GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

135mike

Hey guys, debating pulling the trigger here.

2015 2 door 6-speed SE with lighting package, $27,500 + tax, tags, etc. OTD was approx $30,100.

I can't find a better deal anywhere, so it looks good, but curious to hear your thoughts.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Were you upside down on your loan? Or was blue book > amount owed?

I hope you negotiated both transactions separately (the sale price of the 2012 GTI to the dealership and the lease of the Mk7) and then applied whatever portion of the excessive blue book to your new lease.

Dealerships don't give you shit for your car. I told them I didn't want a trade-in price on the car - I wanted them to give me the car I wanted for the price I wanted. I got both of those things.

Thedonkeycentrehalf

Passed Driver's Ed
One for the UK members. When I was looking for my Golf GT 2.0 tdi 150PS I used CarWow and specified a really basic GT (Tornado Red, no extras). I got 4 offers back within 48 hours from dealers ranging from 11% to 16% if using VW finance.

All anonymous and you only have to reveal your identity to the dealer when you want to strike a deal. Not as much fun as haggling with a dealer but much easier and great for those who are not confident in driving a hard bargain in person.

colham

Ready to race!
Carwow

Agree 100% about carwow.

I specced up what I wanted and got quoted from several dealers nationwide, most of whom would deliver for free but then went to my local VW dealer who wasn't on carwow but who then beat the best price I'd got. Just gave him a printout of the best deal.

Price should have been £22,876 for:

1.4TSI Match 125PS

Options:
Night blue metallic
Climate control
65% heat insulating tinted glass
17" Singapore alloys
Car-net App Connect
Paint protection treatment

Getting it for £18,857 which included £1250 contribution from VW financial services.

So all in 17.5% off!

L3nnox

Ready to race!
GTD 5dr, black, standard spec 6 by 23 lease including full maintenance and tyres £274 per month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sikboy

GTI 4 dr se PP,LIGHTING,DCC,driver assist,DSG

32,890 straight up

thrown in

perma plate
monster mats
door and edge cup guard
trunk hd mat with blocks

tax license and delivery to my door 3 hrs away

wait time less than 2 months

fully custom ordered

out the door financed 84 months $36,060.00 USD

financing interest rate 2.9%

a 1.9 or lower interest rate is great if your getting a lower end version car.

In addition the rate from 1.9 to 2.9 or even 4 is not that much when your talking1 % is like 20 dollars so dont sweat the interest rate

WizardStick

4 Door S, DSG, Night Blue with performance and lighting packages for 26,518 including the handling fee from Greeley VW in Colorado. This included the 10/20/30k maintenance, mats that I didn't even realize I was getting, and they tinted the windows for another $179. This was at least $500 under the USAA truecar, and I financed at 1.5% through USAA.

Metfan08

Ready to race!
I'm in the UK and ordered a Mk7 Estate in SE trim, 1.4TSI 125 recently. With the options the retail price was £25,135 OTR. The deal I got was £21,121 OTR, including the VWUK finance contribution of £1,250. Like other posters, I made negotiation easy by printing off the best quote from the CarWow website and asking them to match it. Easiest negotiation on a new car I've ever done!

00derek

2016 GTI Autobahn Performance package, 6MT, Drivers assist, LED lights, floor mats, 1st aid kit, roadside assistance kit. Car was on the lot with 350 miles on the odometer.

Purchased 11/30/15 from Mossy VW in Escondido, CA. That meant a 6-hour drive each way from Arizona.

$31,747 + $2600 sales tax + $80 doc fee = $34,427 out-the-door.
(= 22,782 UK pounds - boy are you guys gettin' screwed!)

$3500 below MSRP. 1.9% financing from VW for 60 months includes $1000 Conquest discount for non-VW owners.

There's never been a better time to buy a VW! (gasoline, that is)

stevenugent1983

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine is a bit different.
i got mine on Motability (UK) which is a type of lease for disabled people.
Previously Golfs have been quite expensive on it.
But 2 weeks ago the Golf GT was put on at a very good price (used to be the match for the same price)

£400 down payment
£60 a week which is my disability benefit
Free insurance
Free road tax
Free servicing
Free MOT after 3 years
Free tyre replacement as needed.
Free windscreen if needed
Free parts even if not under warranty
20,000 miles per year allowance

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
I am at work but If I am remembering correctly...

15' GTI 2 door S 6M with LP $24780 OTD:

No money down $416 per month 60 months/0.9 APR
Price of car a few hundred below invoice.

Lee_fr200

Ready to race!
In the UK

Golf gti pp dsg 5dr
Pure white
Tech pack
Reverse camera
Leather pack
Panoramic sunroof

List was 36000
Discount was 5k
Vw finance contribution 1,250

Pcp @4yrs 10k per year £329 per month
4.9% apr

vwgtidude

Ready to race!
for my gti 2015.

Last edited:

ismile

Ready to race!
In the UK as well:

RRP for
Golf GTI PP DSG
Night Blue Metallic
Leather
DCC
Parking Pack
Tech Pack
£35,245

Talked dealer down to £31,000 (with full tank)

Paid cash so lost out on any dealer contribution etc.

slik

Ready to race!
drove home aug 2015, ordered in june, a 2016 Gti autobahn, dsg, pp,lighting package, first aid kit, roadside assistance kit, monster mats, wheel locks, tax, license out the door = $32,000