GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

iSpyGTi

Car(s)
Hopefully GTI
Thanks vj123. Car will be stock and I'll own it for 2-3 years (although likely I'm out once the warranty expires because I'm not a fan of owning DSG out of warranty).

The deal currently is 4k off on 2020 GTISE and 6k off on 2019 GTISE. Dealer is hoping that the warranty justifies the price on the 2019. I'm not so sure. At the end of the day, that car has been sitting on the lot for over a year at this point.

Any comment on that coolant splash around the battery area?

Last edited:

rallymaniac555

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI S MT
2019 can be sitting on the lot for a lot longer. I just bought a new 2020 S at the end of August and the car was built end of November 2019. The 2019 you're looking at could be from spring of 2019.
These are still great finds as you will be able to have it under warranty for much longer so you can own it longer without any worries.
The coolant leak on the other one is in a weird spot as it seems that it's in the battery area so it could be leaking from the heater core or somewhere there.
my 2015 had a small seeping from the water pump housing but nothing that would drip down to the ground.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thanks vj123. Car will be stock and I'll own it for 2-3 years (although likely I'm out once the warranty expires because I'm not a fan of owning DSG out of warranty).

The deal currently is 4k off on 2020 GTISE and 6knoff on 2019 GTISE. Dealer is hoping that the warranty justifies the price on the 2019. I'm not so sure. At the end of the day, that car has been sitting on the lot for over a year at this point.

Any comment on that coolant splash around the battery area?

DSG in MK7 has been improved overtime and its pretty solid. If i were in your shoes i would go with the used Sport. Since you are skeptical about DSGs, brand new 2019 might be your pick. I would pick a 2019 any day over a 2020 for the warranty, even though it sat in a dealer lot for a year.

People have reported coolant leak in this platform and i wouldnt worry too much about it.

iSpyGTi

Car(s)
Hopefully GTI
The used S is 3 years old from original sale, so 2 years powertrain plus 2 years of CPO warranty should at lease give me peace of mind for that much time, and I'll probably roll the dice for a year or so after that if it seems reliable.

Why is the powertrain and CPO warranty separate? Are there powertrain components that the CPO does not cover? Some places I read CPO is B2B coverage, other places I don't. I would have imagined that only consumables (hoses, tires, pads, fluids, wipers etc.) would be excluded from CPO.

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
The used S is 3 years old from original sale, so 2 years powertrain plus 2 years of CPO warranty should at lease give me peace of mind for that much time, and I'll probably roll the dice for a year or so after that if it seems reliable.

Why is the powertrain and CPO warranty separate? Are there powertrain components that the CPO does not cover? Some places I read CPO is B2B coverage, other places I don't. I would have imagined that only consumables (hoses, tires, pads, fluids, wipers etc.) would be excluded from CPO.

2017 S does not get Xenon headlights and Limited slip differential. Personally i would not consider a GTI without those features.

If you look around, you can find the list of components covered in CPO but a similar list does not exist for B2B warranty as it covers all components in the vehicle except consumables.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
if you don't plan to keep over 2 years or so 2017 would be fine. If not I would go 2018/2019. I was looking at 17's or 18/19 used and ended up grabbing a 19. Very glad I went with it over the 17, imo the refresh and warranty is worth getting over the 17.

there are alot more used 17's than 18/19 though, atleast private seller wise when I was looking.

iSpyGTi

Car(s)
Hopefully GTI
It's a Sport and not an S, I misspoke. Also 100% the Sport trim is the perfect trim really. No sunroof issues, yes xenon and plaid.

I'd imagine the 18s will flood the market about 6 months from now once the three year leases start coming back.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
It's a Sport and not an S, I misspoke. Also 100% the Sport trim is the perfect trim really. No sunroof issues, yes xenon and plaid.

I'd imagine the 18s will flood the market about 6 months from now once the three year leases start coming back.

yea, depends on what you want. I wouldn't do S model on 17, 18 or 19 for various reasons for what I want, headlights, limited slip etc. The 19 S model isn't that bad of a deal but its missing the good LED headlights and push start, if it had those would be pretty good. If you want plaid its pretty much 17 sport, 18 SE with plaid or 19 rabbit with the rabbit being the best trim they came out with for the entire generation

npx629

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Stage 2
Late as hell to the party, but right at the end of January I got a new 2019 Great Falls Green SE DSG with Experience Pack for 29800 from Capitol VW in San Jose CA.

15 percent off MSRP, financed with BofA for 2.74. Not bad at all considering that there were 4 great falls green cars on sale within 500 miles, and only one (this one) with experience pack (DCC and Fender for SE)

iSpyGTi

Car(s)
Hopefully GTI
Got a CPO white '17 Sport at $19 with 40k. First GTI, coming from an older 335i, loving everything so far. Amazing what a difference some new tech and a lighter steering can make. Nogaro rims are especially appealing, and cherry off the awesome plaid on white look. Thanks for the advice! Couldn't care less now whether the deal was the best or worst. I'm great about staying off my phone when driving,but android auto makes things very convenient too.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I got an offer for an used 2019 SE DSG with under 4k miles for $25k. Do you guys think this is a good deal?

Vehicle condition and history?
How many past owners?
Previous owner(s) - private person or dealer?
Seller - private party or dealer?

Anstin

Car(s)
WRX
Only one past owner. No accidents or damage. The previous owner had the vehicle for 7 months, but traded it in for a Golf R. I am buying from a dealer. Thanks!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Only one past owner. No accidents or damage. The previous owner had the vehicle for 7 months, but traded it in for a Golf R. I am buying from a dealer. Thanks!

Looks like a good deal.

I would inspect the vehicle using an indi mechanic irrespective of what the dealer says. Also i would look for any tunes (TD1 flags) associated with the vehicle (if warranty matters for you) as many people then to mod their vehicles as soon as they buy it.