GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
word word. glad you like the sound, I need to hear one still. My few friends that got the new rex, all have base models or a premium maybe. None with HK either.

That review with the Golf R vs the STI tho.. interesting stuff there... Max probably knows off the top of his head, but what is the true difference this time around with base vs premium on the R? I haven't been keeping up. But dang, if a MK7 R MT is like $36K-ish, give it 6-12 months, probably get that bad boy down $33,500-$34K from a dealer who needs to move it. Could be enticing.

Base R Msrp is around 36k. That's for dsg. Manual will be. Around $1200 less and get it at invoice even less. So 33k is doable.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
The radio and nav upgrade is just a rumor right now. We will see if that actually happens.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, he's funny. but good kid, i guess.

uh ya hes good.. he just got his press passes from a few manufacturers.. he has been waiting for those for years, until he was old enough. Chevy themselves gave him that Colorado to review for a whole week.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
of course. some guys like VW's and nothing else. passionate brand.

vdubforlife :laugh:

I'll see what others offer I guess. One more quote like that and I'll smash my dick in a car door, proceed to write a $6k check to have my R painted reflex silver, and stay in it until I die.

why not do a vinyl wrap for cheaper.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I wish I had got the CVT every day though. SF Bay Area isn't the place to have a manual. What's done is done, so i'll just enjoy the manual when i can, which is very rare occasions when there is no traffic.

I think the Cobb Tuner will fix a lot of this for me. For $650. The problem is 1st gear is so short, its kinda hard to get going quick from a stop, because you have to shift in like 1.5 seconds. I think having a little more power available in every gear will make the shifting less frequent somehow. Only at 400 miles though, gotta wait a while longer.

And I do plan to get the Bren Tuning file to put on the Cobb once I have it. Supposedly it offers twice the gains of the COBB shelf file, (+40hp vs +20hp) and is safer also. You send them a few logs and they custom make it accurate for your car. For another $200 on top of your Cobb Accessport price.

Last edited:

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
I actually called a place about it today. The first one ballparked it at $3500. I thought "dang, I was hoping to spend $2k tops if I do it at all. I better call another place." So I did and this place said $6500. No joke. $6500.

For vinyl!?!??!?!! Brah, you could wrap it yourself panel by panel and save fucking thousands.

A local e90 guy did it with no prior experience. The only time he needed help was for the hood and it wasn't because it was difficult, per se, but because it makes life easier when trying to take all the air bubbles out and keeping the creases to a minimum.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
For vinyl!?!??!?!! Brah, you could wrap it yourself panel by panel and save fucking thousands.

A local e90 guy did it with no prior experience. The only time he needed help was for the hood and it wasn't because it was difficult, per se, but because it makes life easier when trying to take all the air bubbles out and keeping the creases to a minimum.

Yeah, off the chain expensive for wrap. Unreal. The guy that does clear bra for my dealer just got back to me and estimated $1500. That I can live with.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Yeah, off the chain expensive for wrap. Unreal. The guy that does clear bra for my dealer just got back to me and estimated $1500. That I can live with.

I would pay that. A roll big enough to cover my car is 400-500 from 3M alone. Then there's the tool kit which runs you roughly 150 on eBay for decent stuff. You're under 1k in labor for a job that's extremely time consuming.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

Depends on the film thickness + color
Gloss or matte black wont be the same price as a metallic chrome color

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
What were you planning on having him wrap it in, reflex silver type of color, right? I Would call and ask about the specifics (Is it 3m or from a similar respective company?).

Yeah, as close to reflex silver as possible. I think this guy only uses 3M but I can be wrong about that. If it's not the good stuff I probably won't do it. It's not cheap but I do have a little tax money and bonus money that I was just planning on saving up so I might treat myself since there is no way I can get a wrx without losing my shirt. Makes sense to dump more money into a car that had me by the balls, right?

:laugh: