GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Yes, all the ones that have come in around the Bay area have sold for $85k+.

When you see one you can at least enjoy the fact that the owner has more cash/debt than brains.

When I got my Jeep the finance guy said a guy bought one from him the week before for $90k and only put $5k down. Worst part? He refused gap insurance even though it was a few hundred bucks and the finance guy tried to make him understand why he really needed it.

:p

If that is true then I am just dumb founded.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i saw a Renegade in real life today, its awesome. wish i could afford a 3rd car for a commuter.

got my new downpipe installed tonight. might be too loud, but it was in the garage. ill do more testing tomorrow. Cobb makes a quieter one. videos are made, but im not publishing them till tomorrow. late night is a terrible time to release a new video, it will be lost in the feed by morning.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
My local dodge dealership is asking $90k for a USED challenger hellcat with 700 miles on it.

That car, the boat it is was designed to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson to the beer gut, Tommy Bahama crowd.....cause Murican straight line muscle dont need no 'phistication' dude! :)

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Mishimoto J-Pipe Install Part 1

Mishimoto J-Pipe Install Part 2 (Hear the start up at the end.)

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
its so fucking fast. but its too loud and unweildy for a daily driver at my age. im going back one step to the front j-pipe only. that was the perfect middle ground. here is a sample of the insane mishimoto power before i took it off a few mins ago.

and my Dynojet Virtual dyno.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
its so fucking fast. but its too loud and unweildy for a daily driver at my age. im going back one step to the front j-pipe only. that was the perfect middle ground. here is a sample of the insane mishimoto power before i took it off a few mins ago.

and my Dynojet Virtual dyno.

Funny you say that it's too loud at your age. It sounds pretty quiet, but I understand your comment. This weekend I am changing the exhaust back out on the Mustang. I put the Ford Racing (Borla) catback on with the X-Pipe about 6 months ago and it's NASTY loud. I am not 17 anymore, so it's not working out. I bought an H-Pipe to replace the resonator on the OEM catback and will be putting that on instead to quiet it down.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Funny you say that it's too loud at your age. It sounds pretty quiet, but I understand your comment. This weekend I am changing the exhaust back out on the Mustang. I put the Ford Racing (Borla) catback on with the X-Pipe about 6 months ago and it's NASTY loud. I am not 17 anymore, so it's not working out. I bought an H-Pipe to replace the resonator on the OEM catback and will be putting that on instead to quiet it down.

ya i dunno im torn like always. its in my nature. but for now, the mishi is out and my j-pipe is back in.

Last edited:

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
ya i dunno im torn like always. its in my nature. but for now, the mishi is out and my j-pipe is back in.

Totally makes sense. Gotta do what feels/works best for you. Its your ride and the only judge. When tuning we all face that.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Totally makes sense. Gotta do what feels/works best for you. Its your ride and the only judge. When tuning we all face that.

a few people in the "drive" video agree it doesnt sound too good thru first gear and the strain. im amazed that a simple stage 2 setup can be this rough on a car. i mean nothings happened yet, and the power is SICK.. i won't really believe anything will happen until it does.

i was all set to reinstall the mishimoto after fixing my bracket issues.. but then i wake up to a dozen video comments all kind of thinking the same thing, the stage 2 is huge power.. but a hair risky. i mean what fun is that.. how am i supposed to enjoy it? i wont be slamming gears or popping the clutch, thats for sure.

i had a great idea tho. this is only my rev #2. no doubt the power will be dialed back a bit by Bren before this is done. just to bring it a tiny bit safer and get rid of that -1.41 feedback I experienced on the WOT run.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
super busy day. all my car decisions first and foremost. have to find a tap and die in M10x1.25 pitch to fix a bracket.

We both have Thai massages scheduled to celebrate:

our new sleep number P6 bed finally arriving after 3 WEEKS of sleeping on a blow up on the floor.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I made 3 other short videos before this one, but they were just minor update vids. You know where to find them if you really want to.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That rasssppppp :laugh: Sounds like my E46 M3

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The car is so sick.. its like an exotic to me. The Mishi pipe went back on as you saw in the latest video. I had no choice. It is the most fun car i have ever driven now. I can look into a resonator just in case there might be room but i don't think there is.