GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Pricing is deff region dependant. As I was saying before you ain’t finding any 2018’s for no less than $23800 at selling price not including tax, tag and fees and thats for 6speed manual the lowest I seen a 2018 DSG in my area selling for has been around $24400 that selling price of course. You can find leftover 2017’s especially 6 speeds between $21k and $22k much harder to find a leftover DSG Gti. I am getting my 2018 Gti S DSG tomorrow in black pearl wanted the SE but can’t swing the payment jump that it would have been. Either way I am happy finally get my Gti.

Your local dealer is not going to match the lowest deal in the country and this has been discussed several times here.

Congrats on your ride.

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
Your local dealer is not going to match the lowest deal in the country and this has been discussed several times here.

Congrats on your ride.

Thanks. I knew that in order to get the best deal around I probally would have had to go outside of my state. I was trying to get them to match a price from the northern part of my state not across the country. If you live in a small state then the price ranges aren't going to fluctuate that much but if you are in state like California, Texas or Florida then you have more opportunities to shop for better pricing. Whether it's pre own or new. My issue was having a trade I wasn't going to go from dealer to dealer doing countless appraisals and racking up more miles on my trade every dealer that contacted me wanted to see the car. Either way I'm happy to be a new VW owner.
;)

radar_bot

I just purchased my GTI in North Carolina.

I was hoping to get a similar deal to some of the previous posts in this thread, but I think most of the manufacture incentive deals had expired by May.

For some background, I purchased a new 2016 GTI Autobahn in July 2016 for $5500 off MSRP:
MSRP: $34595
Discount: -$5500
Sales price: $29095
+TTL: $30690

I was rear ended a few months ago and the car was considered a total loss. I searched around for a comparable replacement in the used market for a while, but was never able to find a vehicle with which I felt comfortable. So I started shopping around for new vehicles for about 2 weeks. It seemed like all the dealers in my area (Flow, Leith, etc) were reading from the same playbook and unwilling to budge from $3000 off. I walked away from multiple deals and waited for end of month quota pressure to get the price dropped. I just ended up buying my GTI for the following pricing:

MSRP: $36340
Discount: -$4500
Sales price: $31840
+ TTL: $33515

It wasn't as good a deal as I got in 2016, but it comes with more manufacturer warranty and better safety features.

goldenstateofmind

Finally joined the club and purchased my first GTI over Memorial Day weekend in SF Bay Area.

2018 GTI SE Manual in Deep Black + Leather Option
MSRP: $32,335
Discount: $5,000
Sale Price: $27,335
TTL: $2,917
OTD Price: $30,252

Wasn't able to negotiate down the APR (2.99%). Dealer was only willing to offer the $5k discount with this rate. From emailing around, seems like quite a few dealers in the area were willing to give discounts of $3k or more off the MSRP.

cb1111

Finally joined the club and purchased my first GTI over Memorial Day weekend in SF Bay Area.

2018 GTI SE Manual in Deep Black + Leather Option
MSRP: $32,335
Discount: $5,000
Sale Price: $27,335
TTL: $2,917
OTD Price: $30,252

Wasn't able to negotiate down the APR (2.99%). Dealer was only willing to offer the $5k discount with this rate. From emailing around, seems like quite a few dealers in the area were willing to give discounts of $3k or more off the MSRP.
No reason why you can't refinance with a credit union in a few months with a better rate.

biGTIme

You don't have to make 3 payments. I don't know why dealers even tell people that. Just go to chase or whatever bank the loan is under and pay them with the new refinanced loan.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
You don't have to make 3 payments. I don't know why dealers even tell people that. Just go to chase or whatever bank the loan is under and pay them with the new refinanced loan.

It's not always that easy. Some loans stipulate that a certain number of payments have to be made, otherwise you face a prepayment penalty. They need to make their money back from the loan origination, which costs them money, usually on the order of a few months' worth of interest. Some states do not allow this, but some states do... so it depends on your lender and on the state in which you took out the loan. It should be spelled out in your loan terms.

I had to get a mortgage for an investment property, which I planned on paying off very shortly after closing, so this is something I had asked about up front. I had to make four payments before I could pay it off without penalty, which amounted to over $3200 in interest. Obviously, car loans are a different animal, but some of these same restrictions can apply.

For my VW loan, I got 0%, so I have no intention of paying off early and didn't even bother to ask about prepayment penalties.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Yup, just have to make 3 payments and then can either pay off the balance or refinance.

Thats a "typical" statement from the sales department so that they can earn their commission. Depending on the lender's terms, you can pay it off early (if there is no penalty).

Some lenders do have an early pay off penalty and one has to look into it.

gti211

Passed Driver's Ed
Most Auto loans don't have pre payment penalties to begin with if you get financed with the brand directly ex: Toyota, VW, Nissan. Unless you go with your local bank or a credit union then it may differ.
It's not always that easy. Some loans stipulate that a certain number of payments have to be made, otherwise you face a prepayment penalty. They need to make their money back from the loan origination, which costs them money, usually on the order of a few months' worth of interest. Some states do not allow this, but some states do... so it depends on your lender and on the state in which you took out the loan. It should be spelled out in your loan terms.

I had to get a mortgage for an investment property, which I planned on paying off very shortly after closing, so this is something I had asked about up front. I had to make four payments before I could pay it off without penalty, which amounted to over $3200 in interest. Obviously, car loans are a different animal, but some of these same restrictions can apply.

For my VW loan, I got 0%, so I have no intention of paying off early and didn't even bother to ask about prepayment penalties.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cb1111

Absolutely correct.

Assuming that it is allowed by the state, then many non-VW Credit loans have some sort of a prepayment penalty.

GTI.noob

Passed Driver's Ed
Purchased a 2018 GTI SE DSG with leather on May 31, 2018 in NJ. Below is the deal:

MSRP: 33,535.00
Selling price: 28,999.99
Clerical fee: 215.00
Doc fee: 75.00
Sales tax: 1,940.46
Tire fee: 7.50
Total cost: 32,126.95

Financed for 60 months at 2.90% APR.

Last edited: