GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
I raced a hellcat charger once back when I was completely stock on that beautiful 200mi straight to Houston. I don’t think I even had time to make a single gear change before he let off and was 1/2mi up the road, they’re so stupidly fast it’s mind boggling. He could put busses on me at 25% throttle it seemed

This... raced a hellcat recently and felt like I was hanging on around 80. Once we got into triple digits it was like he was toying with me

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
This... raced a hellcat recently and felt like I was hanging on around 80. Once we got into triple digits it was like he was toying with me
Lol a quick Google search made me confident that it was a hellcat. The supercharger whine gave it away. 700+ wow. Those things must be a riot, do they turn???

GolNat

Autocross Champion
They don't like to turn. I watched a track comparo of a Hellcat, Camaro and Mustang and the Hellcat was comical. It's the only true "muscle" car IMO. It's a bad mofo.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Pulley's, headers, injectors, E85/meth and you're making ~1000. The blower inlet/tb is already big. They didn't leave much material left for porting.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Well one shouldn't bite off more than one can chew. Cars like the Hellcat may weigh and handle like a battleship, but they are blessed with a VERY large engine that can embarrass most of our modified 2 liter GTIs. I respect their power-to-weight ratio. Now at 62 yrs of age, I still get great satisfaction from embarrassing all the other V8 drivers who initiate and fail in their attempt at racing me in my slightly modified grocery getting MK7. After all these years of competing, their face expression of surprise still puts a smile on mine. And for some cocky drivers, I can’t help asking them respectfully “you running a V6 right”. Pisses them off everytime.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Left work and went for a drive. Came up behind a FR-S at a light. Loud exhaust lowered, looked really nice. Light turned green and it was a sweeping left turn. He gets on it so I follow and swing it wide into the right lane. I come around at the start of 3rd and walk him, but not as fast I thought I would. I’m a few cars ahead and I let off. We both come up to a Red light and I compliment him on his exhaust and said that his car was quicker then I thought it would be. He says thanks and says he has headers, high flow cat, exhaust and a tune. He compliments me and says that’s pretty quick. Yeah it’s Stage 2, and he says I figured it had something. I told him I’m saving up for a bigger turbo and he said he is saving up to add one. Light turns green and we both roll into it. We both get on it once we are into second gear and it’s a steady walk as I pull away. Gave him a thumbs up as he turned into WaWa. Nice guy and good looking FR-S.

If I was stock he would have probably had me.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Came across a blacked out challenger 392. Had some fun with him but anything above 75-80 and he was gone lol. Really makes me wanna go BT :(

GolNat

Autocross Champion
A chick in a Chrysler 200. Did not expect that but I was surprised when I went passed and looked over 😆. Was definitely the V6. I walked her with ease in 5th but if I was stock wouldn’t have happened. 295HP @ 3500 pounds not too shabby for a family sedan. Fearless windshield banner, pink zebra accents inside and some vinyl graphics on the hood over the headlights.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Beautiful day for a drive. Came up on a 76 or 78 MG MGB (his vanity tag said the year and MGB on it). He was going a nice steady pace with the top down just enjoying the car and ride. Went to pass him and he gave me a peace sign which is actually what I was going to do to let him know nice ride. It's nice seeing other car people on the road and everyone just showing love.

I had a neighbor who had an MG project car and that thing was a hoot to drive. I think I still had my permit when he let me drive it but it's one of those things you never forget. Pedals were hot from the engine, no syncros, and slow AF but it was a special experience.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Pulled bus lengths on a Prius today...he stopped for the yellow light

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Went to DMV today for my inspection. Due to covid they skipped the emissions testing so I’m good for another 2 years. Parked next to this T-tagged EcoBeast. They must be pretty confident to have a Gapplebees sticker! That would suck to get gapped by a Golf and have to take it off 😬

0BF22A47-10D9-4B80-B81C-F203595D449C.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Had a go with a Mustang. I think it was a newer 5.0 but I didn't think I'd be able to hold steady with newer 5.0's.

I was in the right lane which was ending. Older guy in a Mustang in the left lane. HE must have saw me coming because I saw his rear end squat so I punched it. His tires spun and when he got traction we were dead even. I grabbed 4th and I think he let off cause I passed him and got in front before the lane ended. He looked a little salty, it had T-Tags on it.

Maybe it wasn't a 5.0 it didn't say anywhere on it but it has a nice growl to it and quad exhaust 🤷‍♂️

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Had a go with a Mustang. I think it was a newer 5.0 but I didn't think I'd be able to hold steady with newer 5.0's.

I was in the right lane which was ending. Older guy in a Mustang in the left lane. HE must have saw me coming because I saw his rear end squat so I punched it. His tires spun and when he got traction we were dead even. I grabbed 4th and I think he let off cause I passed him and got in front before the lane ended. He looked a little salty, it had T-Tags on it.

Maybe it wasn't a 5.0 it didn't say anywhere on it but it has a nice growl to it and quad exhaust 🤷‍♂️
Cool story bro,
As long as was a v8 that is.
I haven't had an opportunity to do a roll with 5.0

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

I think the og Coyote would make around 360-380 stock, 400 and more depending on bolt ons and tune. Not sure what the newer gen engine does, and weighs a lot more than your car. The ecoboost sounds so wrong with a loud exhaust on it lol