GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

gtiinmass

Happy to be a first time GTI owner!!! Thank you all for your valuable input!

2018 GTI Autobahn DSG in Dark Black Pearl

Included:

Monster Mats
Trunk Liner with VW CarGo Blocks
Splash Guards

Price breakdown:

MSRP: $37,475
Final Price: $31,650 + TTL
OTD: $34,115

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Happy to be a first time GTI owner!!! Thank you all for your valuable input!

2018 GTI Autobahn DSG in Dark Black Pearl

Included:

Monster Mats
Trunk Liner with VW CarGo Blocks
Splash Guards

Price breakdown:

MSRP: $37,475
Final Price: $31,650 + TTL
OTD: $34,115

Nice! Happy to see good deals coming back. ~$6k off sticker is pretty good for this early in the model year.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I got ripped for a Golf S at 20k out the door cause I was a foolish 18 year old but hey I got a 100k mile warranty so there is that.

edit: NEVER shop for monthly payments

dang nice car for an 18YO.....enjoy

props for admitting and most of us had learning curves at buying cars.

Mud

Joviemk7

Ready to race!
Agreed, never shop on what you can afford monthly. Always shop on price. But your price was not that bad, was it? I got my GSW S for $18,800 with 72k extended warranty.

Nah price isn’t SUPER bad also managed to get a 5.5k trade in on a 2010 Wolfsburg jetta with 125k miles kbb was around the same

Overall I love the car tho just a bit over priced I could have done better don’t even think you guys want to know the APR but now I have a credit score over 760 and I just barely turned 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FreeBullets

Car(s)
2018 GTI stage 1
Is this a good deal for a 2018 GTI Autobahn? Seems almost spot-on average based on TrueCar.

$32500 base price
$10250 trade in value (~$10500 trade-in on KBB (2012 base GTI), has a stage 1 tune, which should lower the value a bit)
3.9% APR / 60 mo.
$1000 VW rebate

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Is this a good deal for a 2018 GTI Autobahn? Seems almost spot-on average based on TrueCar.

$32500 base price
$10250 trade in value (~$10500 trade-in on KBB (2012 base GTI), has a stage 1 tune, which should lower the value a bit)
3.9% APR / 60 mo.
$1000 VW rebate
Seattle area.

Whats the MSRP? Other than TTL, is the dealer charging anything inaddition to the base price? Post 1936 should give you a baseline to compare. If you spend sometime on this thread, you will notice that most of the reported deals are better than TrueCar.

If the finance is through VW, dealer might not have much say on the APR.

I try not to include any trade-in during any of my car purchase. I have had good luck with CarMax or if i have time, i sell it to a private buyer. Have you tried CarMax or KBB cash offer from a nearby dealer.

FreeBullets

Car(s)
2018 GTI stage 1
Whats the MSRP? Other than TTL, is the dealer charging anything inaddition to the base price? Post 1936 should give you a baseline to compare. If you spend sometime on this thread, you will notice that most of the reported deals are better than TrueCar.

If the finance is through VW, dealer might not have much say on the APR.

I try not to include any trade-in during any of my car purchase. I have had good luck with CarMax or if i have time, i sell it to a private buyer. Have you tried CarMax or KBB cash offer from a nearby dealer.

MSRP is $37,500-$37,900. $150 doc fee.

I got a KBB instant offer for $9,900. I was planning on selling it privately. But the thing is, it's tax advantageous to trade in since that's $10k less I have to pay taxes on. So if there's a $2k gap between trade-in and private sale, and tax saved is $1k, that leaves $1k. That's starting to edge towards "not worth the hassle" and increased risk territory for me.

I'll keep negotiating and price shopping since I'm not in a huge rush (although I am impatient :)).

Does anyone know how APR plays into negotiation here?

coloradoark

I got a KBB instant offer for $9,900. I was planning on selling it privately. But the thing is, it's tax advantageous to trade in since that's $10k less I have to pay taxes on. So if there's a $2k gap between trade-in and private sale, and tax saved is $1k, that leaves $1k. That's starting to edge towards "not worth the hassle" and increased risk territory for me.

I'll keep negotiating and price shopping since I'm not in a huge rush (although I am impatient :)).

As I have understood it (just talked a deal that I did t do on a tuned Jetta) APR or any tune really doesn’t play in. I mean if anything, it actually could played negative to you. If it’s a dealer that is not tune friendly. Otherwise it doesn’t help because they simply can’t make any money on it. They have said it’s even harder to sell if it’s a tuned car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coloradoark

$32500 base price
3.9% APR / 60 mo.
$1000 VW rebate

For an Autobahn that does seem like a good deal. But with the other question, what is the dealer fee. There’s got to be one. LOL.

coloradoark

Think I did well.
2017 Golf R 6M With DAP, and APR Plus tune. Bought from a friend who is a bigger car nut than I am so meticulously pampered for the 15 months he owned it. 9000 miles. Got it for $32,000!

cb1111

As I have understood it (just talked a deal that I did t do on a tuned Jetta) APR or any tune really doesn’t play in. I mean if anything, it actually could played negative to you. If it’s a dealer that is not tune friendly. Otherwise it doesn’t help because they simply can’t make any money on it. They have said it’s even harder to sell if it’s a tuned car.

I think the poster is asking about APR (Annual Percentage Rate) not the tune.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

You might have a little wiggle room on your price but that depends on your location as well. Also the dealer doc fee is very nominal. In my state, there is a max cap with trade in tax value but its good to know that the tax difference equalizes the resale value.

Here is the info regarding VW's incentives for the month - https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43688.

lukiefred

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI 4 dr se PP,LIGHTING,DCC,driver assist,DSG

32,890 straight up

thrown in

perma plate
monster mats
door and edge cup guard
trunk hd mat with blocks

tax license and delivery to my door 3 hrs away

wait time less than 2 months

fully custom ordered

out the door financed 84 months $36,060.00 USD

financing interest rate 2.9%

a 1.9 or lower interest rate is great if your getting a lower end version car.

In addition the rate from 1.9 to 2.9 or even 4 is not that much when your talking1 % is like 20 dollars so dont sweat the interest rate

$20 per month for 84 months isn’t a big deal?!?! Dang, who cares about good credit I guess. It’s just money. : /

2.9 is good, but acting like 1% is insignificant is silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk