GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
hmm, i'm not sure. i know they do great work with porsche. one of my subcontractors at work actually owns the 2003 911 turbo that the owner of 034 motorsports used to own. that car is a beast.

there are a few good tuners here on the east coast. prime motoring just ran 11.8s with the stock turbo on their 2015 wrx. of course that was on e85 and with pretty much every bolt on available lol.

What kind of launch are they using to get that?

All of the Subie insane 0-60 and 1/4 times are done with ridiculous clutch dumps that no owner would dream of doing to their car.

squall

Ready to race!
What kind of launch are they using to get that?

All of the Subie insane 0-60 and 1/4 times are done with ridiculous clutch dumps that no owner would dream of doing to their car.

he cut a 1.66 60ft that netted a 11.898 @115 mph. You have to slip the clutch not dump it in a subie, otherwise they tend to bog or break shafts. i've done both in the past. lol

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
he cut a 1.66 60ft that netted a 11.898 @115 mph. You have to slip the clutch not dump it in a subie, otherwise they tend to bog or break shafts. i've done both in the past. lol

My favorite phrase when I owned my WRX was "I would rather smell my clutch than hear my transmission!"

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, when I owned my WRX I avoided any hard launches. Cars like that are what help make roll races so "popular". Lulz.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
every car build goes the same. i try stage 2 and miss stage 1. i might try my stage 2 again later once a new resonator arrives, it is just too growly around town in bumper to bumper traffic. and its not a smooth growl either, its a raspy rough growl that doesnt sound too good. on this car just like my GTI, i feel 0-60 is faster n stage 1. The response is just a lot quicker in the lower end. I can make the whole car buck while shifting with stage 1 up to 60, cuz the power is so tight and strong. Can't do that on stage 2, after every shift it takes a second for power to build again. stage 1 doesnt have that problem, it stays tight.

squall

Ready to race!
every car build goes the same. i try stage 2 and miss stage 1. i might try my stage 2 again later once a new resonator arrives, it is just too growly around town in bumper to bumper traffic. and its not a smooth growl either, its a raspy rough growl that doesnt sound too good. on this car just like my GTI, i feel 0-60 is faster n stage 1. The response is just a lot quicker in the lower end. I can make the whole car buck while shifting with stage 1 up to 60, cuz the power is so tight and strong. Can't do that on stage 2, after every shift it takes a second for power to build again. stage 1 doesnt have that problem, it stays tight.

I think that is why I gave up on the small displacement turbo platform and went back to an lsx motor. It is just so simple to make good power with very little. A simple cai, long tubes and a fast 102 manifold and your at 400 to the wheels in a c6...safe and reliable.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I think that is why I gave up on the small displacement turbo platform and went back to an lsx motor. It is just so simple to make good power with very little. A simple cai, long tubes and a fast 102 manifold and your at 400 to the wheels in a c6...safe and reliable.

my average mpg is only 21 also.. every post i see is people getting 24-30.. i just dont get it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
my average mpg is only 21 also.. every post i see is people getting 24-30.. i just dont get it.

Ppl bullshit on forums you know this...

Every TDI owner averages 50+
I average 35.