GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

** The Official Beer Thread **

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Any craft beer drinkers here? I often travel to local beer fests here in Delaware and surrounding States. I often meet many VW enthusiasts at these events as well.

Some great local breweries here in Delaware.

1. Fordham&Dominion
2. Dogfish Head
3. Argilla Brewing Company
4. Mispillion Brewing
5. 16 Mile Brewing
6. Iron Hill Brewery
7. Stewart's Brewing Company
8. Blue Earl Brewing
9. Twin Lakes
10. 3rd Wave Brewing
11. Dewey Beach Beer Company (Coming Soon!)

My Untappd screen name: Slevin73

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Any craft beer drinkers here? I often travel to local beer fests here in Delaware and surrounding States. I often meet many VW enthusiasts at these events as well.

Some great local breweries here in Delaware.

1. Fordham&Dominion
2. Dogfish Head
3. Argilla Brewing Company
4. Mispillion Brewing
5. 16 Mile Brewing
6. Iron Hill Brewery
7. Stewart's Brewing Company
8. Blue Earl Brewing
9. Twin Lakes
10. Dewey Beach Beer Company (Coming Soon!)

My Untappd screen name: Slevin73

There is only one beer in my vocabulary: Guinness :D

I love craft beer as well. I try to frequent my local (Vancouver) breweries and am trying to get my fiancé to start liking beer haha

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

I love craft beer as well. I try to frequent my local (Vancouver) breweries and am trying to get my fiancé to start liking beer haha

Once you've had some real stouts, you'll never want a Guiness again. Haha! ;) Brooklyn Brewery makes a great Irish Style Stout. Tastes and pours like a Guiness, without the fish bladders.

160dB

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently started trying craft beers. Here are some of my favorite breweries, in no particular order.

Knee Deep Brewing Company
Heretic Brewing Company
Lagunitas Brewing Company
Ballast Point
Stone Brewing Co.

jjm51

Ready to race!

touche'!

me too.

for me;

chamay.

thick, malty, a huge alcohol content. yummy and fun. :D

that's the european in me.

2nd, the california beach kid in me likes mexican beers. especially after a day on the beach. darker mexican beers...

nice topic/thread baldilocks. thanks.

vrBilstein86

Ready to race!
If you ever have the opportunity to try this, DO IT! Bunch of micro breweries in San Diego (Stone, Ballast, etc..), I've tried beer all over Belgium, Czech, and Germany, and Tannen is by far the best.

thecytochromec

Ready to race!
Best in TX:

Real Ale
Revolver
Lakewood
No Label

There are tons of other breweries here but these are, in my opinion, the best and readily accessible in this state.

If you're in DFW try to get a Martin House, they're coming up in the craft brew scene pretty quick.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
touche'!

me too.

for me;

chamay.

thick, malty, a huge alcohol content. yummy and fun. :D

that's the european in me.

2nd, the california beach kid in me likes mexican beers. especially after a day on the beach. darker mexican beers...

nice topic/thread baldilocks. thanks.

If there's no Guinness, I'll do fine with a Stella, Alex Keith, Kornenbourg 1664 Blanc or Sam Adams.

But craft is definitely the way to go :)

Jasper3

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad I found this thread. As a rule of thumb I stay away from hops. Can't stand the taste it gives in beers like IPA. I like the regular pale ale's, ale's and beers like Sam Adams Octoberfest, Cold Snap, and Summer Ale. I want to try them all eventually. Not into the Beers that have fruit in them (although SA Summer Ale has a bit of lemon in it). Also whats the deal with this chocolate beer??????? Anyway I have an expectation of what Beer is supposed to be since I'm from Germany, and all this esoteric stuff doesnt do it for me. We're lucky enough to have a Growlers To Go store in our neighborhood, and also I found two local breweries but havent tried them yet. Soon.........very soon. Guinness Blonde wasnt bad but the real stuff is a bit too malty for me. They roast the barley and it's a bit strong, but once in a while I'll have some.

Overall I like a full body beer with limited to no hop flavor and no fruity or chocolaty crap.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I like pretty much every style of beer. :) I'm more of a Stout and IPA kinda guy.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Stout ok, but India Pale Ale is a no go. Too much hopps. It's almost peppery in its flavor. Hopps is very strong flavor.

That's now how I react to the taste. It's more citrusy and piney than anything. Slightly bitter. Def not peppery.

Nice to have dewey beach have their own brew. I may try that as i might go there for 4th of july

Yep. I'm anxious to try them as well.

Jasper3

Passed Driver's Ed
Piney yes, citrusy I would disagree. In any case I HATE the flavor. I certainly respect it's place in beer though, and some varieties of hops are milder than others (I want to say Noble Hops???) and some have the sense to use it lightly haha. Was planning to go to the breweries today but woke up this morning with vertigo and called off work and havent even showered yet. I'm almost back to 100% so we'll see.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Try some of the session IPAs. They are a lot lighter on the pallet.