GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The 'New' GTI officialy priced (UAE)

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Hey, congratulations on the order!

It depends on which vkool series you choose. I have the basic signature series(58% heat rejection) that's more than enough in my opinion. That would cost Aed 1050 for all windows and visor.

What i did was signature k28 (30% darkness) on all windows and then added signature h20 (40% darkness) on the two back back windows and rear windscreen on top of the k28 which makes it around 55% darkness once the two films bond. That was an extra 750 for a total of Aed 1800.

Hope that helps :)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
What does the full option include?

Do you have the bigger screen with navigation? Dcc?

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea, its the same as yours..
Xenon, Leather, Sunroof, Reversing Camera etc..
I later got to find out that it does not include the bigger 8 Inch screen with 60 GB if I am not mistaken. I saw it in the Motor show in Dubai and fell in love with it.
We are missing out soo much in the Middle East, No DCC, no driver profile..

Other than that I just need the car now.. Can't wait. Golf R might come out in a couple of months according to the guy in Al Nabooda. Around July, same time the S3 comes. I really wanted to go for the Audi A3. But 1.8T doesn't really do justice. Plus its around AED139k for the full options. 19inchers and all..

Finally, test drove both of them i.e. the GTI and the A3. GTI all the way!! Did not even think twice before booking.

Thanks MukulJuriagtimk7 its not that expensive what I originally had in mind then.
Al Nabooda Showroom in Dubai now have the scale models for the GTI, only in Red and White, and only 3Dr Models.

Some of the other accessories are nice as well. They have a couple of 19 inch rims on display as well, and they look soo much better than the 18inchers we are getting. Apparently, they aren't for sale yet.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
I later got to find out that it does not include the bigger 8 Inch screen with 60 GB if I am not mistaken. I saw it in the Motor show in Dubai and fell in love with it.

Other than that I just need the car now.. Can't wait. Golf R might come out in a couple of months according to the guy in Al Nabooda. Around July, same time the S3 comes. I really wanted to go for the Audi A3. But 1.8T doesn't really do justice. Plus its around AED139k for the full options. 19inchers and all..

Finally, test drove both of them i.e. the GTI and the A3. GTI all the way!! Did not even think twice before booking.

Thanks MukulJuriagtimk7 its not that expensive what I originally had in mind then.
Al Nabooda Showroom in Dubai now have the scale models for the GTI, only in Red and White, and only 3Dr Models.

Some of the other accessories are nice as well. They have a couple of 19 inch rims on display as well, and they look soo much better than the 18inchers we are getting. Apparently, they aren't for sale yet.

Thats awesome! Yeah and you're right, GTI over the A3 anyday! The new A3 interior really puts me off and so does the price and fun factor that the GTI has.

As for the accesories, thanks for the info, been waiting a while for them to get it! :D

As for the Golf R its already reached Dubai this week, VW middle east has a few doing runs at autodrome for press and car mags etc. Shouldn't be long now!

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey :D

There were two scale models there. I think 1:28. Really small. Smaller than your palm if you hold it. And the other was 1:14. Or 16. Don't remember.

The 1:14 was around 200ish. Close to 300. And the small one was 100ish. Dirhams!!
Besides that they have keychains, mugs, pens, books, baby seat for the gti. A lot of stuff !!

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea saw the Golf R video up posted by motoring Middle East.
The interior is a little overkill of the A3 I agree. But I really like the sliding LCD that pops up. Kinda cool!! As you said, expensive none the less.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Hey :D

There were two scale models there. I think 1:28. Really small. Smaller than your palm if you hold it. And the other was 1:14. Or 16. Don't remember.

The 1:14 was around 200ish. Close to 300. And the small one was 100ish. Dirhams!!
Besides that they have keychains, mugs, pens, books, baby seat for the gti. A lot of stuff !!

My GTI MODEL and mug :D

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2392

dasGTI2

Anytime, congratulations on the first purchase :D

Heres some pics of my dads car after detailing at Zain last month. Its from my phone so not that great :p

This was the first time dad agreed to a detail in 4 years, so it wouldnt be as nice as a car that is done every year :p

As for the thrashing...well its a gti :p You gotta enjoy it XD

Hey,
Sorry for the late reply.
Really good pics. Can practically see your reflection. I have been asking around about the detailing. havent decided what to go with yet

dasGTI2

Hey Guys,

Booked for a new GTI last month and now I am expecting it next week. The wait was unbearable. 25th mostly.. Following this forum for a while and quite helpful.
Planning to do a vkool tint as soon as I get it. Any idea how much it will cost approximately?

Hey,
As mentioned on another post, I also booked a Carbon Grey GTI last month from the same dealer. And I got a call from them this week mentioning that the car has arrived and I would get it on Thursday, the 27th. Its been a long wait!

Any chance we could push the sales persons for some free accessories? :) cups, models, mugs, whatever possible!

dasGTI2

I also test drove a red A3 1.8T with the 19" wheels before i booked the GTI.
Just as I was about to test drive the car, the salesperson had someone come in to meet him. So he just handed me the keys and said I could go ahead alone. Suffice to say i absolutely hammered it around the 2 mini roundabouts behind the showroom a few times. Was fun. Ultimately chose the GTI though. There's just something about it.

As for the options, we are really missing out on a few things - DCC and the Dynaudio. I would like to have had the 19' Santiago rims but apparently you cant have them if you've chosen the Sunroof option. And this applies to the rest of the world too

sanaveed90

Passed Driver's Ed
I also test drove a red A3 1.8T with the 19" wheels before i booked the GTI.
Just as I was about to test drive the car, the salesperson had someone come in to meet him. So he just handed me the keys and said I could go ahead alone. Suffice to say i absolutely hammered it around the 2 mini roundabouts behind the showroom a few times. Was fun. Ultimately chose the GTI though. There's just something about it.

As for the options, we are really missing out on a few things - DCC and the Dynaudio. I would like to have had the 19' Santiago rims but apparently you cant have them if you've chosen the Sunroof option. And this applies to the rest of the world too

Hey man,

Did they actually tell you that your car has arrived? Thats strange.. then mine must have too. They told me it will arrive on Tuesday, the 25th.
Man, I hope I get it soon too. I can't wait. Dynaudio was something I really wanted :( But getting the GTI is much more important now..

Haha, I can't believe they let you drive the A3 yourself. The salesman, Ahmed Abdullah, I know the guy and he said he doesn't trust me.. -_-

Anyways, you chose a really good color. Saw one in the showroom last month and it was fully booked. Only the Night Blue and Titanium Black was available. How is your salesperson btw?
I haven't even paid the downpayment yet, the showroom guys keep delaying.

Keep in touch regarding your car :)