GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
All I needed to hear guys, thank you for the lowdown. I don’t have access to e85 so yeah, I’m stuck with 93 octane, unfortunately.
Lol 93 octane is a big improvement over 91 octane

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Wige's Beetle oil temps are consistently at 89-90 degC. Y'all saying it never burns off condensation? I doubt it.
Outside of the discussion above In regards to sensor locations and dash reading...

Condensation is water vapors turned to liquid water content in the oil... the temp needed to boil water is 212F, so yeah if the sensor is accurately read true oil temps that never exceed 90c and you need 100c to evaporate the water - there’s nothing to doubt in those regards right?

But I’m sure that gauge just shows lower really.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Outside of the discussion above In regards to sensor locations and dash reading...

Condensation is water vapors turned to liquid water content in the oil... the temp needed to boil water is 212F, so yeah if the sensor is accurately read true oil temps that never exceed 90c and you need 100c to evaporate the water - there’s nothing to doubt in those regards right?

Where does the oil temperatures get measured? If it's the pan then the oil going through the engine must be hotter. Condensation is one of the reasons I got the Spulen OCC.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Water boils at 212degF at a certain pressure, let's say 1 atmosphere (101325 Pa). So every time i read this thread and see 212 mentioned every time, i wonder if anyone knows the actual conditions inside where condensation is expected to evaporate.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It rained last week, my grass is still wet-- I'm waiting for the temps to get above 212*F!!!!!
Haha that's not exactly an equal comparison. Water in the oil isn't exposed to the atmosphere to evaporate. Only heat will get rid of it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Where does the oil temperatures get measured? If it's the pan then the oil,
Good point, yeah even if it’s measured at multiple locations at points where the oil is passing the tight tolerances between metals like the crank to rods or especially the turbos journal bearings it’s definitely hotter than anywhere a sensor could be reading from.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Good point, yeah even if it’s measured at multiple locations at points where the oil is passing the tight tolerances between metals like the crank to rods or especially the turbos journal bearings it’s definitely hotter than anywhere a sensor could be reading from.
Which means that users' concerns about new rev oil temps may be a moot point and everything is fine.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
FWIW, I was driving around lately again with my Unitronic software, stage 2, 93, and the oil temps are similar to EQT. And sorry to take this a little OT, but from driving the car EQT-tuned and now back to Unitronic, one can definitely compare how each party goes about giving these cars some love. The Unitronic is linear in it's power delivery but I feel almost 100% certain that in a roll race, the EQT car would take care of business. By any chance has a person with EQT Stage 2 software ever done some rolling races with a Unitronic Stage 2 car, all modifications being similar? I'm convincing myself to get a ProTune but don't feel its worth it for a basic IS20 car with the usuals. My wife calls it justification to waste more money, but who knows, maybe it'll be worth it.

I have a protune on my IS20. Got it before the staged tunes were released. Had the staged tunes already been released I would of just gone with them. Unless you want something specific done to the tune I would stick with the staged ones for stock turbo.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
FWIW, I was driving around lately again with my Unitronic software, stage 2, 93, and the oil temps are similar to EQT. And sorry to take this a little OT, but from driving the car EQT-tuned and now back to Unitronic, one can definitely compare how each party goes about giving these cars some love. The Unitronic is linear in it's power delivery but I feel almost 100% certain that in a roll race, the EQT car would take care of business. By any chance has a person with EQT Stage 2 software ever done some rolling races with a Unitronic Stage 2 car, all modifications being similar? I'm convincing myself to get a ProTune but don't feel its worth it for a basic IS20 car with the usuals. My wife calls it justification to waste more money, but who knows, maybe it'll be worth it.
I'm considering switching over to EQT, so your post is rather timely. What would you say are the main differences between the two? Thanks in advance.