GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

adebo

Car(s)
'19 Sportwagen SE
Long time lurker and happy to finally be an owner. Picked up one of the remaining '19 GSW SE a couple of weeks ago for around $21.1k ($10k discount) and OTD for $23k.

revvit

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6SPD
Bought mine about 3 weeks ago in PA. 26200 for car, 27,300 OTD for 2019 White Silver SE manual w/ Exp Package and all the extras.
Man! That was a sweet deal! It's 27300 OTD including tax, fees, plates etc? If you pulled a deal like this, big kudos to you! Congrats!

That's a very good deal for the Detroit area! When I purchased mine , no dealer around the DTW area would budge on their pricing.
Yeah, my feeling is that Detroit Metro car dealers are a little spoiled - especially in the suburbs. Most of the area is pretty affluent, a lot of people working in automotive, changing cars quite often, so selling does not require a lot of effort here. I was told in one of dealerships "It's a GTI, if you don't buy it, someone else will..."

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Man! That was a sweet deal! It's 27300 OTD including tax, fees, plates etc? If you pulled a deal like this, big kudos to you! Congrats!

Yeah, my feeling is that Detroit Metro car dealers are a little spoiled - especially in the suburbs. Most of the area is pretty affluent, a lot of people working in automotive, changing cars quite often, so selling does not require a lot of effort here. I was told in one of dealerships "It's a GTI, if you don't buy it, someone else will..."
That's outrageous attitude by the dealer. With the R it's expected they might be douchey but for the GTI that's ridiculous. If you're willing to travel I'm sure you can find dealers who want to move volume and are willing to offer significant discounts.

cnace2

Passed Driver's Ed

Yup it included everything! Couldn't really believe it myself when I pulled the trigger.

backfire103

I'm looking at a 2019 Autobahn DSG they have marked down to $32,600 from $38,864. Think I have any chance of getting them down to $30K? I had a MK6 that I traded on a Elantra Sport, but I'm thinking about going back to a GTI. I miss the hatch big time.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I'm looking at a 2019 Autobahn DSG they have marked down to $32,600 from $38,864. Think I have any chance of getting them down to $30K?

Yes. Timing is everything! Tomorrow is the 28th, Saturday is the 29th, which happens to be the last day of this short month. THAT is the day they will do their best deal, whatever it may be. I'd keep them at arms length, showing interest but balking at the price. Your phone may ring on Saturday. Be ready. If they do call and won't quite get to your number, don't be afraid to counter. Good luck.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yes. Timing is everything! Tomorrow is the 28th, Saturday is the 29th, which happens to be the last day of this short month. THAT is the day they will do their best deal, whatever it may be. I'd keep them at arms length, showing interest but balking at the price. Your phone may ring on Saturday. Be ready. If they do call and won't quite get to your number, don't be afraid to counter. Good luck.
Actually, because the end of the month ends on a weekend (and not all dealers are open on the weekend)....they extend it to Monday

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I'm looking at a 2019 Autobahn DSG they have marked down to $32,600 from $38,864. Think I have any chance of getting them down to $30K? I had a MK6 that I traded on a Elantra Sport, but I'm thinking about going back to a GTI. I miss the hatch big time.

Totally depends on how motivated the dealer is to get this vehicle off their lot. There arent many 2019s left in dealer inventory and they know 2020s dont come with People's warranty.

backfire103

Thanks for the advice. I'm going over tonight with the Elantra. A big question mark is that my car has trade figures ranging from 12-15k online and on auto trader there's only 7 for sale in the entire country. So it'll boil down to what they'll give me on trade. I got the fact that they have a few Autobahns in stock along with they have a sister Hyundai dealer next door so maybe they can CPO my car and stick it over there going for me. We'll see. I'm interested but I'm also not going to pay out the butt for one.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Totally depends on how motivated the dealer is to get this vehicle off their lot. There arent many 2019s left in dealer inventory and they know 2020s dont come with People's warranty.

Oh they're motivated by end of month, and the 2020 shorter warranty won't affect that in the least bit. They need to move the metal. Yeah, if you're looking at a car that's already been sitting for 6 months, they'd be EXTRA motivated to move that one - but there's plenty of motivation on *anything* in stock.

As for the weekend thing causing an extension of the end of the month - are there actually dealerships that don't open on Saturdays? I haven't seen that out here. Some close Sunday, but everybody is open Saturdays.

backfire103

Oh they're motivated by end of month, and the 2020 shorter warranty won't affect that in the least bit. They need to move the metal. Yeah, if you're looking at a car that's already been sitting for 6 months, they'd be EXTRA motivated to move that one - but there's plenty of motivation on *anything* in stock.

As for the weekend thing causing an extension of the end of the month - are there actually dealerships that don't open on Saturdays? I haven't seen that out here. Some close Sunday, but everybody is open Saturdays.

It turns out they weren't that motivated haha. They low balled me big time on the trade. Lucky for them there's another dealer in town with the exact same car so we'll try again tomorrow.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Around here, in the Detroit area, SOME are....so they always include that Monday as an extra (last) day.
But the VW incentives go towards 3/2 too is also why I said it:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...rograms-1-7-20-3-2-20-updated-1-17-20.370572/