GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The new EQT V2.51 Maps

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
To echo the above,

I was accused of driving like a madman..
You'd try to accelerate gently in "D" and it would drop a gear, go full boost and light the tires up, you naturally back off, get back in it and then it will either go crazy again, or level off.
Now on 2.51, I can just drive normally in "D" for the most part.

Prior to the update, I actually thought it was easier to drive in "S" as I could modulate it easier.

Best $25 you'll spend this year.
This is the issue I had as well, which made me switch to 5150. I might have to give the update a try.

GTI*59

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' MK7 GTI 6MT
6MT checking in here.

Drivability feels better but in my experience nothing to write home about.

The oil temps however look to have dropped significantly. I ran Mt. Palomar's uphill East Grade Road pretty hard the other night. My oil temps normally hit ~245F when I do this but with the update I don't think I exceeded 220F. I'll need to double check the datalog.

Granted ambient was 40F but I don't think the ambient was much warmer during my previous runs. I normally do canyon runs past midnight.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
That is interesting about the oil temps. My oil temps were higher on EQT than with the previous APR tune. Looks like the update would be worth it just for that.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Sure, too cold is not a good thing either.

Here is the stock table on a R file. I basically just set the 225 cells to 212, so it won't get as hot when you're at idle or lots of slow moving speeds. Oil temp still reaches 220 just fine. No idea how EQT changed it but probably similar

1613320201055.png

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Haven't been paying attention I am still on Stage 1 v2.01 just ordered the update(y)

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I've been on stage 2 E30 (6mt) since it came out. My one complaint was the experience from 0 to about 20 mph. It was very hard to get a smooth takeoff and 1 - 2 shift. Other maps and stages were easier to handle. I made the update to 2.51 a couple of days ago and it does seem smoother.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Sure, too cold is not a good thing either.

Here is the stock table on a R file. I basically just set the 225 cells to 212, so it won't get as hot when you're at idle or lots of slow moving speeds. Oil temp still reaches 220 just fine. No idea how EQT changed it but probably similar

View attachment 203299

What does the Y-Axis in the first table represent?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
What does the Y-Axis in the first table represent?
"load". which is funny because the ECU uses "torque" in place of "load" everywhere else. There is a load parameter available to log via SAE PID....but I have no idea if that actually correlates to this load value. I would have to dig into the FR but I'm not doing anything other than set max values to ~212, so not something i really care to look into personally.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Anything under 220* for engine oil when the engine is fully warned up is not desirable. The most efficient temp range is 220*-250*.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/engine-oil-temperature/

Not saying this is wrong but, my GTI never exceeds 220 degree oil temp and is often found floating around 205-215... with the latter only being the case when I'm pushing it. It's been this way for 50,000 miles, tuned (APR) and not tuned (first 10,000 miles of it's life).

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Only time I've seen oil temps reach 230+ are during canyon runs..but then again I don't really pay much attention to it during normal driving once its reached 180

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
To echo the above,

I was accused of driving like a madman..
You'd try to accelerate gently in "D" and it would drop a gear, go full boost and light the tires up, you naturally back off, get back in it and then it will either go crazy again, or level off.
Now on 2.51, I can just drive normally in "D" for the most part.

Prior to the update, I actually thought it was easier to drive in "S" as I could modulate it easier.

Best $25 you'll spend this year.

Is this with their DSG tune? I am planning on going EQT Stage 1 this spring but reports like yours make me question if I should do something else.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I installed stage 1 version 2.51 this week after a little driving I did notice the temp was a bit lower seemed to stay between 195 and 201. The oil temp seemed a bit lower too though it did get up to 212 after about 15 miles. It is fairly cool here right now at about 45 degrees. Don't know if I noticed any performance difference, maybe a bit more responsive if anything.

Alex MK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
It’s great to see so many people chime in and provide their input on the new map. I’ve been on the 2.51 for some weeks now and it has been great! EQT keeps upping their game!