GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
Thought it would be cool to have a monster thread with the deals members are getting. Whether it may be a purchase or lease. Don't forget to post which configuration/options you went with.

if purchased, what was the final negotiated price? and if financed, what rate?

if lease, (and you know), the money factor, residual %, cap cost, down payment, mileage, etc.

gogogogogogogogogo

(pix 4 clix)

Whiplash

GTI 6 Speed

Can't say whether or not I got the best deal, but I came away happy because I love my new car. I purchased my GTI on the 28th; negotiated down from a sticker price of $34,750 down to $33,500 out the door for my Steel Gray GTI Autobahn, 6 speed with PP, and lighting package. I had to drive over an hour away to actually find one with the Performance Pack, but it was worth it I think.

ch0sen0ne7

Passed Driver's Ed
mk6 to mk7

I figured there would be more posts here but i assume there will be more once people who have ordered theirs start getting them in

Anyways...i ended up getting mine last night...i got kind of eager bc it's in stock (well, at the port...coming in next week)...it looks like i got around the average, according to truecar, for the packages i got

I ended up paying $30,055 and it came out to $32,900 out the door...sales guy wouldn't budge much but here's what i'm getting...reflex silver SE, 4dr, manual, lighting package, driver assistance package, and they only met me halfway with the tint...i also got them to give me an almost even trade in for my current vehicle

All in all, i came out quite pleased and now I'm anxious for it to come in!

Gwen

Passed Driver's Ed
I got mine toward the end of last year but here is my deal:

$27,000
GTI SE
4 door
DSG
Lighting Package
Tornado Red

that price includes the destination fee, but not the tax tag title or dealer fee.

since they would not waive the dealership processing fee I negotiated the loan rate to 1.72% lower than what the bank was giving me by the amount of the dealership fee roughly.

The sticker price was 30,910 so I was happy with what I ended up with.

Last edited:

KenpoGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Gwen which dealership was this? Also was the car already marked down some or did you just negotiate that much off MSRP? That sounds like a great deal.

Gwen

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Gwen which dealership was this? Also was the car already marked down some or did you just negotiate that much off MSRP? That sounds like a great deal.

It was in Maryland. I just asked for the price I wanted - I expected them to say no like all of the other dealerships. I had been talking to MANY dealers since I filled out truecar and edmunds car buying service so lots of dealers were calling anyway but of course I wanted a lower price than the car buying service.

When they said yes I thought it had to be a scam I went up there thinking it had to be a mistake or the wrong trim or only 2 doors. When I got there it was legit. I ended up being at the dealership for hours because I read every piece of paper they gave me just to make sure I did not miss anything. I even called every other dealership I had talked to and asked if they could beat that deal. Nobody could. The car did have 76 miles on it. for some people I know that is a deal breaker but I was ok with it. I have no idea why they sold the car so cheap that day but so far no problems and I love the car.

Last edited:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I got my Deep Black Pearl 2015 Golf R DSG w/ DCC and Nav (the only options available at the moment) at invoice price of $38,762 down from MSRP of $39,910. Other dealerships in the area had them marked up at $3000-$5000 above MSRP.

vidkidruss

GTI S w/PerformancePkg - Houston area purchase

Hi,
Just made a purchase this weekend in Houston, TX. This car was on the lot with 76 miles. Only white 4 door in S (I wanted the plaid seats) w/PP I could find anywhere in TX

GTI S DSG 4 door w/PerformancePkg
Pure White
VW Cargo carpet cargo liner
MSRP (w/destination charge of $820) - $28,800

Options:
Upgraded GTI carpet mats - $235
Security wheel locks - $80

MSRP total - $29,115

My price - $27,115 before TT&L.

I got them to throw in a set of the rubber GTI Monster Mats so I have two sets carpet and rubber. I also took them up on 1.44% financing for 60 months, which was lower than any of the credit unions I could find.

I'm happy as I was pretty set on the color, the S trim and the PP. I was happy to find something without the more expensive options like lighting.

I drove down from Austin to Houston to get it as I didn't feel the local dealers could offer as much. Driving the back roads on the way home, I was really impressed and I'm lovin' the Performance Pkg!

RH
Austin, TX

Last edited:

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Longs story short. Autobahn 60 mi with LP and PP. Got it for $34400. I believe it was down from 36ish MSRP. bad module replacement car
Wait time many months fully loaded Autobahn with DCC LP and PP same price.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Turned my '12 2dr manual MK6 w/ 47k miles in (it was financed), rolled straight into a 3-year, 12k miles/year lease on a '15 CSG 2dr manual SE w/ LP paying 319/ mo. I'm happy. My payments went up 19$ a month, and I got to skip a month's payment.

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
Turned my '12 2dr manual MK6 w/ 47k miles in (it was financed), rolled straight into a 3-year, 12k miles/year lease on a '15 CSG 2dr manual SE w/ LP paying 319/ mo. I'm happy. My payments went up 19$ a month, and I got to skip a month's payment.

Were you upside down on your loan? Or was blue book > amount owed?

I hope you negotiated both transactions separately (the sale price of the 2012 GTI to the dealership and the lease of the Mk7) and then applied whatever portion of the excessive blue book to your new lease.

Hankster1

Picked up my 2015 GTI S 4dr DSG w/ Lighting Pkg, Rubber Mats, Wheel Locks and the "essential" First Aid Kit on April 17th. MSRP was $28,260. Invoice was $26,997. Paid $26,248. Bought it at Smithtown VW on Long Island. There wasn't much negotiation. They post pretty low prices on their website (26,448 in my case). I offered $26,000 and we agreed on $26,248 in less than a minute. I would highly recommend them. They were also one of the few dealers within 50 miles of me that had the color I wanted--Night Blue--in a 4dr S version. Tried using TrueCar first, but only one dealer had a better price and they wanted to add other crap--undercoating, nitros gas in the tires, door edging. So it wasn't better in the end.
Hankster

Astigmatism

4dr Autobahn DSG +LP
36-month lease, 12k miles/year
$1600 down (including delivery, title/registration, etc.), $359/month incl. taxes OTD