GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

erikweber321

Ready to race!
In 2015 I bought my 2015 Autobahn no dcc no performance, with lights, for 28,000. I bought tire/wheel protection and I think it was really worth it (used it for one wheel and 2 tiresso far). Also bought extended warranty to 100k(worth it for vws) and my OTD was 32,000 after taxes. I'm at 83k miles now. Love this thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

colliece

My Deal

I bought a 2018 GTI SE with Manual and Tartan Cloth Interior in Great Falls Green:

MSRP: $31,740 with accessories
Price: $26,360
Doc Fee: $589
Taxes: $809
Tag/Title: $147
Total Out The Door: $27,905

I think it is one hell of a deal, and if anyone is in the market give Frema Motors in out of the way Goldsboro, NC a shot. If you give them my name they will knock off an extra $100.

I did the deal online, drive a bit, was at the dealer for 45 minutes and drove home. Could not have been a better experience. They did not even have the car but bought if from another dealer who give me a price that was $2500 more, so don't know how they work that VooDoo Magic, but I am happy to be back in a GTI.

colliece

Great price/deal, but $589 for a doc fee...:eek:

I said the same thing, but it really doesn't matter to me where the dealer puts the dollars as long as the out the door prices is what you are looking at.

North Carolina has a 3% highway use tax, on the car and the doc fee, taxes, tag, etc, are exempt.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I bought a 2018 GTI SE with Manual and Tartan Cloth Interior in Great Falls Green:

MSRP: $31,740 with accessories
Price: $26,360
Doc Fee: $589
Taxes: $809
Tag/Title: $147
Total Out The Door: $27,905

Even with that doc fee, you have a great deal and congrats.

Steve-O

Passed Driver's Ed
Best market to buy on East Coast?

Hi all,

Brand new member here, been lurking for a couple months. Heading back to the states next month after 2+ years overseas. Planning on buying a new GTI S manual as well as a new Atlas.

I'm flying in to DC area and then visiting family in the Carolinas and Georgia. DC area dealers have the lowest online advertised prices I've seen, but doc/destination fees, other add-ons and tricks could certainly upset a seemingly good deal. What experience can you all share on specific dealers or markets in this area to help me get the best deal on two new VWs?

BTW, thanks to colliece for posting your written deal on your new SE!

Thanks in advance!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
What experience can you all share on specific dealers or markets in this area to help me get the best deal on two new VWs?

Below split up from the dealers will help you.
MSRP
Selling price without TTL
Destination fee
Dealer fee
Incentives included in selling price (do you qualify for all of them)

I contacted most dealers in that area and bought mine from Stohlman. Buying experience was very smooth.

This thread had several reports from the past and should give you enough info about it.

Last edited:

colliece

Below split up from the dealers will help you.
MSRP
Selling price without TTL
Destination fee
Dealer fee
Incentives included in selling price (do you qualify for all of them)

I contacted most dealers in that area and bought mine from Stohlman. Buying experience was very smooth.

This thread had several reports from the past and should give you enough info about it.

Stholman gave me a good price $28,305, but Frema beat it by $400 and I did not have to drive to Northern Virginia. But Stholman was great to deal with, the only thing is the prices on their website include incentives to finance with them, so just be informed. They did not have any high pressure tactics when I talked to them, they understood people shop for the best price. I found them to be a great place to start.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Stholman gave me a good price $28,305, but Frema beat it by $400 and I did not have to drive to Northern Virginia. But Stholman was great to deal with, the only thing is the prices on their website include incentives to finance with them, so just be informed. They did not have any high pressure tactics when I talked to them, they understood people shop for the best price. I found them to be a great place to start.

Yeah i had the same experience as well. Since i did not finance through the dealer, i paid $1000 extra (and destination fee) to the online listed price.

I was very happy with the experience and i would buy from them again.

Steve-O

Passed Driver's Ed
Forgot to come back and post my pricing breakdown but better late than never.
Bought 2 weeks ago, 2018 Manual GTI SE w/ cloth seats @ DC Beltway

MSRP: $30,470
+ Accessories: $420 (monster mats, roadside kit, cargo net)
+ Destination Charge: $850
= Total on window sticker: $31,740
- Discount: $4,820
= Price after discount: $26,920
+ TTL: $1,275
= Out-The-Door: $28,200

Chup, which dealer in MD did you end up going with?