GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
All of my vehicles except GTIs have been factory ordered. I dont see a need for ordering a GTI as there isnt many options to choose from and all combinations of these vehicles can be found in dealer lots. Moreover, dealers offer great deals on vehicles in their inventory and i am not sure if similar deals are possible with factory order.

yea, I've been reading a bit about special ordering a VW, sounds like a royal PITA on wait time and not knowing when it will come.

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I guess I should add my deal here. Picked up a 2019 GTI SE, DSG with experience package in October (Traded the 2017 in). Got it OTD for $30,690. I paid a bit more in Doc Fees than I should have, but I wasn't going to fight too hard ($499).

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I guess I should add my deal here. Picked up a 2019 GTI SE, DSG with experience package in October (Traded the 2017 in). Got it OTD for $30,690. I paid a bit more in Doc Fees than I should have, but I wasn't going to fight too hard ($499).
what was negotiated price before tax etc, I think that’s what most care about

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
what was negotiated price before tax etc, I think that’s what most care about

Yup, sorry about that. $29,000 before tax, that was with basically zero negotiation (I emailed him and told him exactly what I wanted to pay, 28k, and he came back and said 29).
Sticker was $34,970.

Every other dealer around wouldn't go below $32k. I had been making offers for about a month prior.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Local dealer has an 19 SE with experience package, sticker 35,210. They have discount of 6,048 listed. First time buying a new car, what discount should I ask for and any other cost savings I should setup. Thanks guys for the help!!

dbzfan

Local dealer has an 19 SE with experience package, sticker 35,210. They have discount of 6,048 listed. First time buying a new car, what discount should I ask for and any other cost savings I should setup. Thanks guys for the help!!

I think you can push for atleast another 1k off. See my post a few pages back (#2482)... I purchased the same exact trim back in August for a selling price of under $28k (I financed min amount of 10k for the extra $500 rebate).

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yup, sorry about that. $29,000 before tax, that was with basically zero negotiation (I emailed him and told him exactly what I wanted to pay, 28k, and he came back and said 29).
Sticker was $34,970.

Every other dealer around wouldn't go below $32k. I had been making offers for about a month prior.

You got a good deal.

Aliu121

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19' SE DSG
Isn’t there like a vw partner program I can sign up for to get another 500 off?

If you Google "VW Partner Program" you should be able to find a list of companies that partners with VW, make sure your company is on the list or else you won't get the incentive. From my experience I didn't need to print anything out, the dealership took care of it, they just need to confirm you work for the partnered company.

cksz

Looking at a 2019 GTI Autobahn manual used (3,200 miles)

MSRP $34,596
Discounts $7,608
Tax $1,698
Tag & Title Fees $598
Predelivery Service Charge (?) $799
OTD $30,083

This would be my first VW.
Thoughts ?

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
expensive....5-6K should be discount off new. $600 tag/title is a lot of profit and $800 service charge made me laugh.

Mud

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Looking at a 2019 GTI Autobahn manual used (3,200 miles)

MSRP $34,596
Discounts $7,608
Tax $1,698
Tag & Title Fees $598
Predelivery Service Charge (?) $799
OTD $30,083

This would be my first VW.
Thoughts ?

To begin with, are you aware of stalling issue with 2019 manuals.

Regarding your deal, was this vehicle a dealer owned (dealer demo or loaner)?

cksz

Thank you for the heads up on the stalling issue! That's a huge bummer... even a blocker, I'd say :/

The vehicle is at a non-VW dealership and apparently was used as a trade-in for a new vehicle there (Carfax reports don't present any issues)