GOLFMKV

The o2 Spacer Thread

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3

OEMPL+S

Ready to race!
I still do the spark plug defouler trick. Been working on my gutted downpipe setup for 5k miles.

Older post, but curious as to how you did that exactly as I'm thinking I probably will need to know so I don't have a CEL.

Also will gutted initial (1st) cat on a Golf R, support stage2 Uni or APR ?

Tks!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Older post, but curious as to how you did that exactly as I'm thinking I probably will need to know so I don't have a CEL.

Also will gutted initial (1st) cat on a Golf R, support stage2 Uni or APR ?

Tks!

With the prices on stock DP's...not sure you want to gut one😁. You might be better off just getting a third party DP and keep your factory one intact. I'm holding onto mine. With the prices being paid out by recyclers...it might be that much harder to find a stock DP further down the line.

OEMPL+S

Ready to race!
With the prices on stock DP's...not sure you want to gut one😁. You might be better off just getting a third party DP and keep your factory one intact. I'm holding onto mine. With the prices being paid out by recyclers...it might be that much harder to find a stock DP further down the line.

I may or may not, own two OEM R downpipes .... 1 on my car of course (for having one intact) .... theres a guy around these forums though .... he'll be pissed because he doesn't know how to read. Long story.
PS. the prices are rediculous (this one was getting up there, but kijiji so no taxes) but its factory fitment and quality sooooo sorta worth it unless someone wants to trade me lol.

Anyway I have one to modify now and basically I want to have it to use for stage 2 or whatever I want or just even to boost the power a little on the OEM stock tune.

Basically I need to know CRXgators secret mod ....

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I'm seeing recyclers paying upwards of $800 for a stock DP. That's looney. I remember just two years ago people were selling stock DP's for $150.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
That and if you'll need the stock DP for emissions.

OEMPL+S

Ready to race!
Well I'm hanging onto the one that came with the car and I am not gonna modify that one at all.

I would have rather ran an AWE downpipe as its no CEL usually but unfortunately I missed one by about 12 hours (like around 400 usd) .... muchhhhh pain.

Soooo anybody know crxgator ? he knows what to run for no codes on a gutted first cat oem downpipe so you dont get CEL .... he's done it on his alltrack and his A3.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/fs-2016-audi-a3-2-0tq-pp.378234/
look at what downpipe he's running and it's stg2

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/stealthy-is38-install.347361/post-7072878
making mention of said mod on his alltrack ....

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-o2-spacer-thread.375034/post-7452199
Then earlier in this thread .... he made mention of what he used on modded downpipe. but without detail. curses!

obviously stalking but he's got info I need.

I want the ability to have no CEL whether I'm OEM tune or stg 1-2 .... OEM power on the R is basically all's that's needed practically but I know modded OEM downpipes add a nice extra pull up top without fitment concerns.

crxgator made mention of a defouler .... hmmmm

OEMPL+S

Ready to race!
IIRC @TwinDad also runs a gutted OEM DP...

ya maybe he could chime in .... I think he runs a GTI one, not that it would make much difference. maybe he knows the defouler trick 🤞