GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
What’s up everyone, I’m wondering how you guys are liking the new revised maps from EQT that came out not long ago. The changes seem pretty great, especially wondering how the Stage 2 E30 revised map is. I’m waiting to get my revised E30 map back and see how it rips then. EQT has been nothing but amazing for me for the last 15k miles

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
What’s up everyone, I’m wondering how you guys are liking the new revised maps from EQT that came out not long ago. The changes seem pretty great, especially wondering how the Stage 2 E30 revised map is. I’m waiting to get my revised E30 map back and see how it rips then. EQT has been nothing but amazing for me for the last 15k miles
Are you 6-spd or DSG? Just wondering since I just got the Stage 2 tune for 91 Oct and I believe it was a 2.50 revision. Any way that it can be confirmed with the AP?

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Are you 6-spd or DSG? Just wondering since I just got the Stage 2 tune for 91 Oct and I believe it was a 2.50 revision. Any way that it can be confirmed with the AP?
I’m 6spd. Yeah I believe if you go to view current map on the AP, and click and hold it, it’ll show the current map details. Or you can check your email from EQT and see the version there

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
Found the answer in their website, revision 2.51 is for 2019 and earlier models. My GTI is a 2020, so I'm still on revision 2.50.

Miamiglock

2020 GTI here with the updated stage 2 E30 map and it’s hauling dick. Haven’t had the chance to run any logs yet but my butt Dyno is telling me it’s a smoother pull.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Found the answer in their website, revision 2.51 is for 2019 and earlier models. My GTI is a 2020, so I'm still on revision 2.50.
2020 GTI here with the updated stage 2 E30 map and it’s hauling dick. Haven’t had the chance to run any logs yet but my butt Dyno is telling me it’s a smoother pull.
sounds like you should reach out to EQT JJ, seems like their website isnt updated.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I have a 2019 6 speed with the updated file and compared to the last file my car is not jerking in first gear on cold start anymore thank god! The car seems overall smooth the coolant and oil temp have dropped overall. so I’m super happy with a $25 update. Will worth it.

AmalgamGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My 2017 DSG is on the 2.51 map. With previous versions, the jerkiness of on-off throttle at low speeds was awful. Passengers thought I was driving like a maniac. I got used to it and it happened less frequently, but it would still catch me off guard at least once a day, and it'd would be a startling jerk forward that I wasn't expecting. 2.51 GREATLY improves that. It's not completely gone, but it's so much smoother in those instances. It still happens in very particular situations. Made me like my EQT stage 1 GTI much more. Looking forward to future updates, because it seems like Ed at EQT is really pioneering the way forward for Cobb tunes on this platform. I haven't driven any other tuned GTI's to compare.

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
What do you guys make of this? Conflicting information on which revision of Stage 2 tuning, 2.5 or 2.51 I"m running on my 2020 GTI. I already reached out to EQT for help understanding.
Capture1.PNG

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What do you guys make of this? Conflicting information on which revision of Stage 2 tuning, 2.5 or 2.51 I"m running on my 2020 GTI. I already reached out to EQT for help understanding.
View attachment 203202
Non-issue. Ed or Dave already addressed it and said it’s just because there’s an issue with updating the metadata. Send it.

AmalgamGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ed said in the FB group that the batch updating process is unable to change the notes of the file. My file still said 2.00, but it's definitely the 2.51 updated file.

Last edited:

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Oh wow, super glad to see the info is now on the EQT website and not just on facebook! I feel like I miss so much not being on facebook, if only for EQT updates.

Just put in an update order for 2.00 - 2.51 :)

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
To echo the above,

I was accused of driving like a madman..
You'd try to accelerate gently in "D" and it would drop a gear, go full boost and light the tires up, you naturally back off, get back in it and then it will either go crazy again, or level off.
Now on 2.51, I can just drive normally in "D" for the most part.

Prior to the update, I actually thought it was easier to drive in "S" as I could modulate it easier.

Best $25 you'll spend this year.