GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
Everyone’s “feel” is going to differ but I actually just removed the whole EQT suite and accessport for now. Didn’t like the super low oil temps, car felt it trudged along. Maybe I was just so use to the previous versions. We’ll see for now as I’ll leave the ECU stock for a while and ponder my options.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Everyone’s “feel” is going to differ but I actually just removed the whole EQT suite and accessport for now. Didn’t like the super low oil temps, car felt it trudged along. Maybe I was just so use to the previous versions. We’ll see for now as I’ll leave the ECU stock for a while and ponder my options.
Why didn't you just go back to version 2.50?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Eurodyne files also reduce the target coolant temp (and thus lower oil temps). Seems EQTs targets mid 200s coolant temp.

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
Good question, I guess I’m just neurotic. You see a lot of posts on here EQT and EQT that, and I’m 53,000 miles deep into driving this car, and the wow factor has worn off. Again, has performed flawlessly, but I think it’s time for perhaps a little more fueling and a protune from a certain sneeky tuner that shall remain nameless. If I don’t like that, I try something else, one of the beauties of this platform.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I was a little apprehensive about the tune running cooler, but a quick google shows reports that APR Stage 1 also runs somewhat cooler than stock by a similar amount, so this is not unprecedented. Can anyone confirm this?
I can confirm it. Had APR and EQT. Oil temps with APR were definitely lower. Lower than stock as well. Have not updated to the latest EQT file yet.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You need the oil temperature to be at least 212 degrees to burn off condensation. EQT sent me the update for my remote dyno tune and I'm not going to install it based on people saying how low the oil temps run.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Here’s my anecdotal experience with 2.51… drivability is improved but I have experienced more incidents of the unexpected DV control issue that resulted in a slight throttle lag followed by an unexpected surge of power. I never experienced that once corrected on 2.0, but it happened ALL THE TIME on the Unitronic tune.

As for oil temp, I hit 214 every day. Coolant hovers around 198-200.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
You need the oil temperature to be at least 212 degrees to burn off condensation. EQT sent me the update for my remote dyno tune and I'm not going to install it based on people saying how low the oil temps run.
So even if you run for hours, condensation is going to remain if the temp is at 210 but not higher for long periods?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So even if you run for hours, condensation is going to remain if the temp is at 210 but not higher for long periods?

Water (condensation) doesn't evaporate until it hits 212*. Could be 210* for 24 hours, the condensation wouldn't go anywhere.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Evaporation begins before boiling point. It'll just take longer

Water outside will evaporate even though it's not 212 degrees out

Go throw a pot of water on the stove and watch for yourself :D
It doesn't evaporate in the oil because it's not exposed to the air like your example.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
It doesn't evaporate in the oil because it's not exposed to the air like your example.
Idk, a quick Google search brought up oil forums agreeing that 180f should be enough (given the car is driven for ~30+ mins)

Even if it's not exposed directly it's not like the outside temp doesn't affect our oil...

Last edited: