GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The car is so sick.. its like an exotic to me. The Mishi pipe went back on as you saw in the latest video. I had no choice. It is the most fun car i have ever driven now. I can look into a resonator just in case there might be room but i don't think there is.

As much as this hurts to say... But sometimes sound is all it takes. If the car sounds good then it feels much faster too. Brain is a scumbag ;)

Your car sounds really nice now. I would add OEM sti brakes and wheels and call it a day.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
As much as this hurts to say... But sometimes sound is all it takes. If the car sounds good then it feels much faster too. Brain is a scumbag ;)

Your car sounds really nice now. I would add OEM sti brakes and wheels and call it a day.

ya right... it doesnt feel faster.. it is far faster. virtual dynojet dyno from my latest log run at 295 tq to the wheels.. and that is fairly accurate, i even added my body weight.

i would like some better brakes in front. maybe soon. very specific years of STI fit, i gotta refresh on that. I would like new oem STI brakes from a 2005-2008 or whatever, but i bet that would cost $4000...

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
That car, the boat it is was designed to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson to the beer gut, Tommy Bahama crowd.....cause Murican straight line muscle dont need no 'phistication' dude! :)

Hellcat handles as well as a STI.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
unfortunately that super fast map rev i posted about a page ago is a bit too aggressive for my engine. figures. so i am on the next rev now, and its not as fast. That's what i hate about the custom tuning process. You always have to experience a super fast map that you won't be able to use long term. That's how they find the limits. I loved the stage 2 with that one map, and now its not very exciting again after they had to dial it back. I'm not excited every time i drive it anymore, now its just good. i probably went from 295wtq down to 280wtq.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
So much buzzkill... is this the case with other engines or just yours? If it's just yours, is there an explanation or solution? Major bummer.

mostly california 91 gas.

on my last video the "mishimoto drive" video, that was the crazy tune which i loved every second of. i stated that i will put up with the noise in exchange for this super exciting power. now if the power is a lot less when i get my final revision of a tune, this could change my whole decision. The noise isn't my favorite, and if the power doesnt make up for it, i may not stay with that pipe. Then i would have to decide on 2 things. Either go back to the shorty J pipe, or else back to a straight stage 1, which i also loved for its power and quietness.

These are the virtual dyno numbers i pulled off all my logs yesterday, remember "stage 1+" is stage 2.

Stage 1 Final: 234hp/290tq

Stage 1+ Rev 1: 239hp/278tq
Stage 1+ Rev 2: 246hp/295tq
Stage 1+ Rev 3: 254hp/286tq

Last edited:

squall

Ready to race!
Do you have any reputable accessport/ ecutek tuners out by you? wouldn't it just be easier to have one custom dyno/ road tune done rather than trying to find the "be all end all" tune with all these rev's? That is what i did with my subarus. It was strong, safe and reliable...one and done.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Do you have any reputable accessport/ ecutek tuners out by you? wouldn't it just be easier to have one custom dyno/ road tune done rather than trying to find the "be all end all" tune with all these rev's? That is what i did with my subarus. It was strong, safe and reliable...one and done.

i think 034 motorsports tunes WRX's, but they're not my favorite company in the last few years.

squall

Ready to race!
i think 034 motorsports tunes WRX's, but they're not my favorite company in the last few years.

hmm, i'm not sure. i know they do great work with porsche. one of my subcontractors at work actually owns the 2003 911 turbo that the owner of 034 motorsports used to own. that car is a beast.

there are a few good tuners here on the east coast. prime motoring just ran 11.8s with the stock turbo on their 2015 wrx. of course that was on e85 and with pretty much every bolt on available lol.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

Pretty much decided this chassis noise is the engine flexing. I have a pitch stop mount coming this week to hopefully resolve it.

Last edited: