GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The 'New' GTI officialy priced (UAE)

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sweet, i guess these prices will be the same for the rest of the gulf. I called the Dubai Dealer and they said "partially leather seats" is a mistake. and they will be full leather :"(

Damn it....

gtiw7

Ready to race!
hmmm there are getting really ambiguous now... they made it a harder decision to choose between the two packages :confused: I guess I'll wait and see for my eyes

Go Kart Champion
I noticed there is no "panoramic sunroof" option in the Dubai website, so i got worried and contacted the Oman dealer and they said Dubai is a cost-specific market. and we are a option-specific market lol

so ours will have the panoramic sunroof but will be more expensive. still awaiting the final price as they didn't finalize everything

why is it a hard decision gtiw7? you'll get bi-xenons, DRLs, rear view camera amongst other options (panoramic sunroof for me). thats a no brainer for me. i want them all :D

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I noticed there is no "panoramic sunroof" option in the Dubai website, so i got worried and contacted the Oman dealer and they said Dubai is a cost-specific market. and we are a option-specific market lol

so ours will have the panoramic sunroof but will be more expensive. still awaiting the final price as they didn't finalize everything

why is it a hard decision gtiw7? you'll get bi-xenons, DRLs, rear view camera amongst other options (panoramic sunroof for me). thats a no brainer for me. i want them all :D

panoramic roof is there, http://www.volkswagen-dubai.com/en-vwme/models/golf-gti/trimlevel_overview.s9_trimlevel_detail.suffix.html/golf~2Fpackage-2.html#/tab=d05cee80ddfb48fcf3caae6b0c44edd3 just click on "optional features" :D

I want them all as well, (panoramic roof, bi-xenons, DRLs and rear view camera) Luckily these particular options can be added to package 1 in Bahrain :D but full leather is a deal breaker for me! you should come and check the weather here it's nowhere near as good as Oman LOL

So if I opt for package 1 with all the additional goodies I'll end up with a package 2 less leather and 8" screen which's only an option available for package 2

Go Kart Champion
Oh didn't notice the optional features, so that 133,900 Dirhams is without it right?

that's awesome, but you will have to wait until the car is built and stuff? 3 months?

I'll see if i can swap my seats with someone who has a package 1 :D

gtiw7

Ready to race!
yup 133,900 Dirhams is for the base package 2 without (8" Discover Pro screen, sunroof or 19" wheels)

what three months!!? :'( I can adapt with leather but I can't adapt with extra 3 months LOL
last time I visited the dealer they said the first batch was ordered with rear view camera, I didn't ask about the sunroof or Bi-xenon though...thats why I'll wait until the car arrives to decide

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
yup 133,900 Dirhams is for the base package 2 without (8" Discover Pro screen, sunroof or 19" wheels)

what three months!!? :'( I can adapt with leather but I can't adapt with extra 3 months LOL
last time I visited the dealer they said the first batch was ordered with rear view camera, I didn't ask about the sunroof or Bi-xenon though...thats why I'll wait until the car arrives to decide

Hey, just joined the forum as I just picked up my Night Blue MK7 gti. I paid the 133,900 and its with Bi xenons, Leather, "Panoramic" roof, camera, auto park and 18" rims etc as you guys were discussing. Its 133,900 for two options, pano and 18" or without pano and 19". They say you cant have both as theres too much vibration from the 19" which affect the rigidity of the pano.

I must say though KindiGti, our cars are almost identical. I just put vkool right after i got the car, from showroom to vkool straight after delivery. I put the K28 film all around and the for the rear windows and rear windscreen i added H20 on top of the K28. They molded the films together, really awesome i must say. Apart from the tint, i think our cars are exactly the same.

I originally ordered a limestone grey(which i slowly started to regret) which was scheduled for deliver in the end of october but kept getting pushed and now is coming in december. I wanted a white but they have 123 cars on order which should be here in december out of which a 100 are white....so yeah. I then got a call from the dealer saying he has one Night Blue which someone cancelled but its here. I looked online and found this forum with your car on it and fell in love with it. I sold my MK6 Carbon Steel grey to get this and mannnn this car is such a massive improvement over the last one in terms of ride quality and the infotainment and mostly everything interior related.

However....theres always a however right?
How annoying is it that the mirrors don't tilt down when reversing for the kerb view or even have the electric folding option?? I had that on my mid option MK6! Im assuming we have the same car because VW middle east seems to do that. Cost cutting is so damn obvious :mad: Also, what is annoying is the fact that we have heated seats....HEllo??? MIDDLE EAST!! Lastly, because theres no folding mirrors, we don't get that sexy illumination light under the mirror which illuminates the ground when the car is unlocked. Also would have loved the auto start stop as i have it on my Mothers audi and brothers bmw (german is the only way to go!!) and it surprises me that audi orders it on even the basic models here. These guys really need to get their heads straight man....heated seats...loool. Also, soon as i picked up the car, i was at vkool where i engaged the reverse gear and voila...camera wasnt working, tried a few times, opened the closed the boot etc. it would work for a bit then once again id get a black screen, or a hazy screen. Took it to the dealer where they ran a system check but everything was working, they tried a few times and it would work with amazing brighness and crispness, however ofc...after an hour when at home i tried it and doesnt wanna work. Any idea if that has happ to anyone else?

Anywhoo sorry for the long post, Apart from these snags i'm so in love with the way this car drives over the previous one. And most importantly wanted to thank you for indirectly helping me get this car and ofc thought i'd say hello :D:D:D

Heres some pics too :D

Last edited:

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Sigh , i forgot to click upload photos earlier and i had to resize them, so here they are :p

Attachments

• IMG_2198.JPG
    IMG_2198.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 4,545
  • IMG_2199.JPG
    IMG_2199.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 26,472
  • IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 15,121
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 4,729
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 10,873
  • IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 4,703

Go Kart Champion
congrats man, beautiful color i must say :D

oh and i think the number plates are the only thing differentiating our cars as the tint looks very similar in color to mine, but mine is k14(10% darker than yours) on the sides and k28 on the rear

welcome to the forum.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Thanks man!

Yeah I remember reading your post about the K14, but unfortunately they dont sell it here as they were asked not to, dont know why honestly! I had planned on the K28 as i had it on the MK6 gti, but really wanted K14 after seeing yours.

Oh well :p

Go Kart Champion
My camera works fine, never did that thing. Take a video and show it to the dealer

GTIMK71

makes 3 of us

Hey, just joined the forum as I just picked up my Night Blue MK7 gti. I paid the 133,900 and its with Bi xenons, Leather, "Panoramic" roof, camera, auto park and 18" rims etc as you guys were discussing. Its 133,900 for two options, pano and 18" or without pano and 19". They say you cant have both as theres too much vibration from the 19" which affect the rigidity of the pano.

I must say though KindiGti, our cars are almost identical. I just put vkool right after i got the car, from showroom to vkool straight after delivery. I put the K28 film all around and the for the rear windows and rear windscreen i added H20 on top of the K28. They molded the films together, really awesome i must say. Apart from the tint, i think our cars are exactly the same.

I originally ordered a limestone grey(which i slowly started to regret) which was scheduled for deliver in the end of october but kept getting pushed and now is coming in december. I wanted a white but they have 123 cars on order which should be here in december out of which a 100 are white....so yeah. I then got a call from the dealer saying he has one Night Blue which someone cancelled but its here. I looked online and found this forum with your car on it and fell in love with it. I sold my MK6 Carbon Steel grey to get this and mannnn this car is such a massive improvement over the last one in terms of ride quality and the infotainment and mostly everything interior related.

However....theres always a however right?
How annoying is it that the mirrors don't tilt down when reversing for the kerb view or even have the electric folding option?? I had that on my mid option MK6! Im assuming we have the same car because VW middle east seems to do that. Cost cutting is so damn obvious :mad: Also, what is annoying is the fact that we have heated seats....HEllo??? MIDDLE EAST!! Lastly, because theres no folding mirrors, we don't get that sexy illumination light under the mirror which illuminates the ground when the car is unlocked. Also would have loved the auto start stop as i have it on my Mothers audi and brothers bmw (german is the only way to go!!) and it surprises me that audi orders it on even the basic models here. These guys really need to get their heads straight man....heated seats...loool. Also, soon as i picked up the car, i was at vkool where i engaged the reverse gear and voila...camera wasnt working, tried a few times, opened the closed the boot etc. it would work for a bit then once again id get a black screen, or a hazy screen. Took it to the dealer where they ran a system check but everything was working, they tried a few times and it would work with amazing brighness and crispness, however ofc...after an hour when at home i tried it and doesnt wanna work. Any idea if that has happ to anyone else?

Anywhoo sorry for the long post, Apart from these snags i'm so in love with the way this car drives over the previous one. And most importantly wanted to thank you for indirectly helping me get this car and ofc thought i'd say hello :D:D:D

Heres some pics too :D

Hey MukulJuriagtimk7 ,

Congrats on your new GTI , looks great and actually makes 3 of us now with night blue GTIs ( and i thought it would be a unique color :p) Kindi also indirectly helped me choose the color when he posted pix of his own as i originally ordered a white one .

Its very annoying seeing all those options missing in the ME market, especially after getting pumped reading all about them for the past 3 months :/ i can only wish we could custom order our cars just like they do in the UK, but o well.

I also originally ordered the mid range because they initially told me (AL Naboodah) that the only difference would be the leather seats and push start ignition. However i later discovered there were a whole lot of other options missing (reverse camera, cornering headlights, etc.) , so i asked to switch to the "fully loaded" one but they said id have to wait till February. Naturally i got pissed off and asked to cancel the order and get my deposit refunded as i was mislead with the specifications. I called the ALI & SONS in abu dhabi to see if they had anything and sure enough a night blue GTI arriving in late October (im currently tracking the ship and looks its gonna be right on schedule :D) one interesting piece of information he mentioned was that even the mid range there comes with a reversing camera and for the fully loaded they even have the option with SAT NAV which i was told not going to be introduced in the fully loaded one by AL Nabooda.

as for the price , you should have negotiated a bit i got mine for 131,000 from ALI & SONS and was quoted 132,000 from Al Nabooda, not a huge difference but why not spend them on some accessories instead :p Ohh and im also getting the Abu Dhabi license plate (get a little bit of red in there )

Below are the specs i was given for the fully loaded GTI without navigation. let me know if it matches what you got .

Specifications

. • “Austin” 4 alloy wheels 7.5J x 18
• Tires 225/40 R18
• Cell phone interface “ Comfort”
• MEDIA-IN jack with iPod /iPhone adapter cable and USB charging connection
• Panoramic tilt/slide sunroof
• Radio “Composition Media”
• Spare wheel 3.5J x 18, space and weight saving
• Tool kit and jack
• Aut. headlight activation with separate daytime running lights, "Leaving Home" and manual "Coming Home"
• Auto-dimming interior mirror
• Bi-xenon headlamps for low beam and high beam, with LED separate daytime running lights and cornering light
• Climatronic air conditioning system with dual-zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable
• Cruise control incl. speed limiter
• Driver's seat with power adjustment of seat travel, height, seat and backrest angle
• Dynamic headlight range adjustment, with dynamic cornering light
• Fresh air intake system with activated carbon canister
• Front center armrest with storage box, 2 air vents in rear
• Front fog lights
• Headlamp washer system
• Heated front seats
• Keyless locking and starting system "Keyless Access"
• LED taillamp assemblies, dark red
• Parallel parking assistant "Park Assist" including park distance control
• Partially leather seat covering, fine embossed
• Power-adjustable lumbar support on driver's side
• Rain sensor