GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The 'New' GTI officialy priced (UAE)

dasGTI2

Hey man,

Did they actually tell you that your car has arrived? Thats strange.. then mine must have too. They told me it will arrive on Tuesday, the 25th.
iMan, I hope I get it soon too. I can't wait. Dynaudio was something I really wanted :( But getting the GTI is much more important now..

Haha, I can't believe they let you drive the A3 yourself. The salesman, Ahmed Abdullah, I know the guy and he said he doesn't trust me.. -_-

Anyways, you chose a really good color. Saw one in the showroom last month and it was fully booked. Only the Night Blue and Titanium Black was available. How is your salesperson btw?
I haven't even paid the downpayment yet, the showroom guys keep delaying.

Keep in touch regarding your car :)

HI,
I got the call last Monday that the car had arrived and i could take delivery next Thursday-27th,or the week after that. I had refused to pay the down payment till the salesperson could give me a date for delivery. So ill be doing that on Sunday now.
The salesperson has been good. Seems honest and was very forthcoming regarding the car coming from Saudi and possibility of delays due to customs. Apparently Saudi customs are super strict and very rigid.

As for the Audi: I had gone for the test drive after work. dressed in formals and I was with a friend, she was also dressed formally because of work. I guess we looked like a "responsible, married couple" looking for our first car together. Either way i now know that works and should do more test drives often!:D

As for the GTI, My first choice was indeed Night Blue, but then decided on the Carbon Grey after seeing it in the flesh.

Will definitely keep this forum posted about my car. Everyone has been super helpful with information!

Also Sanaveed90, i had responded to your post in the other thread. Lets stick to just one thread? This one?

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
HI,
I got the call last Monday that the car had arrived and i could take delivery next Thursday-27th,or the week after that. I had refused to pay the down payment till the salesperson could give me a date for delivery. So ill be doing that on Sunday now.
The salesperson has been good. Seems honest and was very forthcoming regarding the car coming from Saudi and possibility of delays due to customs. Apparently Saudi customs are super strict and very rigid.

As for the Audi: I had gone for the test drive after work. dressed in formals and I was with a friend, she was also dressed formally because of work. I guess we looked like a "responsible, married couple" looking for our first car together. Either way i now know that works and should do more test drives often!:D

As for the GTI, My first choice was indeed Night Blue, but then decided on the Carbon Grey after seeing it in the flesh.

Will definitely keep this forum posted about my car. Everyone has been super helpful with information!

Also Sanaveed90, i had responded to your post in the other thread. Lets stick to just one thread? This one?

Yea, lets just stick to this thread.. Hahha I really cracked up about the Audi test drive.

I really hope I can receive the car this week as well.
Its been a real pain travelling back and forth dxb to shj and vice versa.

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
So I had gone to the showroom yesterday and clicked a pictured for you guys whoever were interested in the scaled models.

Sorry for the shitty quality, I had to resize the image.

Anyways, the smallest was 1:87 which was AED 84.
Then, 1:43 which was AED 152.
And 1:18 which was AED 338.

My car arrives anytime this week, and then they take 8 days for PDI -_-

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 473

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
So I had gone to the showroom yesterday and clicked a pictured for you guys whoever were interested in the scaled models.

Sorry for the shitty quality, I had to resize the image.

Anyways, the smallest was 1:87 which was AED 84.
Then, 1:43 which was AED 152.
And 1:18 which was AED 338.

My car arrives anytime this week, and then they take 8 days for PDI -_-

Hey, thanks for that! I visited the showroom today and I have my eyes on a few things which i shall pick up sometime soon!

dasGTI2

And it's here!!

So then,
I was expecting to pick up the GTI on Sunday, but its here!!!!! And its pretty awesome!!
Fit and finish perfect, everything about the car feels right.
It was parked in the showroom waiting to be picked up and it got a lot of attention! Helps that there was no other gti in the showroom for customers to see :p.
There was the euro-spec R though.

have barely driven it, getting the hang of it for now.
Though, there are a few things i really wish it had: Electrically folding mirrors and a radio with a decent fm reception. The reception is absolutely horrible. Anyone else with the same problem?

Ill be posting pics later. Havent gotten round to taking any decent ones yet

Sanaveed90, I expect yours is in the country too and you should be receiving it soon!

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
So then,
I was expecting to pick up the GTI on Sunday, but its here!!!!! And its pretty awesome!!
It was parked in the showroom waiting to be picked up and it got a lot of attention! Helps that there was no other gti in the showroom for customers to see :p.

Though, there are a few things i really wish it had: Electrically folding mirrors and a radio with a decent fm reception. The reception is absolutely horrible. Anyone else with the same problem?

Sanaveed90, I expect yours is in the country too and you should be receiving it soon!

Congratulations! :D

Ditto with the folding mirrors and bad radio reception! Got on my nerves in the beginning, now never use the radio :D, only ipod!

Lack of folding mirrors still gets to me....:mad:

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
So then,

Congrats dasGTI :)
I am waiting for the pictures!!
Thats a bummer about the FM.. oh well!!

I haven't got any call yet about the GTI :(
I was told I'll have it by the end of March so I am hoping I do :/ Highly unlikely though!

Enjoy the car buddy :)

N

dasGTI2

Thank you!
Here are a couple of not so great pics
shrwm1.jpg

road1.jpg

Taken from a phone, quality is crap.

Question:
I have the Media-In option with the iphone4 compatible connector (as i guess all of you in the middle east have) for the radio but theres also a USB port available in the armrest compartment. Is that not active? I tried plugging in my Android phone to charge there and no response. Even USB sticks dont work.
So are we forced to get another MDI cable with usb attachment to charge the phone and use a USB drive for music??

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Congrats! The USB port on mine works for charging only

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
As Kindi said, the usb port for mine works for charging only, its a part of the smoker package apparently.

If you get the usb mdi connector, that would work as a usb input for media only.

Last edited: