GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

** The Official Beer Thread **

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion

Yet another craft beer to not be so... "craft". I really enjoy the craft beer movement we are having here in the US, but many of them are turning mainstream. I can't say its "bad" though because I welcome the change from the Miller or Budweiser days, but I guess I take issue with large companies having "craft" beer. On the flip side, I think it is the epitome of the American dream to start out unknown and small to becoming something profitable and mainstream.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
November 19th, Blue Earl Brewing in Smyrna, Delaware, is having their first bottle release (limited) of their Oak Barrel Aged Russian Imperial Stout. Will be from 5-9 for those who want to come out and try all the beers, shoot the shiz and talk VW and beer.

OnePerfectDose1

Ready to race!
Dogfish 90 is solid for sure, one of my go to beers along with Drakes Denogginizer. If your ever in Grand Rapids hit up Founders Brewing Co. Its the best brewery I've visited and they have some killer stouts and the atmosphere is awesome.

Actually came across a bar is San Francisco that has their beer on tap.

A good easy off the shelf grab on the west coast I'd lean toward a Knee Deep or Deschutes. Always consistent and a full line of great brew.

Marmot

Favorite local (Seattle) brew: Mac and Jack's African Amber
Favorite California brew: Russian River's Pliny the Elder
Favorite Belgian: Brasserie d'Achouffe's La Chouffe
Favorite gimmick brew: Alaskan's Winter Ale (spruce tips)

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
Innes & Gunn is pretty good

I'm an ipa guy , if you're in Delaware I'm sure you get Victory there, they make some good stuff. Actually had a few interesting craft beers yesterday at a place in an area you wouldn't expect it. The beer list was 3 pages long , could have sat there for hours and hours.

Last edited:

Tone1

Ready to race!
I'm about to bring this thread some heat over the next few days. First up KBS, bout two weeks or so past a year old. Coffee/espresso bitterness tends to fade after a year, but this isn't quite long enough for some of the more subtle flavors to really shine. After ~2 years much more comes out, such as anise, richer chocolates, and of course the bourbon, which loses its ethanol burn and allows the oak to shine.

(oz)

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm about to bring this thread some heat over the next few days. First up KBS, bout two weeks or so past a year old. Coffee/espresso bitterness tends to fade after a year, but this isn't quite long enough for some of the more subtle flavors to really shine. After ~2 years much more comes out, such as anise, richer chocolates, and of course the bourbon, which loses its ethanol burn and allows the oak to shine.

I rather liked their "Project Pam". Favorite all-time though has to be Stone's "Xocoveza".

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I haven't been in here in awhile but a few weeks back we went to Breckenridge to ski and stopped at Applejacks liquor store in Wheatridge, CO to load up before hitting the mountains. That place is a craft brew lover's haven!!! They feature a ton of CO craft brews and everything I tried was very very good.

Also tried out the Breckenridge Brewery, not bad either!

Tone1

Ready to race!
I rather liked their "Project Pam". Favorite all-time though has to be Stone's "Xocoveza".

Loved Xocoveza. Somehow didn't manage to try any of the Project Pam, I've been pretty underwhelmed with the backstage series over the last couple years so it wasn't too high on my radar, I hear it was very good though.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Anyone getting into the sours? I am a HUGE IPA fan and have been starting to get into the rather, how shall I say, potent aromas/tastes of vinegar and cry-baby sour candies being mixed into my beer. LOL, not really those same ingredients, but that's how a couple have tasted.

Almanac brewery in San Fran has a really good hoppy sour that tastes like sour IPA candy. Not sure how else to describe it.

Talon

Ready to race!
Anyone getting into the sours? I am a HUGE IPA fan and have been starting to get into the rather, how shall I say, potent aromas/tastes of vinegar and cry-baby sour candies being mixed into my beer. LOL, not really those same ingredients, but that's how a couple have tasted.

Almanac brewery in San Fran has a really good hoppy sour that tastes like sour IPA candy. Not sure how else to describe it.
One of our best local breweries, Due South, is expanding and are starting a sour series. I believe they've released a raspberry sour already but I missed the release. Looking forward to what they come up with.

MK7 GTI: ED stage 1.5

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Cheers!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk