GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Photography Thread!

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
it's iffy. my nickname in high school was sasquatch and all my friends still know me as sasquatch. thought id use it to my advantage.

everyone likes it so far cause it's a tongue twister haha

Fair enough, as long as the shots are good who cares right?

I like the new watermark man! Definitely fun to say and very clean looking!

Decided to break down and invest in the lens...

If you have a full frame whether Nikon or Canon (or even Sony), this lens is definitely worth it. Super super tack sharp, even at f1.4! And wide enough to use as an everyday walk around lens. Think I have found my new go to lens. [emoji16]

Very cool, I'm already eyeing what lenses to buy next and I've had my camera for less than 2 weeks :yikes:

Shot some shots today with the 35mm f1.4. This thing is stupid sharp and beautiful to shoot with!

DSC_3164 by Patrick NG Photography, on Flickr

Yup. Here is a better example at full f1.4:

View attachment 47123

Straight from the camera, no editing. Just converted from RAW to JPEG and size reduced to attach for this forum.

Gorgeous shots man.

Got mine for $800+taxes. Retails for $900. I found a couple on eBay for a tad bit less, but they were around the same price as a new one. I know, not a cheap lens, but definitely worth the price so far that I have used it.

I looked at the Rokinon, but the autofocus come in handy more often than not. ESPECIALLY if you are using this as your walk around lens. As much as I don't mind doing things manually, some times it is nice to just point and click. The autofocus on it is super fast as well! I think the lens "hunted" like once or twice on me when I was shooting DIRECTLY at the sun. But other than that, quick, fluid, and super easy to use.

The only con I would give this lens is it does weigh a little bit. If you are use to using the Nikon 50mm 1.8 (nifty fifty), this lens is about triple the weight. But compared to the Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 that I also use, and Nikon 80-200mm 2.8, it isn't bad and is the lightest out of the three, haha!

Damn.

Some edits from the walk around using that lens

DSC_3220 by Patrick NG Photography, on Flickr

DSC_3217 by Patrick NG Photography, on Flickr

DSC_3211 by Patrick NG Photography, on Flickr

And the edit of the flower I posted earlier:

DSC_3178 by Patrick NG Photography, on Flickr

:drool:

i pushed the living crap out of the d610 sensor the other day
this first image was pushed a couple stops and shadows were pushed all the way. virtually no visible grain to the naked eye. it's amazing.

CAE meet 2-18-15 095 by Sasquatch Snapshots, on Flickr

also like this shot so im sharing
CAE meet 2-18-15 084 by Sasquatch Snapshots, on Flickr

Great shots KWISS.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Very cool, I'm already eyeing what lenses to buy next and I've had my camera for less than 2 weeks :yikes:

I would say for your D7100, the 35mm f1.8 DX lens. Pretty cheap, but a nice quality lens/glass that works great all around. Good way to start into prime lens. And because you have a crop sensor, that lens is equivalent to a 50mm on a full frame.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
I would say for your D7100, the 35mm f1.8 DX lens. Pretty cheap, but a nice quality lens/glass that works great all around. Good way to start into prime lens. And because you have a crop sensor, that lens is equivalent to a 50mm on a full frame.

Yea, I have been using my dad's 50mm f1.8g lens a bit(I took the shot of my 1er with it), but the 35mm f1.8 looks like it'd be quite useful. I'll definitely have to pick one up once I have the spare cash.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion

Brendon

Ready to race!
First one shot at an HPDE event at Homestead last weekend and the second was shot at the Ferrari Challenge this weekend.