GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
New member looking at my first GTI (I've previously owned a GLI).

I've found a new 2019 GTI SE w/6 speed manual, lighting package; experience package (Fender system/DCC). The dealer has MSRP of $33,785 with $8,643 marked off resulting in a $25,142 price tag. There is a $799 processing fee and no add back for freight so the discount is $7,844 in practical terms.

Its a great deal. Just read about 2019 MT stalling issue if you are not aware of it.

Cliffpoz

New member looking at my first GTI (I've previously owned a GLI).

I've found a new 2019 GTI SE w/6 speed manual, lighting package; experience package (Fender system/DCC). The dealer has MSRP of $33,785 with $8,643 marked off resulting in a $25,142 price tag. There is a $799 processing fee and no add back for freight so the discount is $7,844 in practical terms.

Seems like a good deal to me?! Would be glad to hear some advice! Thanks hope to join the fleet.
Can you share the dealership. I am not coming close to your deal.

troympierce

Can you share the dealership. I am not coming close to your deal.

Welp the dealer got back to me. The internet price included $2,450 of discounts for student/military/preferred/freight which they added back for the OTD price. Deal wasn't as good as advertised - I told them it was misleading. They offered the $500 preferred discount but I don't think I'll take it. Left a bad taste in my mouth with the bait and switch.

TheDude123

Considering: New 2019 GTI SE Manual with experience package: $27,250 selling price and $30,000 OTD. Is this a good deal for the manual transmissions at this point in time?
Thanks for any input.

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
Considering: New 2019 GTI SE Manual with experience package: $27,250 selling price and $30,000 OTD. Is this a good deal for the manual transmissions at this point in time?
Thanks for any input.

Have a feeling you could get it for lower (I know different areas matter), maybe wait a few days till its closer to the end of the month and you could probably save another $500-1k. Especially since there are a bunch of 2020's now.

zycooper

New 2019 GTI S DSG with DAP and monster mat.
Dont' remember the price breakdown. OTD is $25800 in texas(6.25% sales tax). Feeling there is a chance to get down to $25500 but dont't want to spend more time.
Has to go through their finance but I do have the option to re-finance or pay off after 6 payments. Rate is around 4.5%

revvit

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6SPD
New guy here, and new to VW.

2019 SE 6SPD manual White Silver with Experience Package, monster mats, car go blocks and rest of VW goodies - 27330, 29470 OTD, a little over 6700 off MSRP.
It was pretty good deal for Detroit Metro, I was really hesitant to go thru all the hassle of buying new car from a dealership, but I guess I found a good one - they didn't try to push the deal, up sell any stuff I did not need, everything was simple and straightforward, two things I did not like when picking the car up were fixed, so I'm very satisfied with the service.
Oh, love the color! Today morning it was white, after I parked it next to actual white car it looked silver, in teh evening when sun is low it will be gray/blue-ish :D

Last edited:

SVTunit

Ready to race!
New guy here, and new to VW.

2019 SE 6SPD manual White Silver with Experience Package, monster mats, car go blocks and rest of VW goodies - 27330, 29470 OTD, a little over 6700 off MSRP.
It was pretty good deal for Detroit Metro, I was really hesitant to go thru all the hassle of buying new car from a dealership, but I guess I found a good one - they didn't try to push the deal, up sell any stuff I did not need, everything was simple and straightforward, two things I did not like when picking the car up were fixed, so I'm very satisfied with the service.
Oh, love the color! Today morning it was white, after I parked it next to actual white car it looked silver, in teh evening when sun is low it will be gray/blue-ish :D
That's a very good deal for the Detroit area! When I purchased mine , no dealer around the DTW area would budge on their pricing. I even showed them a quote I received from a dealer in MD (where I eventually purchased from) and they said there was "no way" the dealer could sell a car for that low and they would change the deal once I arrived. I booked a one way flight to MD and drove my new car back the same day. (y) Congratulations!

cnace2

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought mine about 3 weeks ago in PA. 26200 for car, 27,300 OTD for 2019 White Silver SE manual w/ Exp Package and all the extras.