out to take as much money from you as they can. Get a good fair deal and be happy with it. Now is a tough time to buy a car.
I got lucky on a lease return with 5000 miles. I was first in line and bought it on the spot. Others were waiting in the wings while I wrote the check.
The closer you are the less shipping will be.

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
New vs used, I’d take the new.
You were at $24,500 for the used (including the transfer)

Offer $27k for the new one (and tell them you’ll sign/take it right then and there—shows you’re serious) and the $2500 extra will be worth it IMO
Agreed. Used to be you would buy a low mileage used car to avoid the initial big depreciation of driving a new car of the lot. That was the smart thing to do. But now your used car option is overvalued at least 20% maybe more, so you will take a big hit when the market adjusts its price once the bubble bursts. That is a certainty.

At least with a new gti you get something for that depreciation (fresh new car smell)

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Plus the 0% is something that equals about $1000 for each % on $30k
Absolutely. On a 60 month loan with 3% interest, you’re looking at almost $2,000 of interest on a $24,500 loan (more if you finance the TTL).

With 0% interest you’re now only talking about a difference of roughly $1,100 between the cost of the two vehicles (if you take their $27,500 offer) vs the $3,000 it appears to be. $600 if they accept your offer of $27,000.

That would be an easy decision for me. Brand new car with a full 4 year warranty that you know the full history of vs an overpriced 2 year old car with 13,000 unknown miles on it for $1,100 (or $600) difference.

That’s less than $20 a month. If you can swing that I would say go for the new car. Here’s some numbers I put together real quick for you. This is with the 4% vehicle tax I believe you pay in ABQ.

A61522CA-2EBC-4C4B-84F1-654BB7223306.png

0504C538-8790-42D9-A801-F9D336D85736.png

Rojito

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI SE MANUAL
Sorry, I just noticed their offer was $27,750 vs the $27,500 I was using. I would redo the numbers, but I don’t have the energy. Point remains the same. I would still offer $27,000.

Do it today or tomorrow though. Everything resets on the first of the month.

cdokmeci

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
Thank you all for your insight,

I’m planning to go to local Credit Union to see what the total amount of interest I will end up paying over a 60 month loan. As Rojito pointed out, this now becomes more instrumental when there is a 0% offer in the equation for a new vehicle.
And I totally agree with everyone who pointed out the difference between old and new being rather minimal these days.
But again I started with a budget of $21k and now I am talking about $26k all of a sudden. Which might not be an issue in regular times. It is just that an insane house renovation project blew a huge whole in our finances. Hence I ended up penny pinching 🙂

Davisthegreat

Car(s)
2020 DIB GTI SE
So I was in a really bad wreck a couple of weeks ago that took out my 2017 civic hatch ex - so I have a broke ankle ( gladly, cause looking at the car, it could have been much worse). The broke right ankle means I won't be able to drive for at least 2-3 months.

I have done some hyperfocused research and really keen on getting a CFB SE 2021 DSG . I was first just looking for a low mileage SE from 2019-2020 but, i figure life is short and this is the first time im in a position to pay more than 20k for a car. I should get exactly what I want.

Is it reasonable to go in and negotiate 30-32k for a cfb se dsg on order/ allocation in these market conditions or am i looking at def paying MSRP?

Thanks yall

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
supplies are limited and I believe factory in Mexico has ceased production. I doubt a deal on any color is likely let alone an amazing color.

cb1111

So I was in a really bad wreck a couple of weeks ago that took out my 2017 civic hatch ex - so I have a broke ankle ( gladly, cause looking at the car, it could have been much worse). The broke right ankle means I won't be able to drive for at least 2-3 months.

I have done some hyperfocused research and really keen on getting a CFB SE 2021 DSG . I was first just looking for a low mileage SE from 2019-2020 but, i figure life is short and this is the first time im in a position to pay more than 20k for a car. I should get exactly what I want.

Is it reasonable to go in and negotiate 30-32k for a cfb se dsg on order/ allocation in these market conditions or am i looking at def paying MSRP?

Thanks yall
You're not getting an "on order/allocation" 2021 these days. The 2021's are all at dealers already and prices are going up. That said, if you work with a company on their partners list, then you can get $500 under invoice. You can also get another $500 if military or a (very) recent college graduate.

VA dealers (that normally have the best prices) are advertising the SE at a $2013 discount from MSRP - but - here is the fine print

Adjusted market value will be added back to all new vehicle prices for customers living outside of VA, MD, and D.C... Financing is subject to approved credit through Volkswagen Credit. New vehicle pricing includes dealer discounts and may not be combined with special financing and or lease offers. Price plus tax, tags, processing fee of $799 VA. Destination and handling charges: $895 for Jetta, Passat, Golf Alltrack, Golf, Golf GTI, Beetle & Golf Sportwagen, $995 for Tiguan, Arteon, and Atlas. All Manufacturer incentives included in the price will require financing through VCI or other Sheehy approved lenders. Some manufacturer incentives are not compatible with special manufacturer finance offers

So you need to add $799 and $895 to the prices so $1694 leaving you with a discount of $319.

Davisthegreat

Car(s)
2020 DIB GTI SE
You're not getting an "on order/allocation" 2021 these days. The 2021's are all at dealers already and prices are going up. That said, if you work with a company on their partners list, then you can get $500 under invoice. You can also get another $500 if military or a (very) recent college graduate.

VA dealers (that normally have the best prices) are advertising the SE at a $2013 discount from MSRP - but - here is the fine print

Adjusted market value will be added back to all new vehicle prices for customers living outside of VA, MD, and D.C... Financing is subject to approved credit through Volkswagen Credit. New vehicle pricing includes dealer discounts and may not be combined with special financing and or lease offers. Price plus tax, tags, processing fee of $799 VA. Destination and handling charges: $895 for Jetta, Passat, Golf Alltrack, Golf, Golf GTI, Beetle & Golf Sportwagen, $995 for Tiguan, Arteon, and Atlas. All Manufacturer incentives included in the price will require financing through VCI or other Sheehy approved lenders. Some manufacturer incentives are not compatible with special manufacturer finance offers

So you need to add $799 and $895 to the prices so $1694 leaving you with a discount of $319.
Ive already confirmed with the dealer they have allocation for 2021 - we have an appt Saturday for me to get everything squared away. Was just wondering if anything under MSRP was reasonable. I been lurking this thread and seeing people get solid deals just a month and a half ago