GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
average mpg risen from 8 to 14 so far, just on (1) 10 minute freeway trip.

after my 2nd freeway trip to work, it went from 14 - 17.9. still climbing every day. Also, the distance to empty is climbing every day to match. It now says 220 miles left and the tank is just under 3/4 right now. But, when i left the dealership it had said 120 miles left.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'10 GTI, miata, vers
after my 2nd freeway trip to work, it went from 14 - 17.9. still climbing every day. Also, the distance to empty is climbing every day to match. It now says 220 miles left and the tank is just under 3/4 right now. But, when i left the dealership it had said 120 miles left.

plac gets rid of car because the fuel computer sucks

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Out of curiosity, why didn't you reset the computer from when it sat at the dealership? Especially if they idled it a whole lot for the first 9 miles of its life.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Out of curiosity, why didn't you reset the computer from when it sat at the dealership? Especially if they idled it a whole lot for the first 9 miles of its life.

because i had too much on my mind, and didnt even know how at that point. now i know you can hold down the enter button, but ill just let it fly at this point. i suppose i could reset it NOW.. but i dont really care.

tons of small tips and thoughts coming in the next video.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
because i had too much on my mind, and didnt even know how at that point. now i know you can hold down the enter button, but ill just let it fly at this point. i suppose i could reset it NOW.. but i dont really care.

tons of small tips and thoughts coming in the next video.

Was just curious is all since you were measuring the rolling MPG average. Would be much much higher without the extended idle times.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
catching up on this now.. epic shit is epic. :claps: love it.

Limited = cash money spent.

How much off MSRP did you get? I apologize if I asked that before.

And yes STI gearing has always been VERY short and is not so fun around town.

WRX is a great vehicle to choose for youtube hits. Would have been even better awhile back, but the vids on the 2015 are getting a lot of views, no doubt about it.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
catching up on this now.. epic shit is epic. :claps: love it.

Limited = cash money spent.

How much off MSRP did you get? I apologize if I asked that before.

And yes STI gearing has always been VERY short and is not so fun around town.

WRX is a great vehicle to choose for youtube hits. Would have been even better awhile back, but the vids on the 2015 are getting a lot of views, no doubt about it.

Can't remember how much I got off really. I'd have to look the the last 20'pages to find it. I think it was right around 2000 off, maybe 1800.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, just found it, I think it was around there. So the HK is decent, yes? better than the Dynaudio in the GTI, you said?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, just found it, I think it was around there. So the HK is decent, yes? better than the Dynaudio in the GTI, you said?

Msrp 34192
Price paid 32369

The HK is hands down better than the GTI. But it should be, it has an 8" subwoofer in the rear deck. I see a lot of videos with people saying the 2015 wrx stereo sucks. Those are the guys who don't have the HK option....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
makes sense.. their electronics / nav are usually the worst. watching your vids now...

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I would have preferred the HK without the navigation but they don't offer that combo on a limited trim. If you want HK you have to get nav. I think they might offer HK standalone on the lower premium trim, but then you lose out on leather, power seat and hids.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the headlights are LED. I think you may be able to swap the lower trim headlights with bulbs, same with the "hawk eye" / "C" brow thing as well... I'd only want the limited for the headlights otherwise, dont need leather or power seat, really. I just priced a premium with HK, STI CBE, STI front lip, auto dimming mirror, and armrest extension and it was like $31,200.. that's not too bad really.

Just watched about 3 of the vids. I am surprised in some way, that you didn't know a few of the things you were getting on the car.. but maybe not that surprised ;) it was fun to watch tho. You can see how excited you are in it. It's a very different driving experience.