GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thank you for the heads up on the stalling issue! That's a huge bummer... even a blocker, I'd say :/

The vehicle is at a non-VW dealership and apparently was used as a trade-in for a new vehicle there (Carfax reports don't present any issues)

Yeah, definitely. I bought a 2019 only because i was considering a DSG.

There are several unknowns if its a non VW dealership and for the listed price, i would not consider this vehicle.

RustyVenture

Joined the forum to contribute to this thread.

2019 GTI S for about $24,500 before taxes.
DSG, dark iron blue, with some miscellany like monster mats and driver's assistance package.

Seems like there might have been better deals out there, but this worked for me. Wish I could have gotten a Rabbit edition, but couldn't find any within several hundred miles (Northern California).

BPCrusher01

It's late but here's mine: 2017 GTI Sport with manual purchased beginning of 2017. I think I got a pretty great deal. My TDI buyback let me get this car and have money left over.

$21,796 plus dealer fee, TTL.

invoice.jpg

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
Friend just bought a used 2018 GTI S DSG ~4k miles, no extras for 22.1k OTD. Not 100% sure about the number break down, but this is in the VA area.

Johnnysoup

Car(s)
19 white/silver DSG
Posting my deal here.. Worked with several dealers to get the best price in Arizona. Purchased a 2019 GTI SE automatic with experience package. I even tried True car just for kicks. I actually had a true car dealer send me a deal that I didn't realize how good it was until after I did all my negotiations. However, I did get the color, white /silver, that I wanted and I'm very happy. My sale price was $29,760 with another $500.00 off through VWPP. So 29,260. I did have to take a window tint package that I wasn't thrilled about and they had $510.00 doc fee. Worked with dealers from Tucson to Las Vegas.Bought in North Scottsdale. Posted my deal and the True car deal just for comparison.

Attachments

• my deal.png
    my deal.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 275
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 12.37.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 12.37.40 PM.png
    377.6 KB · Views: 261

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
^^ I think you did fine. We bought our '15 TDI from VWNS and dealt with Tukk, who's a hardcore enthusiast and doesn't blow smoke up your a$$. At least that expensive tint is ceramic. When I bought my new R 2 weeks ago, the dealer also wanted $499 for the installed "lifetime" tint. Probably some run-of-the-mill film. I said I wouldn't pay more than $299 for it which is still about a 100% markup over what they would have paid. They quickly relented.

Regarding the doc fee - these fees are high almost everywhere nowadays, and in Arizona, by law, the dealer must charge the same fee on all transactions, which they LOVE because it gives them an excuse to say that they can't do anything about it. But in reality that's just BS because to the buyer, it's part of the bottom line price of the car, and the bottom line is ALWAYS negotiable, so the buyer should just take the fee into account when working his/her best deal. At such a massive discount up front, you probably weren't going to squeeze anything more out of them. At least they didn't try to stick you with a "desert protection package", or nitrogen in the tires - which Larry H Miller tried to gouge me for $279 for. What an insult to the customer's intelligence to even try to stick them with that nonsense.

smbstyle

Ready to race!
Going to be purchasing in the next 6 weeks once my company car lease is up (will be my 3rd GTI and 2nd MK7), and would like to go with a new or CPO 2019 SE, as it appears the 6 yr 72k mi warranty program ends with the 19s.

Those who are familiar with the market - do you expect dealer offers and incentives on 19s to get better and better as 2020 models roll in? Any idea when 2020s should hit dealer lots?

Already seeing some pretty good deals under 30k advertised on 2019 SEs - 26.8k advertised price here in MD:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...eCode1=VOLKS&modelCode1=GTI&dealerId=68245869

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Those who are familiar with the market - do you expect dealer offers and incentives on 19s to get better and better as 2020 models roll in? Any idea when 2020s should hit dealer lots?

Already seeing some pretty good deals under 30k advertised on 2019 SEs - 26.8k advertised price here in MD:

2019 incentives from VW might get a little better over time but the inventory is running out if you are particular about options and colours. With reduced warranty for 2020s, i dont see dealers offering drastically more discounts for 2019s than current prices. I read in another forum that VW wants to clear out 2019 MK7.5 before shipping 2020s to the dealers.

I have bought two MK7s from DC area dealers and they add several items back (pre TTL) to their advertised price. Still they might offers one of the best deals in the country.

krazyrabbit

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Going to be purchasing in the next 6 weeks once my company car lease is up (will be my 3rd GTI and 2nd MK7), and would like to go with a new or CPO 2019 SE, as it appears the 6 yr 72k mi warranty program ends with the 19s.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...eCode1=VOLKS&modelCode1=GTI&dealerId=68245869

In the Midwest there weren't too many new SE models to choose from when I was looking over the past few months, quite a few GTI S models but most were black. I talked to several sales people of course, they were not willing to bargain much as there wasn't much stock and they know customers are looking to catch this year's GTIs with the longer warranty.

I decided to look for low mileage used instead and got ended up getting a Cornflower Blue Rabbit that is in new condition with only 6,000 miles for 27k. This totally worked for me as I got the upgraded headlights, the nice exterior package and got to keep the tartan cloth seats which I prefer over leather.

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Posting my deal here.. Worked with several dealers to get the best price in Arizona. Purchased a 2019 GTI SE automatic with experience package. I even tried True car just for kicks. I actually had a true car dealer send me a deal that I didn't realize how good it was until after I did all my negotiations. However, I did get the color, white /silver, that I wanted and I'm very happy. My sale price was $29,760 with another $500.00 off through VWPP. So 29,260. I did have to take a window tint package that I wasn't thrilled about and they had $510.00 doc fee. Worked with dealers from Tucson to Las Vegas.Bought in North Scottsdale. Posted my deal and the True car deal just for comparison.

We got basically the same car (White Silver DSG SE with Experience) and very similar deals (My post is a page back, mine was $29k without a partner because I didn't feel like dealing with it). Mine was from a dealer in South Scottsdale though. I tried with quite a few dealers before I got this price, I basically went in asking for $28k.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Have a feeling sales are just going to drop of gti in 2020. No good trims or anything and new one right around corner

Kirbyrp

Hey all, so I got quotes from a few dealers near me( outside philly) for a manual white SE with experience package for around 28100 sale price. What would be a good price to counter with? 26k? There are a lot of this trim and color near me so I’m not worried about my color and trim option becoming unavailable.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Hey all, so I got quotes from a few dealers near me( outside philly) for a manual white SE with experience package for around 28100 sale price. What would be a good price to counter with? 26k? There are a lot of this trim and color near me so I’m not worried about my color and trim option becoming unavailable.

What is the MSRP of the vehicle and does your sale price include TTL or other fees charged by the dealer. Its difficult to rate your deal without the complete information.

Also are you aware of the stalling issue in 2019 manual GTIs.